🌕 {A/H} Purity of Essence - Worgen Lore Night [Event 6/7] 8pm

We’re bringing this event back, this Wednesday at 7pm!

Tonight at 7pm! Find me at the Stormwind Embassy at 7pm for a short hour long presentation on worgen lore. This week, the origin of the worgen. Food provided, questions and trivia after.

2 Likes

Begins in one hour!

:crescent_moon: Purity of Essence :wolf:

Origins, Part 1

:open_book: Story

Mythos

Feel free to make yourselves comfortable ladies and gentlemen, help yourselves to the food and warmth of the fire while we see if more may arrive to listen.

And with that, we shall begin. Take a seat if you will, and join me as we recall the events that lead to the creation of the worgen, over nine thousand years ago.

Now
 where to start
 the beginning, I suppose. Before humans, before elves, before anything you know came to be, there was nature. From nature came the Wild Gods, great beings, the forms of animals but as big as buildings. Ursoc, Ursol, Tortolla, and many others, including the great wolf spirit, Goldrinn.

But they were not alone, the moon goddess Elune watched over them from above. Many trolls worshipped minor wild gods, but some turned to Elune for guidance. These cave trolls found the Well of Eternity, a great font of arcane power through which they spoke to Elune. Their culture formed around Elune and the font, and through it, they steadily grew less troll like in appearance.

Elune named her people Kaldorei, meaning Children of the Stars. Today, in common, we call them Night Elves.

Rise of the Kaldorei

Using this font of power and their connection to Elune, the Kaldorei grew in power, and prospered. Their empire grew, and steadily they usurped the troll empire. As their civilization grew, they turned away from the wild gods, from nature, and from Elune.

Yet even as they did, their queen - Azshara - never sought to conquer Mount Hyjal, the mountain of the wild gods. Even if she and her people had turned from nature, they still knew its power, and feared it.

But
 it was not nature they should have feared, but their own greed.

Unbeknownst to them, Arcane magic is indeed powerful, but at a cost. Such continued use of Arcane made Azeroth visible to foul creatures from the great dark beyond. The demonic horde, The Burning Legion.

Thanks to Azshara and the elves, and their use of arcane, Sargaras found Azeroth. He reached out to Azshara, promising that if she used the well of eternity to summon his demonic armies, he would grant her untold power.

She agreed.

War of the Ancients

Azshara, her right hand elf Xavius, and the other upper class kaldorei used the Well of Eternity to open a gateway, summoning forth legions of demons.

Some elves fought back. Tyrande held fast to Elune, inspiring her people. Illidan lead an army of mages, and later became a monster to fight monsters. Malfurion came before nature, and helped Cenarius rally the Wild Gods.

The Wild Gods descended from Hyjal, Goldrinn included, waging war on the demonic horde, and the elves that had joined them and become Satyr.

There is far more to this story, which I encourage you to explore, but our focus is on the Great Wolf Spirit. Goldrinn fought bravely, leading armies of wolves into battle, defending the elf city now known as Dire Maul, and took down three pit lords and legions of elves.

But ultimately, he died to save Azeroth, paying the ultimate price to save the elves from what they had brought upon the world.

This was ten thousand years ago. At that time, the Vrykul lived in the far north, and they began to bear small, mutated offspring as a result of the Curse of Flesh.

These offspring, we call Humans.

Rise of Druids

But as for the elves, their empire was reduced to rubble, and they lived precariously in the wilds of Ashenvale. Tyrande and Malfurion came to lead them, the latter sharing the ways of the druid to those that would listen.

His disciples adored him, obeying his every whim. Once he had taught them what he knew, they would go on to follow, to worship, the aspect of nature or the Wild God which inspired them the most.

In the words of one of his students, Ralaar Fangfire, “It was a time of innovation, of exploration”. Malfurion taught that a druid had the right to explore every facet of nature.

And that came in handy
 when the remnants of the Burning Legion rallied for revenge.

War of the Satyr

The War of the Ancients ended in favor of the elves, but with the Legion’s defeat, many demons and satyr were left stranded. The Satyr warlord - Xalan the Feared - rallied these demons, and waged war on the elves. The elves attempted to fight back, but it was a struggle.

Some had turned back to Elune, becoming Priestesses of Elune. Some had honed their dexterity and combat prowess to become Sentinels. And thirdly, those druids brought a diverse assortment of skills, each form able to be used in a different way.

But as you might imagine
 tree form and deer form were not the fiercest in battle. It was the followers of Goldrinn, the Druids of the Pack, that tore into the satyr hordes with unbridled ferocity.

Druids of the Pack

Make no mistake, these druids took Pack Form. As a Druid of the Talon turns to Aviana for bird form, these turned to Goldrinn for wolf form.

The Pack Form
 ladies and gentlemen
 was - and is - that of a wolf. Fierce in battle, but
 perhaps a bit too fierce. Like a double edged sword, it must be handled carefully, and there are some unable to handle the raw fury of Goldrinn. Malfurion included.

Malfurion attempted the Pack Form, but lost himself to its rage, attacking his deer-like mentor Cenarious. His pupil Ralaar Fangfire, however, had mastered the pack form.

But there were those that had not, and using the form on the battlefield became dangerous, for enemy and ally alike.

Malfurion's Decree

At one point, Ralaar and his best friend Arvel accompanied three sentinels to assassinate Xalan the Feared. They succeeded, but at a cost. The sentinels abandoned the two druids, who were soon surrounded by dozens of demons.

It was only using the Pack Form that the two druids were able to fight off the demons, but in their escape and in their fury, they injured the sentinels that had left them for dead.

Malfurion was furious. He and Tyrande banned the Pack Form from use, going so far as to demonize Goldrinn by claiming even Elune disproved of Goldrinn.

Ralaar Fangfire and Arvel
 they were loyal to Malfurion. They respected him, trusted him, and thus agreed. As if a warrior trading his sword for a blunt stick, they agreed not to use pack form.

Bloody Consequences

Other Druids, however, would not sit idle while Goldrinn was disrespected, or while they practice - the worship of their god - was made forbidden. The next day, Malfurion found that a dozen or more of his druids had left, disappeared into the forest.

Later, Arvel was ambushed by demons. Trusting Malfurion, he attempted to fight them off with his bare hands, and failed.

It was not until Arvel’s death that Ralaar left as well, seeking the Druids of the Pack that had left before him.

So, to recap, we visited the origin of Azeroth ever so briefly, then the growth of the Kaldorei empire, and the greed that lead to their downfall. We saw the War of the the Ancients that resulted. We recounted the bravery of Goldrinn, and his sacrifice, inspiring druids with his legacy. You saw his form, and heard how difficult it was to control. How Malfurion feared and banned it, and what came of his edict.

And with this, I have now spoken for an hour, and dusk has fallen on Stormwind. I will stop now for trivia and questions, and continue my tale, same place same time in two weeks.

I apologize for leaving you all on such a cliffhanger. But, the tragedy that follows is best covered in an event of its own.

:brain: Trivia

What do the Tauren call Goldrinn?

Lo’gosh

Arugal cursed the village of Pyrewood to turn into worgen at night. What was their pack name?

The Moonrage Pack

:question: Questions

How has Goldrinn's blessing has affected the personalities of those who accept it? Or their judgement?

23:23 [Sylaese]: *How)
23:23 [Raedolf]: Do you speak of the Pack Form, or the Worgen gift?
23:24 [Sylaese]: Both. Either.
23:26 [Raedolf]: permanent change. Those like myself - the worgen - are no longer human. We are part wolf in mind, body, and soul, no matter what appearance we take.
23:26 [Raedolf]: The Pack Form is a druid form, and pulls on the full fury of Goldrinn, flooding the mind with rage for as long as you are in that form. The Worgen form is the perfect balance between man and wolf, created by Elune, but is a
23:28 [Khainer]: (im
 lycan
 your guild
)
23:28 [Raedolf]: (Too late that pun’s on my guild thread :V )
23:28 [WisterĂźa]: (LMAO)
23:28 [Linetabe]: (xD)
23:28 [Khainer]: (damn)
23:28 [Raedolf]: ( “Lycan what you see? The Wolf Cult is recruiting!” )
23:28 [Sylaese]: And how much does that affect the mind? Do you find yourselves ever chasing after a squirrel for no discernable reason?
23:28 [Khainer]: (D:)
23:28 [Sylaese]: (Join this info session on worgen to become an awarewolf!)
23:29 [Waelton]: (Oh my god)
23:29 [Khainer]: (lmao)
23:29 [Raedolf]: In short, yes. The instinct of the predator is never fully at rest. You will find even Genn Greymane relishes the hunt, and hunts with his pack at night. (see Wolfheart)

:spiral_calendar: Next Event

The next event will be Wednesday, Feb 26th, and will continue the story to reveal the origins of the worgen curse, who really created it, and why.

1 Like

Next event is coming up, this Wednesday night at 7pm pst! Come for the tale, stay for the food, trivia, and prizes. Click the link above to add this to your ingame calendar so you don’t forget!

:crescent_moon: {A} Purity of Essence: Worgen Lore Storytelling
Alliance! Ever wondered about our mysterious allies, the worgen? Come to the Embassy tonight at 8 bells to learn the truths of this ancient, bestial race. This week, learn who really created the worgen curse, and why. (Lore event. Food, Trivia, Prizes)

Event tonight! Stormwind Embassy at 8pm!

2 Likes

Neato.

What’s cool is that I was planning on some fun rp adventures with a friend of mine this week. We’ll be visiting Grizzly Hills to talk about the wolfcult that was up there and how mildly it related to the one from Silverpine and Gilneas. Boring history lesson type stuff.

I read your guild post, and I was hoping I’d get to run into some of your guildies IC at some point. So this event looks like a great opportunity for our characters.

Keep it up. :smiley:

Oh cool! Yeah that’s a fun chapter to cover, and depressing. I’ve retold that tragic tale at the Purity of Essence events once or twice now, and I might even have it saved.

Sample

The humans that agreed found themselves earning the worgen curse by the bite, which granted them immunity to undeath. Others were simply granted the worgen polymorph, a spell cast by Arugal. Those that resisted
 however

They that resisted were, secretly, sent to the Scourge. They were slain, raised as undead, and sent to work endlessly in the mines.

This dark truth became known, much too late. To the growing “Bloodmoon Pack”, they saw a means to escape the fate of undeath, by choosing the worgen curse
 or “blessing”
 unaware of their leaders’ true loyalties.

But it was not their unknown loyalty that caused their demise. No
 it was mere prejudice.

It was then that the Alliance arrived in Northrend, taking the fight to the Lich King. In a land foreign to them, the Alliance reached out to these villages, who would help the Alliance as scouts and pathfinders if the Alliance may help them against the Horde.
The alliance would not help them in person, instead sending an adventurous mercenary or two to aid the village of Silverbrooke and more.

There, the alliance mercenary performed several tasks for the Silverbrooke trappers. Hunting, uprooting Wolfsbane, and killing horde among them.

It was during this that the mercenaries met Sasha, one such villager who rebelled against the Wolfcult, and who helped reveal the Silverbrooke villagers as worgen.
The Alliance was appalled. All they had known of worgen in the past was the minions of Arugal, and the terrors of Duskwood. Savage creatures, incapable of human form, much less humanity. Right?

Read More

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PQLa7d5Wn6xCRVx3mV-bdcE2sY7YWkx47hu-SMPHlNs/edit?usp=drivesdk

Looks like this season I’ll be covering the Arugal and the Bloodmoon at 4-22-19. If everything goes according to schedule.

2 Likes

Lore event starts in an hour and a half! Visit the Stormwind Embassy at 8pm PST for tonight’s worgen tale.

Oi! I came for the worgen love night but no one’s around.
Did I miss it, guv?

Real life came up and j had to switch it to 8pm! I did what I could, sending ads in the WrA discord, forum thread, and general chat, and changing the ingame calendar event, but it was all very last minute.

I’ll be posting the tale from last night’s event here soon, so stay tuned!

1 Like

:crescent_moon: Purity of Essence :wolf:

Origins, Part 2:
Alpha Prime and the Druids of the Scythe

:open_book: Story

Introduction

I have had the good fortune to learn not from old parchment, but from word of mouth. From people that were -there-. Well, perhaps I should say not -just- from parchment
 I have here with me a book. A copy of the Purity of Essence, written by the very first worgen.

He holds up the book, and it looks old indeed, but how old exactly was impossible to tell. Scholars among the audience may be able to tell it was of Gilnean print, and the title did indeed read Purity of Essence.

My tale tonight, ladies and gentlemen, takes us back over nine thousand years. Before worgen, and looong before Gilneas.

Recap

At this event two weeks ago, I introduced Goldrinn the wolf god. I told how the kaldorei empire began from trolls, how they paved nature and how their greedy magics attracted the Burning Legion. I told how Goldrinn, and the other Wild Gods, died to defeat the legion, and how the elves were forced to face the remaining demons hundreds of years later.

This was called the War of the Satyr, after the enemy the elves now faced alone. The crippled elven nation was forced to work together, sentinel, priestess, and druid alike. The druids came in all shapes and sizes, worshipping different wild gods in return for their forms. One such was the Druids of the Pack who worship Goldrinn, and take the form of a wolf.
23:19:43 Nualar-WyrmrestAccord doesn’t notice the eyes directed to her. Her own luminescent sight is directed to the speaker - a brow quirked in interest as he told his tale.

23:20:16 Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord , without warning, drops to all fours, and fur soon covers every bit of his skin, overtaking his armor. Just any other druid, his transformation is gradual, and leaves a wolf standing in his place.
23:21:39 Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord , just as quickly as he had, turns away from the crowd, and you can see some kind of internal struggle, as the man inside grapples with the beast. Moments later, he stands once more, picking up that wolf mask and returning it to his face.

This form
 The Pack Form
 was by far the strongest in battle against the satyr. Perhaps too strong. Many, including Malfurion Stormrage, could not control its raw fury. It even got people killed, and he banned it.

His pupil at the time, Ralaar Fangfire, obeyed, reluctantly, as Malfurion even went so far as to borderline demonize Goldrinn. But when -not- using the form got his best friend Arvel killed, Ralaar left Malfurion’s side, in search of the many others who had done the same.

Druids of the Pack

Ralaar found the other Druids of the Pack in a sorry state. They had with them the Fang of Goldrinn, left over from the fallen wolf god’s body. They had obsessed over it, growing addicted to the pack form. He bested each of them one by one, and, once he had, scolded them for their foolishness.

It was then, seeing them, that he realized Malfurion was correct. Although it was the perfect weapon against the Satyr, The Pack Form is far too powerful for any mortal to wield for any long duration. It was said that the moon goddess - Elune - had long wished Goldrinn to master his rage. Perhaps she wold help them to the same? Taking the Fang of Goldrinn, he reached out to a friend, a priestess of Elune named Belysra Starbreeze. If anyone could and would speak to Elune on their behalf, it was her.

The Scythe of Elune

Belysra Starbreeze brought with her the Staff of Elune, and Ralaar brought with him the Fang of Goldrinn. Together, with the Druids of the Pack, they met atop a hill, and turned to Elune for the answer.

And answer she did.

Vines came forth from the ground, holding the Fang and the Staff in place, as moonlight shone down upon those gathered and the objects. When the moonlight dimmed, Ralaar and his Pack found Belysra holding not a staff and a fang, but a Scythe.

To this day, Ralaar and his people call it the Fang of the Father. But to Belysra and her people, it was known as the Scythe of Elune. Ralaar was eager to see Elune’s answer. Another pack form perhaps? He took Pack Form, and came before the Scythe, allowing it to imbue him with Elune’s magics.

The Grand Awakening

And he -screamed-. He howled in pain, yelling that something was wrong. That Goldrinn was rejecting the Moon Goddess. Yet, as his lupine body changed, the shock subsided, and he found himself standing upon two legs, with the power of the wolf coursing through his veins.

Elf form had been too weak, but Pack Form had been too strong. But thanks to the moon goddess - the goddess of balance - he now stood as the perfect balance between. He praised the form, and his followers were eager to follow after him,
Belysra watching as one by one they too took to their wolf forms, and Elune turned them into wolfmen.

Their prayers had been answered. This was exactly the kind of weapon the kaldorei nation needed, if they were to survive the demon onslaught.

But the elves had treated Ralaar and his pack so badly, spoken so ill of the Wolf God they adored, that many cared little about the other elves. A good number of Malfurion’s followers thought the same, and he would notice as many would disappear to join Ralaar in the woods in the following three days. Ralaar who renamed himself Alpha Prime, the first worgen.

Druids of the Scythe

The kaldorei nation gathered that night outside a Satyr stronghold, determined to lay siege, no matter how many casualties it cost them. Malfurion knew that it may take days, even weeks to claim victory, especially with so many of his druids gone missing, but they attacked regardless.

It was then that Alpha Prime and his men arrived. Dozens of ferocious wolfman, with the blessing of Elune and fury of Goldrinn, tore into the satyr horde. On two legs they scaled the battlements, and with claw and fang they ripped the Satyr stronghold to the ground in mere hours. A seige that would have taken perhaps weeks without them.

And what was their thanks? Did Malfurion thank his students for saving so many lives, that night? Did he ask them who had given them such a form?

No. Malfurion was appalled, calling Alpha Prime and his men abominations. Freaks of nature. Even monsters.

Alpha Prime
 had had enough. It was because of THIS man that his best friend - Arvel - died rather than save himself with pack form. It was because of THIS MAN that the elves now regarded Goldrinn - who had died to save them - as a monster to be feared.

Alpha Prime attacked Malfurion. His pack of wolfmen followed after, wolfman and sentinel shedding blood on the very same battlefield of their joined victory.

This was not an accidental friendly-fire, like one might in the Pack Form. This was war. Alpha Prime and his worgen were in their right minds, and fought back. Not unlike the Gilneans that fought back in the Northgate Rebellion.

The War of Three Armies

At this point, the War of the Satyr became a war of three armies. Malfurion lead the elves against demonic satyr and what he saw as the monstrous wolfmen. Alpha Prime lead his packs against the satyr, and what he saw as the traitorous kaldorei. And the Satyr, of course, were basically screwed.
Kaldorei bitten by these “Druids of the Scythe” were seen to become wolfmen as well. But whereas it takes days to turn today, it took mere moments back then, when the Gift was new. It was seeing this, and seeing her friends turning on eachother, that Belysra reached out the Malfurion Stormrage.

Fearing what her friend Ralaar had become, even if it was to avenge her slain lover Arvel, she gave Malfurion Stormrage the Scythe of Elune.

With it, he founded the an order, putting him in charge of all matters of druidism. An order that allowed him to make sure nothing like this would happen again. An order he called The Cenarion Circle. And as his first act, he devised a plan, a clever plot.

Malfurion's Betrayal

He had Belysra send word to Alpha Prime that he was ready to make amends. But when Alpha Prime and his worgen arrived at the meeting place, his true intentions became known. Using the Scythe - which was as connected to Goldrinn and Elune as the worgen themselves - he tore a rift in reality, a rift to the Emerald Dream. He banished the worgen to the Emerald Dream, trapping them there, intending for them to sleep for all time, peaceful. A sentence that
 as it turns out
 was neither peaceful, nor eternal.

But regardless, his former students were no longer in his way. And with them out of the picture, the kaldorei made short work of the Satyr, who had been devastated by the worgen for the last few weeks.

The Nine Thousand Year Dream

Thousands of years pass, and over time, the worgen are forgotten. Alpha Prime and his brothers suffer in the dream, in their slumbering state, which turned out to be eternal torture for beings meant to run and hunt.

Over those thousands of years
 the wolfmen are only seen in the fanciful imaginings of the young, or the folktales of the old. As humanity bloomed, the notion of a wolfman was regarded as a myth. A folktale. A creature humanity called a “worgen”.

It was not until the work of the Archmage Ur, a scholar of the otherworldly, that humanity discovered the truth behind the myth. Or at least
 a glimpse at it. Ur looked into another world, nightmarish and dark, where the worgen made battle with the Lords of the Emerald Flame. Satyr.

Years later
 an Archmage by the name of Arugal will discover this man’s findings. What he does with this knowledge, and why, I will be covering in the next event in two weeks’ time. (You can click here to add this and more to your ingame calendar) [Join: The Wolf Cult Events]

Conclusion

00:10:46 [Aayan-WyrmrestAccord]: “Ack! Right at the good part.”

00:11:24 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: It is -all- the good part. Sadly there is no better stopping point, than at the end of an era, and the beginning of the next.

00:11:26 Baelryn looks at Aayan.

00:11:41 Baelryn claps excitedly for you.

00:11:49 Kaicyre cheers at you.

00:11:50 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord stands up and gives a small bout of applause, “It was entertaining and mostly accurate. I mean, kind of fetishized the guy who ruined Gilneas but I suppose I’ll have to just wait two weeks before you address that, huh?”

00:11:52 Lautner claps excitedly for you.

00:11:59 Silvana claps excitedly for you.

00:12:12 Roseleyne claps excitedly for you.

00:12:18 Berthower-WyrmrestAccord clapped his hands politely, smiling as he leaned back in a stretch.

00:12:20 Aayan-WyrmrestAccord gives some applause.

00:12:27 You bow down graciously.

00:12:45 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The tale of the worgen is a long one, full of anger, betrayal, and tragedy. I mean to do each chapter justice by giving it the attention it deserves.

00:12:58 Baelryn-WyrmrestAccord also stands, paying no attention to the fact that his rear now blocked the large worgan behind him. “Great story, bud. Appreciate it.”

00:13:07 Aayan-WyrmrestAccord gets up and dusts the grass off himself.

00:13:15 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Now, before we all depart, do you all have any questions?

00:13:29 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord raises a hand.

00:13:37 You nod at Lautner.

:brain: Trivia

The First Worgen were sane

Many believe that the original worgen went mad, and “attacked friend and foe alike”. In reality, they were in their right minds. They attacked the elves just like the Defias brotherhood attacked Stormwind, or the Northgate Rebels attacked Gilneas. It was a conscious act of rebellion against the force they believed had wronged them. Read all this and more in Curse of the Worgen.

Tal'doren is not "the wild home"

An elf in the starter zone claims Tal’doren was once home to the druids of the pack. This was never the case. In fact, no elf had ever seen Tal’doren, and were confused when Malfurion spoke of its spiritual counterpart, Daral’nir. The only reason Mal knew of this was because of Cenarious. When Malfurion tried to use the Pack Form, he did not have as much control as Ralaar, and Cenarius took him to Daral’nir to help him. When the Druids of the Pack became worgen, Malfurion used the scythe to banish them to this part of the Emerald Dream. (See quest The Wild Home. See Curse of the Worgen issue 3.)

"Worgen" is a human term, from human mythology

The elves never called Alpha Prime and his men anything, other than abominations. When the human Archmage Ur discovered them in his studies, he claimed that humans had only seen worgen in myths and nightmares, but that they were real. When Alpha Prime is in Gilneas, the humans there refer to him as a worgen, and he accepts the term. Because why not? (See Ur. See Curse of the Worgen issue 1.)

Some worgen woke up on their own

We have evidence that not all worgen stayed asleep the whole nine thousand years. For one, when Ur discovered the worgen “homeworld” (the Emerald Dream they had been banished to) he saw it as a nightmarish place, where the hellish worgen made battle with their eternal enemy, the Lords of the Emerald Flame. Curse of the Worgen then reveals that these are Satyr, who called themselves Lords of the Emerald Flame. Second, there are three “Feral Worgen” NPCs in Val’sharah, who - when cured of the worgen curse by the Balance Druid Adventurer - say that they awoke in the Dream, traveled, and wound up in Val’sharah. Not all the worgen awoke in the Dream, however. When Arugal gets his hands on Ur’s research, he sees the same are in a dormant state, and rouses and summons them. Including Alpha Prime.

:question: Questions

Where did you get that book?

00:13:49 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Yes sir, you with the swords?

00:13:41 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “Where’d you get the book?”

00:14:26 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Ah, the Purity of Essence? It was written by Alpha Prime during his time in Gilneas, and mass produced by his followers. Many copies were distributed and found their way around Gilneas, Duskwood, and beyond.

00:15:34 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The tome includes the full history of the worgen from Alpha Prime’s account, including passages Malfurion’s people have removed from their chronicle. But
 you may yet find one in Gilneas, if you look hard enough. (Also see Curse of the Worgen, by Blizzard and DC Comics!)

00:16:00 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “Mm. So it’s biased reading material, but still an interesting perspective.”

00:17:03 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Aye. But you could say the same about the elf-written material, or the human-written theories. I have read its contents, as well as the others, and confirmed everything it has to say, even with those who were there to see it.

00:17:45 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “Can’t argue with that. And if I somehow stumbled across the diary of Arthas Menethil, I’m sure it too would be interesting.”

00:18:22 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: I have had the pleasure of speaking with Kaldorei Worgen in both the Bloodfang and Nightbane Packs, who were there during the War of the Satyr, some even during the War of the Ancients. And while there are mixed opinions on Alpha Prime, they all agree on who really created the gift.

What do you know about the Duskwood Worgen?

00:18:34 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Yes sir, you in the hood?

00:18:45 [Aayan-WyrmrestAccord]: “You know anything about the Worgen in Duskwood?”

00:19:04 Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord smirks, and gives a nod. “I do.” he answers. “What would you like to know?”

00:19:37 [Aayan-WyrmrestAccord]: “Yeah, how’d them boys get in Duskwood?”
00:20:25 [Aayan-WyrmrestAccord]: "Just asking because not too long ago, I had some rather -fun- experiences with those that stalk the woods.

00:21:02 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The origin of the Nightbane Pack is a chapter all its own, which I will be covering not next event, but the event after. In short
 the Scythe of Elune was hidden away by Malfurion Stormrage, as he sought
00:21:02 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: to hide that the worgen even happened. Elune, however, had other plans. She revealed the Scythe’s location to a Sentinel, Velinde Starsong, in Felwood.

00:21:39 [Aayan-WyrmrestAccord]: “Just asking. Personal beef is all.”

00:22:36 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Using it, she summoned forth some of the banished druids, unleashing their fury upon the demons. But she could not control them
 she journeyed to the Eastern Kingdoms in search of Arugal. But on her way, she died in Duskwood, where the Scythe was then discovered by the Defias Brotherhood.

00:23:58 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Long story short
 which is why I devote a night to telling this
 they happen upon the scythe, and accidentally unleash MORE of the kaldorei worgen upon the world, to Duskwood. There, the worgen make contact with Alpha Prime in Gilneas, and form the Duskwood branch of The Wolf Cult.

00:24:13 [Aayan-WyrmrestAccord]: “Right.”
00:24:22 [Aayan-WyrmrestAccord]: “Wait, aren’t you representing
?”

00:24:52 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Representing what? I’m just a storyteller.
00:25:10 Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord is innocent. Totally.

00:25:17 [Aayan-WyrmrestAccord]: “Right right
something’s just
Hmm.”

Is the Pack Form still possible?

00:24:58 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “This guy’s just representing history in all it’s perspectives. That and a little druidic magicks? Or was that shamanism earlier?”

00:26:09 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Aaah, good question. That was druidism, The Pack Form, granted by worshipping Goldrinn. The Pack Form is banned by the Cenarion Circle - Malfurion’s attempt to control all druidism - but it IS still possible.

00:26:55 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “So that was an authentic transformation earlier. I didn’t know anyone could- Me?”

00:26:20 You raise your eyebrow inquisitively at Lautner.

Is being a worgen really a "Curse?"

00:25:56 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “Bleh, just show up in two weeks from now and learn what a bunch of sh**s the wolf pack were. Cursed an entire nation, plotted with zombies for it’s downfall, all that juicy drama. They got what they deserved, buncha dicks.”

00:26:33 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Good sir, may I ask -you- a question?

00:26:40 You look at Lautner.

00:27:03 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Aye.

00:27:23 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “Yeah. I, too, enjoy reading. I put it right up there next to hunting and running wild and free.”

00:27:28 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “Ask away.”

00:28:16 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Beyond heightened senses
 beyond being able to sense auras
 beyond being able to fight off a score of demons and hunt your own food
 do you know the greatest perk of the worgen “curse”?

00:28:58 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “What?”

00:29:24 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Immunity.

00:29:46 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Do you know, immunity from what?

00:30:17 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord nods once, “I fought in the fourth, I think I know what you’re getting to. Immunity to undeath, yeah?”

00:30:51 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “If we were immune to curses, Drustvar wouldn’t have been so hellish. Remember when I almost ate you?”

00:31:46 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: The Worgen “Curse” is connected to the goddess of balance, and a god of life. One of its greatest perks is that unlike humans, who even become undead if you poke their grave too hard, are immune to the Banshee Queen’s control. Where humans must suffer to see their loved ones raised and mind controlled, worgen have the gift of freedom, even in death.

00:32:38 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: You can call the gift a curse if you would like
 you can claim that the worgen were a curse upon Gilneas
 but the Forsaken were beating at the door. The only reason they got into Gilneas was when the Cataclysm struck, and the coral reef

00:32:38 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: broke, allowing their ships to enter via sea.

00:32:42 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord tilts his head to the side, “Well, I’ve never thought to test the rumors about our immunity. It’s hearsay from my perspective, but I have seen a worgen Death Knight. So
”

00:33:54 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Had Alpha Prime and his Wolf Cult not attacked Gilneas, with the goal of biting as many people as possible, Gilneas would have been pure human by the time the Forsaken arrived. And they would have fallen to Sylvanas, fuel for her

00:33:54 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: undead war machine. Just like those poor Gilneans that remained trapped in Stoneward Prison, only to be used as scrap material for their abominations.

00:34:13 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord wrinkles his nose, "I don’t see my gift as a curse. I see the circumstances around receiving this blessing a massive tragedy, and if he hadn’t already rotted away to nothing, I’d take it out on the Alpha who began transforming Gilneans out of jealousy »

00:34:13 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord » of Malfurion."

00:34:33 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord 's temper rises drastically.

00:35:18 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Curse the worgen responsible all you wish
 but you -are- alive, thanks to them, whether you like it or not.

00:35:19 [Lautner-WyrmrestAccord]: “Gilneas was a proud country. We could have beaten the Forsaken back ten times over if we hadn’t had that spat with the rebels and -then- Alpha’s invasion.”

00:35:23 Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord looks up and around.

00:35:29 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: Next question?

00:36:38 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord 's eyes narrow into slits, his muscles twitching, expanding. His chest swells as he walks away from the drama enciting speaker, just as his form shifts to strain at his fancy duds.

00:40:11 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord wasn’t hearing any of it. In the corner of his mind, a repetitive irritating pulse beat faster and faster. His vision tinged red as his massive clawed fists balled up. For a moment he just stood there, half embaressed to have gotten so mad to the »

00:40:11 Lautner-WyrmrestAccord » point of transformation, half relieved to be back in his natural state. Instead of storming away, he just rocked from heel to paw, the long nails of his toes ripping through the grass.

00:40:29 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: (Before we close for tonight, a couple things! All this and more you can fact check on Wowpedia, or read it for yourself in Curse of the Worgen. And if you’d like to hear more, join the community here for calendar alerts for the next events!

00:40:29 [Raedolf-WyrmrestAccord]: <3 [Join: The Wolf Cult Events] )

:spiral_calendar: Next Event

The next event will be Wednesday, March 11th at 8pm PST, and will continue the story to reveal why exactly Genn Greymane had Alpha Prime and the original worgen released in Gilneas.

Add this event and more to your ingame calendar!

https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/E0GezwZiEg?region=US&faction=Alliance

2 Likes

Lore night was great, thanks for hosting!

1 Like

NEXT EVENT:

:wolf: Genn Greymane and the Bloodfang Pack :wine_glass:

Alliance! Ever wondered about our mysterious allies, the worgen? Come to the Embassy this Wednesday at 8 PM PST to learn the truths of this ancient, bestial race. This week, how and why the curse was released upon Gilneas. A tragic tale of good intentions, attempted slavery, and rebellion.

MARCH 11TH, 8PM PST, STORMWIND EMBASSY

2 Likes

Tonight at 8!

Tonight! Visit the Stormwind Embassy at 8 for tonight’s tale, revisiting the arrival of the first worgen to set foot in Gilneas
 and what really happened.

1 Like

Awoo

/10char

NEXT EVENT:

:wolf: Velinde Starsong and the Terrwolf Pack :deciduous_tree:

Alliance! Ever wondered about our mysterious allies, the worgen? Come to the Embassy this TONIGHT at 7:30PM PST to learn the truths of this ancient, bestial race. This week, learn how the Scythe of Elune was rediscovered after nine thousand years, and the fate that befell its wielder. A tragic tale of justice, envy, faith, and greed.

TONIGHT, 7:30PM PST, STORMWIND EMBASSY

NEXT EVENT:

:wolf: Archmage Arugal and the Bloodmoon Pack :bear:

Alliance! Ever wondered about our mysterious allies, the worgen? Come to the Embassy this Sunday at 7:30PM PST to learn the truths of this ancient, bestial race. This week, learn how the Northrend worgen came to be, and what fate befell them at the hands of the Alliance. A tale of desperation, secrets, prejudice, and blood.

APRIL 12th, 7:30PM PST, STORMWIND EMBASSY

Happy easter everyone, He is risen!

Event is tonight! Visit the Stormwind Embassy at 7:30 for a retelling of this week’s chapter of worgen lore, the Bloodmoon Pack of Northrend!

2 Likes