A simple void elf request

Ah, I thought it might be… lol it didn’t make sense otherwise.

My opposition isn’t the antis in general, I’m sure there are many antis who are happy with the fact that high elves aren’t playable.

What I’m saying is I oppose people who want to limit someone’s choice of hair color, yes. Does that make me or you a bad person? No.
Does it mean your constant denigrating of people who want to choose their haircolor is necessary? No.

You can stop playing the victim game now.

Would you prefer I referred to your group as the squad? friends? How can I not hurt your feelings.

It does come as a surprise to me that your choose a hair color as your hill to die on instead of actually making suggestions, yes. At this rate I doubt blood elves will ever get anything.

That’s fine in practice, that’s not what people are doing. I can agree to disagree, but I draw the line at the “LOL GET OUT WITH UR AGENDA UR HAIR COLOR OFFENDS ME” randomness.

I’ve never dismissed people over wanting something for blood elves, or any race.

Yes I have been dismissive towards the “I don’t want YOU to have something that has no effect on me because of MY feelings” for pretty obvious reasons. This kind of ideology is is what the anti-haircolorists stand behind.

1 Like

Wanting hair colors that takes the last of visual distinction away from BEs doesn’t make you a good person, you aren’t automatically on the good side and everyone else is bad. Full stop.

2 Likes

This is a perfect example of a natural hair colour that blood elves don’t get.

Does it make the void elf look exactly like the blood elf? No. If you say it does, you’re lying to suit your side.

Does it make the void elf look more similar to the blood elf? Yes. If you say it doesn’t, you’re lying to suit your side.

Going against facts to suit one’s side is pointless.

I consider myself neutral on this specific point because while I do want natural hair colours for void elves, I also concede it would make them look more similar to blood elves.

6 Likes

It’s worth noting that when Vereesa and the Blood elf ranger Orestes travel through the portal to find Alleria, Vereesa speaks of him as a well-known friend, stating that he’s “Always been headstrong” while then referring to him as her ally. When they find him he’s fatally wounded, and Vereesa becomes emotional, desperately calling out his name before he dies. After having passed, Vereesa stands over him and speaks “Rest in the light, Orestes.” Something she would never say to a Blood elf magister.

It’s clear their problem isn’t with the “Blood elves” as a whole, but rather the partisan group of magisters that are the ruling majority in Quel’thalas. This is why she gets along so well with the Farstriders, because they too condemn the magister’s methods.

5 Likes

If a hair color is the last distinction then this should be telling about how desperately blood elves need more options, not about how some random persons current disheveled hair being brown will upset you.

4 Likes

I was bummed that they killed Orestes.

I wouldn’t have minded seeing more of the guy.

4 Likes

I think it’s a mix of dislike for the Magisters, and for the Horde.

If I had to guess, I’d say part of their dislike of the Magisters comes from them viewing the Magisters as responsible for Quel’Thalas joining the Horde.

1 Like

Giving Blood elves more options isn’t a reason for Void elves to take more from them than they already have, that’s the point. Void elves an allied race who’s inclusion is based on their “theme” separating them from modern thalassian elves.

Sorry but you’re stuck with your blueberry tentecle hair because that distinction is the reason you even got a thalassian model in the first place.

5 Likes

I’m not so sure, I haven’t seen Vereesa say anything particularly “hateful” toward Horde members, heck she’s even polite with Vol’jin when she comes to assist Halduron, when the mere sight of Rommath made her want to draw her bow and shoot at him. I’m not saying she’s a fan of the horde, but I think the source of her contention lies mostly with the Magisters.

I also think the personal grudge between her and Lor’themar has to do with her being upset with him for allowing the Magisters to rule the city.

2 Likes

I’d like to see some more elaboration on their relationship. More specifically what caused her to become fractured from the Blood Elves, and Lor’themar.

It could make for an interesting tale.

I think her brother (a blood elf magister) kidnapped her kids in hopes of experimenting on them with the belief that a half elf would contain tremendous magical power. Then the magisters imprisoned a Naaru, forcibly mind-controlled citizens, tought the people of Quel’thalas to siphon magic from living creatures.

All of these things must’ve eventually led to Vereesa’s distrust in them, and was likely outraged to learn that Lor’themar (a former Farstrider) could ever condone their actions.

2 Likes

Ah, interesting. That certainly explains her animosity towards the Magisters.

Wait, this was in Night of the Dragon right?

It’s been so long since I read that, I think I forgot.

Thanks for reminding me. :smiley:

2 Likes

More can be done for Blood Elves and the hair being a visual distinction can still be kept in place.

On the flip side more can be done for Void Elves and it be Void in origin and the hair distinction can be kept in place.

Asking more for Blood Elves doesn’t give a free pass to the continued efforts of making Void Elves fit the HE agenda.

See how that works?

3 Likes

I think we need to stop the tis for tat conversation and insulting and start to come up with a middle ground for what both sides can tolerate.

Half elves us an idea, or model toggling lfd to other races are examples for true compromises. I am sure you guys can come up with more without taking from BE or hurting VE’s more.

1 Like

Unless they are part of our gaming population how is this even relevant? I mean honestly, what is your point if you have one, if not don’t waste any more of my time.

You are a prime example of someone making a big thing out of someone else being different and thinking differently, sorry you don’t agree with how I feel or what I think but I don’t really care. Sorry not sorry.

Also, I was going to tack this onto my post just now but I didn’t want you think I was directing it at you but since I can actually see that character and it’s cute. :wink: :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

If it’s so insignificant, let them have it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They don’t need it.

Yes I love him, I’ve never done a melee class in wow but I love the rogue transmogs and class fantasy for a BE rogue especially. Let me stab things from behind in these cute little outfits that I’ve yet to collect, although to be fair the class still confuses me. Also might change his eye color to a darker blue like that one dark blue idk idk.

3 Likes