🌕 {A/H} Purity of Essence - Worgen Lore Night [Event 6/7] 8pm

:crescent_moon: Purity of Essence :crescent_moon:

A worgen look at worgen lore

Alliance! Ever wondered about our mysterious allies, the worgen? Come to the Embassy at the next Purity of Essence event to learn the truths of this ancient, bestial race.

“Purity of Essence” is a sermon or class type RP event, in which characters gather for a presentation on worgen lore. The event occurs twice a month, each lasting one hour and covering different chapters from worgen lore, from their origins to their struggles today. Food is provided, and questions and trivia are held after.

Who Raedolf
What 1 hour class on worgen lore, trivia and questions after
When Twice a Month (see most recent post)
Where Stormwind Embassy

- More Information -

:page_facing_up: Event Overview

This is an Alliance event on Wyrmrest Accord, hosted twice a month (on Sundays) at the Stormwind Embassy. Everyone is welcome to attend. You may also pm Raedolf for an invite. The presentation itself will be one hour long, with questions afterwards.

:books: Lore

The event’s name is taken straight from the lore as well, named after Purity of Essence, a book writen by the first worgen - Alpha Prime - during his time in Gilneas. The book is written from a pro-worgen perspective. This event will be done likewise, from a pro-worgen perspective, and will be citing the lore all throughout. For more info on the sources used, click Lore Sources below.

:spiral_calendar: Future Events

Unlike last year, Purity of Essence will now be a twice-a-month occurrence. We will be starting out using the Stormwind Embassy as usual, but will soon move to the Twilight Grove in Duskwood, so Horde players may attend and learn about worgen as well. Other worgen server RP events are in the works as well, so stay tuned.

Lore Sources

Lore Sources

Curse of the Worgen

Curse of the Worgen is a five-part Blizzard comic produced by DC Comics, written by WoW story developers Micky Neilson and James Waugh. The comic revisits the story of the worgen starter zone, with several flashbacks to the creation of the worgen race, nine thousand three hundred years ago. It explains the dark truth behind the fall of Gilneas, and reveals the dark intent behind the worgen attack. This is available for $12.98 hardcover from Amazon. Additionally, contact me in the discord below for access to the free copy.
https://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Worgen-Blizzard-Legends/dp/194568352X/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WKVMCX56W0RNE2X9249N

Genn Greymane: Lord of his Pack

This short story, written by James Waugh, occurs just after the starter zone, and includes the fleeing Gilneans on their voyage to Teldrassil. The short story follows Genn Greymane, including several flashbacks in Gilnean history, as well as a tragedy at sea that nearly robbed the king of his wife and daughter as well. This is available for free on the World of Warcraft website.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/short-story/leader-story/genn-greymane

Wolfheart

(Coming Soon)

Dark Riders

(Coming Soon)

Chronicle

(Coming Soon)

World of Warcraft

(Coming Soon)

Schedule

Schedule

| Event Date | Topic |
| -|:-| :-
| 2-12-20 | Malfurion Stormrage and the Druids of the Pack|
| 2-26-20 | Alpha Prime and the Druids of the Scythe|
| 3-11-20 | Genn Greymane and the Bloodfang Pack |
| 3-29-20 | Velinde Starsong and the Terrowulf (plus Jitters and the Nightbane)|
| 4-12-20 | Archmage Arugal and the Bloodmoon Pack|
| 4-26-20 | Rise of the Wolf Cult, and the Fall of Gilneas|

Contact Us

Contact Us

Ingame: Raedolf
Btag: Gryoko#1133
Discord: RedmaneRaedolf#1794
< The Wolf Cult > Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/wk34ZsB
“Worgen by Night” Community Discord: https://discord.gg/EuF4BY6

NEXT EVENT:

See most recent post.

Alliance! Ever wondered about our mysterious allies, the worgen? Come to the Embassy this Sunday night at 7:30 PM PST to learn the truths of this ancient, bestial race.

Click here to add this to your ingame calendar!

https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/E0GezwZiEg?region=US&faction=Alliance

Related Projects

— Related Projects —

Wyrmrest Accord

World’s End Tavern

Story Forum

• Worgen timeline (Coming soon)
Contact Us

— Contact Us —

Ingame: Raedolf
Btag: Gryoko#1133
Discord: RedmaneRaedolf#1794

< The Wolf Cult > Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/wk34ZsB
“Wolf Cult Events” Community Discord: https://discord.gg/EuF4BY6

7 Likes

“Eight days in, and the award for understatement of the year goes to
”

All kidding aside, I had fun with this! Now I want to find and reread my copies of Curse of the Worgen.

Fear the Old Blood.

Just a quick thankyou to all those that attended! I admit I was slightly concerned, not having posted all that far ahead of time, but you were a great crowd, and with good questions afterwards too!

I remembered to assign a guildie with setting out Savage Feasts every now and then, but I completely failed to remember to take screenshots. I have Elephant, so I’ll be pasting or posting a link to a transcript of tonight’s event, probably tomorrow.

These are to be one hour long and once a month, so I don’t become burned out and unable to continue. Even so, I apologize for leaving you all on such a (amazing) cliffhanger, but I am glad to hear people were just that interested in the story. My guild and I are hoping to host another public event a couple weeks from now, open to more participation, but the next one of these “Purity of Essence” events will be - as noted above- planned for February 4th, and will cover part two of the story with the creation and banishment of the worgen.

Edit: Finally got around to getting the event into a google doc, so here we go, if anybody wants to see what they missed or wants to take a peek at the question-and-answer after the event. I usually post these as imgur albums, but completely forgot to take screenshots that night.

Again, thankyou all for coming out and listening on such short notice, and for giving me a good handful of questions to answer afterwards.

tinyurl .com/poe-event-1-4-19

1 Like

Purity of Essence: Monday Feb 4th
Worgen Origins pt2

Ever found yourself curious about our lupine allies, the Worgen? How did the curse start? What does it do? How are feral worgen different? How and why is Elune involved? Find “Redmane” (Raedolf) at the Stormwind Embassy this Monday at 7 bells (7pm pst) to hear the next chapter in the worgen legacy, and have these questions and more answered.

Last week, we covered Goldrinn, the War of the Ancients, the Pack Form, the War of the Satyr, and introduced Ralaar Fangfire and Malfurion Stormrage. This week, hear the final installment of this bloody tragedy, including the birth of the worgen race, Malfurion’s betrayal, and the bloody aftermath.

Who: Raedolf, The Darkwood Pack
What: 1 hour class on worgen history, questions after
When: 7pm pst, Monday Feb 4th
Where: Stormwind Embassy

Get Connected!
WoW Community: E0GezwZiEg
Community Discord: https:// discord.gg/EuF4BY6

1 Like

Trying to be better with the advertisement this time around, for those that like to plan ahead.

This event is to occur tomorrow night (February 4th) at 7pm PST, at the Stormwind Embassy. It will be a one hour long segment on the origin of the worgen via the Scythe of Elune. Food and campfires will be provided for comfort, and questions on worgen lore are welcomed after, regarding the night’s lesson or otherwise.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks for tonight’s event again!

Some photos taken during tonight’s event, for those interested: https://twitter.com/Selenius_M/status/1092665840946708481

Gonna go ahead n’ bump this, since the 4th’s coming up in four days.

This next event will be this Monday night at the Stormwind Embassy, 7pm server time. Raedolf will be moving on to discuss the origins of the Bloodfang Pack, and the return of Alpha Prime. This is one of the bloodier chapters of worgen lore, coming straight out of the Curse of the Worgen comic, the Gilnean starter zone, and the Lord of his Pack short story. Together, the three sources tell a far more complex, and tragic tale.

Again, if you’d like this added to your in-game calendar, use the community invite above. If you’d like to participate in discussion, and receive alerts for upcoming events, you are just as welcome to join the community discord.

1 Like

Tonight at 7! Last update here for the event.

Gonna miss this one? Join the community Discord (link above) to see the transcript and screenshots of tonight’s event, or the ingame community to add next month’s event to your calendar.

Hope to see you there!

1 Like

TONIGHT AT 8

:wolf: Purity of Essence - Velinde Starsong and the Nightbane Pack

Ever been curious about the worgen? Of their origins, of their culture, or of what makes our lupine allies tick? Come out TONIGHT to the Stormwind Embassy at 8pm server time for Purity of Essence, a hour long story telling on worgen history.

This week, we visit the tragedy of Velinde Starsong, kaldorei sentinel and accidental found of the Terrowulf Pack. We follow the Scythe of Elune after her death to Duskwood, and explore the Nightbane Pack and their origins at the hands of the Defias Brotherhood.

Who: Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord
What: 1 hour class on worgen lore
When: TONIGHT at 8pm PST
Where: Just outside the Stormwind Embassy

Alerts will be posted here and in Yell before the event. If you want an invite to the group for a cross-server toon, message Raedolf, or message me over discord.

1 Like

Purity of Essence worgen lore night event starts in 5 minutes, just outside the Stormwind Embassy! Just stop by, or PM me for an invite.

1 Like

It’s about time for another! Coming up this week, the Bloodmoon Pack from the Grizzly Hills.

Curious about our grizzly allies, the Worgen? Join Raedolf outside the Stormwind Embassy May 8th at 8pm for a one hour class on worgen lore. This week, the tragedy of Archmage Arugal and the Bloodmoon Pack. Food provided, questions after.

Want to add this to your in-game calendar so you don’t forget? Join the ingame Community with the link below. You are also invited to join the Worgen by Night discord, for discussion and alerts for this RP event and more.

Join the Discord for discussion, alerts, polls, and more:

Join the In-game Community to add this to your calendar:

1 Like

Made a new poster for this Wednesday’s event!

1 Like

Ever been curious about our grizzly allies, the worgen?
Where did they come from? How many are there? Is it truly a curse?
Visit the Stormwind Embassy this Wednesday at 8 bells, and your questions will be answered.

Introducing WORGEN TRIVIA this week as well! More details coming soon.

1 Like

Looks neat, I will have to figure out which of my Worgen will fit the most and try and bring one by!

Advertisement ingame, check.
Ad on Royal Courier, check.
Post on WrA discord, check.
Thread on the WrA forums, check.
Thread in the RP forums
 check.

Event’s coming up quick, tonight (wednesday) at 8pm PST. See you there!

1 Like

Tonight at 8!

1 Like

How much do you really know about the worgen? Now’s your chance to learn more. Meet me outside the Stormwind Embassy TONIGHT at 8 bells for Purity of Essence, a tale on worgen history. This week, learn the truth behind the mysterious northrend Wolfcult. Come for food, for the tale, for trivia and prizes, and questions after. (Just stop by, or PM me for invite)

Will be starting in 30 minutes!

1 Like

New event TONIGHT at 5pm WrA / 7pm MG

Meet us at the Stormwind Embassy for a lesson on worgen lore. This month, the TRUE story behind the Fall of Gilneas. Come for answers, stay for food, trivia and prizes, questions, and open discussion.

1 Like

20 minutes! Find me at the Stormwind Embassy

1 Like