Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

I getting the same issue on my rogue while questing in Pandaria Jade forest. My combo points keep disappearing, I get stuck in combat, there is substantial loot and questing lag. I started getting these lag problems when BFA was released, although lately they seem to be amplified. My World and Home Latency has remained 53/48 but yet I still get Lag.

I have played WOW since beta and this is the first time a problem has completely broken the immersion for me. I really want to enjoy BFA but this lag problem is really stopping any enjoyment.

Very early in the morning the game seems to play fine, but after about 10:00 Local Central time is when these lag issues start to crop up.

Be advised I do not use any add-ons and have reinstalled the game twice already. I understand this issue can be hard to troubleshoot but with the volume of reports I hope it can be resolved quickly. Could you please provide some feedback to the community.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ability-loot-lag-on-north-american-servers-despite-normal-latency/50358/33

A claim of not happening in Dungeons and Raids. However, this did happen to me in an Island Expedition.

2 Likes

For me its worst in Kul Tiras than in Zandalar. And the loot/ability is not constant. I can go 1-2 seconds without it, and then it comes backā€¦ itā€™s intermittent.

3 Likes

Same things has been happening to me, on ALL CHARACTERS , everywhere. Like Gorthak said above, it is intermittent. However I have noticed that it does get worse (FAR worse) when massive world pvp starts to take place, particularly during invasions due to the high amount of characters.

2 Likes

Combo Points (Rogue )disappear all the time when I am doing the Horde Campaign so I made a bug report for that.

I have 60-ish MS/HOME and I am getting consistent lag whenever voice chat is on haha.

I turned down my graphics setting and the lag worsened lol.

1 Like

Having this issue as well on my lock, working on the Surfang quest. Was in the Alliance inn and the disguise fell off but I was still wearing it. I could talk to civy npcā€™s but the guards were attacking me. Flying but no mount.

1 Like

Hey all,

We pinged people to see if we can get an update. Sorry for the delay thus far. Things have been super crazy over the holidays. We appreciate you hanging tight on this one.

3 Likes

Hoping for an update soon. Been dealing with it for so long that itā€™s really detracting from the experience. Itā€™s very frustrating not being able to play things like Fire Mage in the open world, 1 second delays on Hunter shots, etc.

1 Like

I was going to just askā€¦ if anything else has changed, Iā€™m on my tauren pally Avallore on Firetree at the moment and quests wonā€™t update, mounts wonā€™t appear, and all the same old stuff that we all been complaining about for many days still hasnā€™t been fixed.

This is so unplayable and I hate having to completely close my game, wait ten minutesā€¦ and try again every 15-20 minutes.

Itā€™s making it extremely difficult to level and play in general to the point Iā€™m tempted to just request a time freeze on my account until this is fixed.

• Character Experiencing Issue: Taedinor
  • Realm Character is on: Shadow Council
  • Zone (Zulzadar/Boralus/Arathi/etc): Every zone
  • Server Time When Issue Occurs: Different times

Ability lag. Mount disappears. Quests not updating. Accept quests, but exclamation point is still there and quest is not in log. Not generating holy power until out of combat.

Iā€™ve found that if you reboot your computer it makes the lag go away for a bit of time. At least thatā€™s the case for me. However it does eventually return.

Yes, this happens whenever there is a type of Sharding or CRZ, so we restart the PC everything stays normal until any Sharding happens and again it sucks!

1 Like

Ability and loot lagg at Tiragarde sound doing War campaing on Horde toon despite normal latency !

Realm = Moon Guard
Toon = Nordico

Still seems that the issue has returned with some horrible vengeance. Noticed it on my monk, could generate no chi, though his energy bar refilled as if nothing was wrong. Quests could be turned in, but not cleared from the logs. Also was stuck in endless combat so no mounting and, if I was a 120, would not be able to use the flight master whistle.

This reminds me of the bug I reported back in Alpha where the quest logs were not properly tracking or updating.

1 Like

I thought the issue was resolved but this problem is back. Began right after 8.1 came out. Can no longer see combo points building during a fight. When i slip into flight form on my druids ( alliance or horde) iā€™m usually stuck in cat form. Horrible lag between turning in quests and the end of quest sound prompt. Loot lag as well. Loot lag when fishing. Cannot mount because Iā€™m ā€œin combatā€. etc. Cā€™mon bliz. If you want me to pay by the month, youā€™ve gotta provide better response to problems. This is 3 weeks plus.

3 Likes

You just described all the issues Iā€™ve been having since 8.1. Amazing that they havenā€™t fixed this yet.

Happening right now.

Character name: Gorthak (Alliance)
Zon: Stormsong Valley
Realm: Lightningā€™s Blade
Time: Right now, 3:30 Eastern time.

1 second delaysā€¦ intermittent.

Note that I played a 2 hours this morning around 7:30 AM to 9h30 AM eastern time, and it was fine for those couple hours.

Is anyone actually working at blizzard right now?

Hello?

Wake up?

What is going on?

Happening again this morningā€¦ all morning.

Character name : Gorthak (Alliance)
Zon : Tiragarde Sound
Realm : Lightningā€™s Blade
Time : Right now, 8h00 to now (10h13 AM).

COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS

I know itā€™s frustrating, but please try to remain patient Gorthak.