About the LGBT thread

M8, this is a gaming forum which means it is filled with gamers™ which are known to absolutely detest women and minorities and therefore mass false flag topics related to this.

You are right, but you have to realize that many people sadly are far too easily influenced by the minority hate train going around so that is to be expected sadly since many people arent that bright or independent intellectually speaking

For example this thing

These people confuse being gay or any minority as “politics” and will go into ridiculous mental gymnastics trying to pretend that anything but cis het str8 characters in game are “politics”

They are the definition of status quo warriors

4 Likes

Being born and existing is not a political statement

4 Likes

Nothing disney ever makes is not forced, they literally just try to force some 1 second same sex kiss so they can PRETEND to be progressive while also not triggering a lot their homophobic viewers from US and other homophobic places.

it is the equivalent fo some boomer going “oh look at me, I dont hate you for being gay, im such an ally” while literally supporting homophobic politicians and policies lol

3 Likes

But crying on a forum for a fake fantasy game is.

There are already nonheterosexual characters displayed in game and in the Marcus book series. Name three main black characters that I can relate to. You can’t.

Find something else worthy of your time an energy. Volunteer. Go outside.

Being black is not my entire identity. I enjoy gaming, my chihuahuas, calligraphy, painting, and jogging. I’m pretty funny and I’m a great cook. Oh yeah, I’m also a minority.

My skin tone got taken out of the game entirely at one point, and they are just now putting in my hair texture. You can be yourself in game already.

Why is it important for you to have a main character that is exactly like you? That is not diversity. That is you wanting to have the game altered to suit your own fancy. We can’t even get a decent story line and you complaining about a non existent problem. WoW had LGBTQ characters way before most mediums. But still not good enough for you.

14 Likes

Nice assumption.

Nice way to dodge the facts.

9 Likes

Not dodging I just don’t care.

I would like to be converted into a faceless one, just to learn Shath’yar.

Exactly. That’s my point. You only care about what matters to you, not the other 95% of the gaming population that pays the same subscription cost as you. Definition of selfishness.

12 Likes

I only care enough about this thread to let this thread know I don’t care about it.

It’s brought nothing but more hostility to the forums and it’s not needed.

This is warcraft. Not love craft.

2 Likes

Says the status quo warrior, the ironing xD

The very idea of defending the status quo is the definition of selfishness m8

2 Likes

I mean. Yeah? So does pretty much everyone else.

Interested in the N’zoth program are you? Well stab yourself with the Ny’leth toy today and you can murder all your fellow friends and players while speaking Shath’yar and sacrificing people to the one true god!

2 Likes

Before 5.3 patch , Pvp was all about Warcraft . Blizzard started a fight that wasn’t needed .

“Status quo warrior”, is that how you label anyone with a dissenting opinion? I simply pointed out the facts…

A. There are LGBTQ characters already in WoW, and they have existed for a very long time.

B. Other minorities are not represented nearly as frequently as LGBTQ NPCs, and in fact some of us usually end up being the bad guys or evil dragons.

No one defended the fact that WoW is not always the most diverse place. I am simply pointing out that you already have what you are asking for, you just want more than anyone else and you want it exactly YOUR way. Essentially you want to have your cake, and another, bigger cake and eat that too. Selfish.

8 Likes

I mean technically my birthday is coming up next week and yes I would like my cake and a bigger one. Please.

There are a few ambiguous couples scattered throughout Azeroth. One such couple is a Night Elf/Tauren druid pair who are quest givers in Wailing Caverns, for example. If they do decide to confirm a few of these, by having them mention their partner in passing, all they might have to do is simply tweek the dialog a little without having to change the story. I don’t see how this would be at all bothersome, as it would not really impact cannon other than to confirm player fan theory, thus expanding some minor lore.

But nitpicking my example doesn’t mean the point I was trying to make was wrong. It just means the example I used could be slightly better.

I’m looking at this thread and it’s literally just full of people making arguments from feels expressing contempt for the fact that LGBT people want anything in the first place and failing to address the double standard currently in the game.

If a thread like this gets this much hate disproportionate to every other bit of feedback the game gets, what makes you believe that an actual mainline zone story featuring an LGBT love story wouldn’t cause a storm of reactionary hatred?

And to be clear, I’m not even asking for a mainline LGBT character. I’m just feeling the temperature of the water here and calling it as I see it, y’know? It’s not as if I haven’t seen that sort of reaction to other stuff vaguely progressive stuff online. Personally I’d be fine with my initial example of a man and his husband sending me on a quest to save their farm.

1 Like

Oh you are whining about flagging? My post about Polynesian representation was literally deleted by the racist moderators on the forums. They leave up the Latino and lgbt one but delete one about Polynesian culture.

It’s rather sad blizzard would let the racists mods just pick and choose which race/protected class to censor.

3 Likes

The mass downvote, I mean flagging of any kind of minority related thread in GD is my proof and point, which is a consistent event.

The problem are gamers™ who are known to hate women and minorities, but hey, keep trying to make up excuses for such abhorrent and bigoted behavior