šŸŽƒ Gilneas Flea Market

Come on come all to see Gilneas come alive before your eyes, and visit the noble city as it was before tragedy struck. Tease the tongue with Gilnean mutton and brandy, let the kingdomā€™s song and dance sweep you off your feet. Wolf down a meal on the go, or step in to the tavern for a bite. See Gilneas transformed for the night, and let your imagination run wild at the Gilneas Flea Market.

- What -

A market type event with a focus on Gilnean culture. Gilnean setting, Gilnean style food, merchants, history lessons, perhaps events and activities like horse shows or tours around Gilneas city, etc. The goal is to create a merchant-festival atmosphere much like a Renaissance Faire or Scottish Faire.

- Who -

Alliance. Sorry horde, you know what you did. Alliance visitors of all kinds.

Especially looking for other individuals and guilds that would like to participate. I will likely be reaching out to any worgen, Gilnean, Kaldorei, and Kul Tiran guilds I see.

Looking for

• :moneybag: Vendors
  • :beer: Barkeep (you know who you are )
  • :musical_note: Entertainers
  • :shield: Guards
  • :scroll: Historians
  • :baguette_bread: Cooks
  • :woman_mage: (Warlocks, for summoning)
  • :beginner: (Guilds for recruiting?)
  • Any other help I can get

- When -

I used to host a similar event seasonally a few years ago, following the solstices and equinoxes like the Gilneans might, considering the Old Ways. Similar events have been hosted monthly as well. Seasonal with the solstices/equinoxes may be the best bet this edition as well, but those also seem to line up with the ingame holidays and thus everyone elseā€™s events. In either case, every-other-month seems most reasonable.

- Where -

Itā€™s Gilnean themed, so Gilnean themed places would be best. This obviously includes places inside Gilneas, like the city itself, keel harbor, Adericā€™s Rpose, Stormglen, Tempest Reach, etc. Though could also be in places like Bradensbrook or Surwhich.

If we do do this according to the solstices/equinoxes, exact location could vary by holiday. Stormglen, or Aderics Repose (the graveyard) and Keel Harbor (the town nearby) can easily be used during Hallowā€™s End, or Adericā€™s Repose for Midsummer due to the giant fire and easy access to the water for swimming.

- How -

I can host most my other event ideas by myself, but this Gilneas Flea Market is founded on collaboration. Who would be interested in helping out with this? I realize also that this is far from a new idea, and if you are planning a similar event you are invited to collaborate with this. I would hope to host the first event by January, but we have much to discuss, Wyrmrest Accord. Who, what, when, where?

Related Projects

ā€” Related Projects ā€”

Wyrmrest Accord

Worldā€™s End Tavern

Story Forum

• Worgen timeline (Coming soon)

Contact Info

Ingame: Raedolf
Btag: Gryoko#1133
Discord: Redmane#1794

< The Wolf Cult > Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/wk34ZsB
< The Wolf Cult > Events Discord: https://discord.gg/EuF4BY6

7 Likes

minor idea here.

If Gilneans were really keen on clapping at their former forsaken tormentors, could add a stipulation that everyone not an orc, forsaken or amani is invited (i.e, the 3 core Eastern Kingdom tormentors until post 8.3 when Tyrande goes mental)

1 Like

ill bring the blight!

i donā€™t want your fleas

1 Like

( Ķ”Ā° ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°) Did someone call?

I love this idea! I rarely chomp at the bit to join in on events but this is right up my alley. I thought about basing a guild around a similar concept a couple years ago. Jac can help if Alliance only (IC convictions) but count me in! Staking my claim now to be at your service if you will have me. I will try where I can to see this come to fruition. :smiley:

3 Likes

There you are!

Any input on ā€œwhenā€? I remember you canā€™t do Sundays, right?

1 Like

At the time it was one of the only days Vadrick was available but his scheduleā€™s been more wonky lately. Iā€™ll tell him about the events though and drag him along if heā€™s online. :slight_smile: Sunday would be a good day. Every other month sounds reasonable as well since this will probably be a larger-scale affair than your average market.

Oh good!

Ordinarily I host events 7-10pm pst, since night shift and night classes keep me late. But both work and campus are closed on Sundays, meaning thatā€™s the day Iā€™d be able to attend/host an event earlier. A lot of the server events on WrA are typically 5-8pm or 6-9pm.

1 Like

That sounds good! Maybe it is just me, but I always tend to find a lull in people with Saturday events anyway. I would likely go with 5-8pm as it is Sunday.

There are plenty of activities Gilneans like to do! Over time, people could partake in a fox hunt with hounds, watch a raven master give a lesson/show, or attend a costume or masquerade ball/gala as a part of the faireā€™s entertainment and games. Fortune telling or a harvest witchery/Old Ways presentation could also work. Roses are a national symbol ā€” perhaps a flower vendor? :rose:

As the night wanes, those bitten could transform, perhaps in a closing ceremony. It isnā€™t technically heritage, but now many citizens equate being Worgen with Gilnean identity. That might more align with your other events though! :slight_smile: Of the natives, there would be something to appeal to all classes upper and lower, the cultured and civil society gentry and yeomen farm folk, old loyalists and rebels alike. Rotating locations would be conducive to different activities, too. Now Iā€™m really inspired and tossing ideas out there. Brainstorming is fun!

This sounds like a lot of fun! I might be able to help out depending on date, time, and how busy finals season gets for me, and Iā€™m definitely interested in participating when it ends up happening.