Lag is a problem

Okay, there are some things that are bad about BfA but for the most part I enjoy wow. A lot. What I find that I can’t forgive is the lag and it always seems to be at it’s worst during world pvp, an area that Blizzard seems to want to highlight this expansion. The part I find most frustrating and what brings me to the forums is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to let them know about this and if there were, I think my pleas would fall on deaf ears. I took a ten year break from wow and in that time I’ve found that their customer service is garbage and the GM community is either overwhelmed or have been replaced by bots. Is anyone else crippled by lag?

Not really, no.

3 Likes

During World PVP the servers get stressed and then it just because one giant still-frame. I was at the Great Seal and the Alliance attacked, and I quite literally couldn’t move the entire time because there was so much lag.

1 Like

navigate to tech support forum.
provide the information which is asked for.

every ticket is responded to by a human.

2 Likes

navigate to tech support forum.

The issue in question started at launch and hasnt been fixed since. The problem is at their end.

Thank you for your response Nobully. I have used the tech support repeatedly only to get zero response and zero results.

I’m sure they are human but the cookie cutter responses I’ve received from them after waiting over 24 hours doesn’t inspire me to have confidence in their concern or abilities.

Perhaps, but it isn’t universal, which makes it difficult to pinpoint a cause.

I have experienced lag at times, but 99% of the time it is home lag as the family games, streams, etc… at the same time.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but it isn’t universal, which makes it difficult to pinpoint a cause.

Cause is known

Five months and still not fixed.

Today, I was doing the WQs, finished them and hearthed back to Boralus and Holy Moly! Lag was so bad. I tried to sell some stuff to NPC and it took like 3-4 minutes to sell those stuff for gold.
I wasn’t just me. Everybody in the trade chat was complaining.
I tried to log out but it took another 3-4 minutes to log out and when I logged back in, same problem, serious lag.

So, I changed to another realm with my low level horde characters and boy…there was no lag at all there.
I think it was the realm problem, don’t know exactly what though.

1 Like

I see a lot of posts form people who are experiencing issues, but nothing that indicates a common cause. Then again, you pointed to a 392 and 1894 post threads, respectively, so if there’s an actual cause identified in there, feel free to point it out.

I feel very lucky to have never experienced these lag issues.

1 Like

I see a lot of posts form people who are experiencing issues, but nothing that indicates a common cause. Then again, you pointed to a 392 and 1894 post threads, respectively, so if there’s an actual cause identified in there, feel free to point it out.

Blizzards servers and sharding.

Thats your cause.

1 Like

Assuming OP was running a priest, shadow to be specific, when lag hits I can feel for them.

When lag monster attacks hard my shadow priests rotation can go to crap really. It can add wait overhead to a rotation with a few wait times to it already as you wait for the server to “catch up”.

Wasn’t too bad in pre 110 leveling. There is some scaling but its more fair there. BFA leveling…I parked my S. Priest in storm wind last night and no plans to level BFA for a week or so.

With some new content drop tuesday the hope it it to run it for all 30 minutes of added content it provides (lol)…and run chars less hindered by lag. Give the background pre loadings and oh crap bug fixes days after a chance to settle out.

Like my havoc DH. Her lag is funny in a way. DH can be so good my targets are dead before they or I even know it the joke I make often on her.

The sometime loot lag I get tbh if the WQ is a tag fest…I don’t even loot anymore. I want my piece on the next mob before someone else gets their claim on it. Lose some loot, get off the WQ faster. Lesser of 2 evils for me.

MY issue is a known one that will never go away. Oceanic based player. US players hate us for what we do to their servers. Which I think quite funny,

We if we had the choice would not shard to US either. And…we always play like this.

I haven’t pvp’d yet, just pve but when I was playing I did get some lag at times.

I just thought it was either my computer or internet connection.

I am also sharded when doing Incursions. As is everyone.

Anything else?

your route to servers is better.

Really good example of this: eve. One big ole cluster in Europe region. Good example since a very simple one . Literally one massive cluster.

If in iceland, europe lucky you…real, short and small hops. Many are the times when some US net routes were acting up only Europe could play the game reliably. When the transatlantic hop was a problem…US suffered.

Oceanic piggybacks off the US. When the US has issues. We have issues. Only worse with the hop that hits the lines on the floor of the Pacific ocean.

WOW…if you live closer to the server you use you make out good. Not gonna e-stalk so… Lets say you are west coast US. And close to the server.

I shard to your server from Japan. Your connection will be better. You will take a hit as they normalize the connection but…

I will be slower as I connect to the oceanic junction then head to the US west coast interconnect(s) then traffic routes to the US servers.

I’ve been running in to lag problems over the past month or so. Sometimes, like today, it was bad. Had to walk away from the game for 15, 20 minutes, start game back up, and it was okay. But this is happening too often of late!