About gender name changes

86% of statistics are made up by people with an agenda.

6 Likes

Because it’s an easy thing to implement that takes nothing away from anyone.

Seems like a slam dunk win win for both parties I don’t understand why anyone’s upset

I would seriously ask myself why I would have a problem with that when it’s completely optional. I would wager you have animosity and negative feelings that you need to work through if this bothers you

4 Likes

Does it ?

Will you be able to make non binary characters with the changes or feminine looking males or masculine females with the changes ?

Will it give people the option to make say skinny Kul Tiran finally ?

If it does all that it makes sense but if is still the same genders male and female but renamed to body 1 and body 2 then not so much .

You pick the body type and it shows only 1 gender or the other (depending on the body type picked) you are still picking male or female.

Like I said if it gives options for both genders regardless of which body type a person picks then more power to them . If it keeps the genders the same based on body type then it is just a token gesture.

1 Like

im fine with all this unless they take it TO far.

You know the next major lore villian is the Sass’ King and the YaSsss queen might be a bit much.

1 Like

You’d think after shadowlands that’d be an improvement.

Reeeee!!! I changed my name and I still only have 12 gold.

Ummmm, sweaty, this is more important than dumb worthless gameplay changes like making a better vault or offering more customization to already existing races that lack it, and skinny KT is actually fat shaming so you should be totes heckin’ ASHAMED of urself, fr fr nocap.

“it makes no difference to the game, and doesn’t effect anything, but I am gonna complain about it”

This is an interesting take.

3 Likes

Seriously I have no problems with fat Kul Tiran I have one and I am a chubby guy myself.

I am saying will the change give people want that option , the option they want or is the change just a name change and still shows the same options when you click on them that the symbols did and when you pick one body type all the characters are either all male or all female.

But there is already an option to play a skinnier human.

I just want to be clear here, I think this is a dumb change that accomplishes nothing because it’s in a video game, rather than in the real world where real people really live.

Also I’m fine with skinny KT as an option, want a better Vault and further expanded actual customization options. I also don’t believe this qualifies as such an expansion, either.

1 Like

True there is and I prefer the bigger Kul Tirans.

Everything I am saying is just examples . I have no real horse in this race . I’m just saying the change makes sense if it is a real change to character creation customization . If not then nothing has really changed .

Which makes it even more hilarious when people complain about it.

Also, I am 100% against skinny KT.

You can still be male or female, it’s still an option. Honestly it changes nothing. You can use your existing character and pick how you wish to addressed.

So basically we agree.

If it doesn’t actually change anything thing then it is senseless and time would better be used by focusing on what matters and that is actual game play aspects of the game.

2 Likes

Yes.

Very yes.

I’m neither for or against I don’t give a rodents rectum .

I’m just saying if they are just going to body types like say bulky or skinny instead of showing male female symbols they may as well go all in and let people pick the body type then let the next choice be the gender regardless of size .

I mean, I am just against it from a developmental route. There shouldn’t be any race with multiple rigs. You are basically getting a free race at that point.

I mean. Ok? shrug

It seems as though thats literally the plan. You pick Body Type 1 or 2. Datamined info says you will then pick your pronouns. He/She.

Edit : That being said, your characters in game gender basically never comes up. Dialogue typically uses a neutral “the champion” sorta statement anyways. So. shrug

And I am still going to use the characters name or race and maybe they or them still .

I don’t care if it is a male toon identifying as she or he or what ever .

As far as I am concerned everyone’s pronouns are what ever they named the toon or what ever class it is.

Um. Ok?

Weird flex.

Most of what you stated has nothing to do with anything going on. For example, I am curious what class, name, or race has to do with any pronouns.

Do warriors and hunters have different pronouns?

Can trolls or gnomes only be specific races?