About gender name changes

The biggest argument about this change is that it doesn’t interfere with the game, that it makes no difference and whoever is complaining is the neckbeard egdy or whatever. I ask you, why take away the option of being male or female and even modify old texts to fit today? Since most of the playerbase is straight, many men and women. If it doesn’t interfere with the game, why add it? Why is it so important?
Yes, it doesn’t matter, for either side, but for some reason the game has to have that, right…

111 Likes

Exactly that, these folks still think they are truly represented, all manipulated.

21 Likes

It doesn’t matter the only place you see the changes is in the character creation UI otherwise the game is the same as it always been.

4 Likes

No, apparently they are modifying old dialogs to adapt, and besides that, neutral pronouns can be used but not he/she anymore. If that’s not important, why did they change?

42 Likes

Blizzard is making these changes, meanwhile FF14 dialogue defaults to he/him.

8 Likes

I mean it feels disingenuous, I’m sure there are a very small portion of the population that appreciate it but it just feels like virtue signalling on blizzards behalf.

But anyway, I don’t read any quest text and I don’t recall being called anything other than descriptors like champion etc anyway

I don’t usually refer to other players and he/she unless I know them, it’s either 1 of 2 scenarios:

1. bruh/bro/my mate

Eg, GG my mates, good run, Tyty.

Or

1. class name is xyz

Eg, the hunter is doing dumb ish again zz

Makes no difference to me

10 Likes

I actually find nothing wrong with this at all.
On the bright side, this trend is likely going to resolve the Overpopulated Problem.

As a Ren’dorei Matriarch, I do find it quite amusing, but than again the new person in charge are now allowing Men to train as Ghostblades.

4 Likes

Uhh, no it doesn’t?

3 Likes

Lots of people are getting big mad over a video game…

19 Likes

I don’t see the issue. Most of the text in the game is second person. You. Or Champion. Or class.

And no one reads the damn text anyway. Let people have what ever pronouns makes them feel complete.

14 Likes

It bears repeating.

“The Message”

10 Likes

Imagine being so insecure that this is the thing that makes you angry

Lmao, sad

22 Likes

I offer a completely rational statement about how this is illogical and is simply Blizzard going out of their way to virtue signal (it is). And the only thing people have to say about me is that I’m “mad”.

Attacking my supposed emotional state is the only thing these people know how to do, apparently.

50 Likes

No. No you really didn’t.

18 Likes

I am pretty good at making up names that can be used by Male or Female, Horde or Alliance…even Pets.

I also take into account what type pf realm I am playing. RP realms have a different flavor of names in my book.

I have never been put on the carpet by Blizzard because of a name.

I did. It’s not my fault that you fail to see it that way.

13 Likes

At this point the devs should just have blank spaces in the dialogue and have it plop your character name in everywhere that there is even a hint of a reference to you as a character.

I’d personally welcome weird silent pauses in dialogue over “CHAMPION MAW WALKER MALL WALKER HEROES!” the fact that it happens to get rid of the pronoun debate at the same time is just bonus points for people that it actually matters to.

It’s not that big of a deal either way.

People love throwing around the world “Snowflake” but get in their feelings over the smallest things.

Was this pandering? Yes.
Does Blizzard actually care? No.
Is this a bad change? Not at all.

11 Likes

Honestly, I don’t use pronouns in game. If I talk to a player I use their name.
Or it’s like hey mage

3 Likes

sounds like you answered your own question there bud

5 Likes