About the LGBT thread

We all could have met tons of gay NPCs in Azeroth that were written as intentionally gay characters, but we never knew because their homosexuality wasn’t the focus of the story.

Does it bother you that you could have met a gay NPC and they weren’t in the spotlight?

Or that their sexuality wasn’t the reason they were in the game?

Is it not okay for an NPC to be gay and not be known for being gay, but be known by their place in the lore?

3 Likes

No. However, if you don’t even know someone is LGBT, how do you rationalize them counting as “representation”? It doesn’t.

5 Likes

So you’re saying in order to be “represented”, your sexual relationships have to be on display to prove them?

3 Likes

If you can’t tell what a character is, then it’s not representation

1 Like

Blizzard: Introduces a lgbt character
Everyone:

Forums: Please give us lgbt characters
Everyone: bruh

TL;DR: No one would care if it fluidly made its way into the game without it being pushed / forced by the players.

1 Like

Here, since people can’t be bothered to read or search.

2 Likes

Tracer had an organic introduction to it and people still lost their dang minds.

5 Likes

But isn’t the whole point “equality”? Shouldn’t you not be able to tell who is who or have preconceived notions about minorities? Wouldn’t that be equal, to not notice people for their sexuality?

It’s like, they wanna be the same, but they want more attention. You can’t have both.

6 Likes

For real life your idea works. Fiction and story telling? Slightly different rules.

2 Likes

To be honest, politics should not be discussed in WoW. It’s cool that you’re proud of what you are, but no one cares. Just live your life. But if you want to connect with other lgbt, im sure reddit has a sub for you.

8 Likes

You have to be able to know for certain that they are LGBT, yes. You can’t represent something without anyone knowing anymore than an invisible flag can represent a country. That’s just… not what representation means, y’know?

2 Likes

The NPCs already exist, but they arent apparent enough, for whatever reason. But keep pretending there is an issue where there is none.

3 Likes

What I’m really saying is…

If we’re gonna go there…

We might as well go full Game of Thrones sex scenes every patch, dead serious I wanna see it all. This story is boring.

Just like GoT, people screwing, heads on pikes, the whole nine. Give it to me.

1 Like

They also seem to assume players objecting to pushing orientations into a game just to placate trolls are all straight.

Some of us just don’t want our lives used to push the politics of provocateurs.

I like seeing more women in major roles in movies, but the all women Ghostbusters was really pretty awful. Does hating that movie make me a woman-hater?

6 Likes

I’m sorry that you feel like a couple of “Might be gay, maybe?” and “Might be trans but only if you want to believe so because there are other equally plausible explanations” characters are the best we can do.

You’re weirdly hostile to the idea of a little bit more.

2 Likes

Marcus galloped on his warhorse towards the remote building, bringing an almost imperceptible flush to one of the curvier guards as he passed. He dismounted and handed his reins to the ever-present stablemaster, placing one hand on her shoulder before speaking. “Kama, have you considered our last conversation?” Marcus asked, furrowing his eyebrows in mock seriousness.

Kama rolled her eyes, her Pandaren markings exaggerating the movement. “I doubt my life-mate would think much of it.”

Marcus let out a bellowing laugh, looking over his shoulder as he walked away, “I’d still like to meet her one day!”

6 Likes

That’s not what I meant.

Real life would go like “Hey are you gay?” “Yup” “Cool”

A reader say for a book can’t directly ask a question to a character. It’s up to the author to let you know. Hence why some of my fav content creators basically go “okay this character is seriously whatever you want them to be just go nuts”

1 Like

NPC =/= playable characters. You can make your playable character anything you want.

2 Likes

Truuuuue but I hope my point was made. Non lgbt freak out really hard about this stuff which is silly because they forced a lot of their media onto us not giving a dang how we felt.

2 Likes

…Did you just quote a steamy romance novel as an example of LGBT representation?

4 Likes