A simple void elf request

You know if you’re not having fun in these threads, you could just take a break from them.

4 Likes

Noted, it’s a good thing I’m having fun then. I appreciate your concern though :wink:

2 Likes

You going to recognize that folk have been giving blood elf options?

You keep side stepping it whenever people point it out.

1 Like

I have to be honest I also consider it a small victory that distinction is still held in place. Obviously it holds some import to Blizzard but this idea of “oh they don’t even ask for anything for BEs” there may be some people who at the bare minimum just want what visual distinction we have left to stay in place and that is okay those people are valid, and that is also a request.

This idea that because it opposes the HE request that it equates evil or invalid is beyond silly.

1 Like

I pointed out that the actual focus on blood elf options as well as nightborne is extremely poor compared to the fuss over hair colors (or any topic that relates to void elves really). What else do you want?

2 Likes

It’d be nice if you didn’t misconstue it the way you just did.

Do you want them to plaster it here too?

Link it in every post?

Cezol would demand we were spamming.

The horror.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the HE fans say the same things over and over too so I guess it’s a touché thing in that case.

2 Likes

No, it’s pretty clear that there’s very little talk about actual blood elf and nightborne customization in comparison to the constant bickering over void elves that takes place in every single thread.
That’s what I’m pointing out.

You say it’s initiated by pro-helf fans, I say that’s untrue, you can easily see this just by looking at the post count which is pretty much all the same 5 antis.

3 Likes

Then it is very clear you dismiss the fact value on visual distinction is a request, one which is being kept in place as Blood Elves aren’t hurting for natural hair colors.

3 Likes

why does it surprise you that alliance asking to turn void elves into blood elves is a controversial discussion

6 Likes

It’s almost like people have differing opinions on whether or not Void Elves should get those hair colors or something.

Most everyone agrees about Nightborne.

And as I’ve said opinions on blood elf options tend to be mixed. Everyone wants more for them but there is no agreed upon direction for where everyone wants them to go, nor on what makes adequate appropriate sense for them.

Interestingly one of the more agreed upon blood elf customization requests is to not lose what little they have left.

But many pros refuse to accept that many feel that way.

Then pros dismiss it as “anti” or “trolling”.

4 Likes

Absolutely nothing is being “lost”.

No one is asking for blood elves to lose their hair colors. I’m even against them sharing the identical hair colors, void elves could just receive a few of the human colors.

To which you say “but they look the same!”.

Okay, but if blood elves being distinguishable really leans on something as fragile as a hair color, perhaps it’s time you look at the bigger issue instead of yelling at people that want to change their hair lmao.

I don’t think anyone would dismiss blood elf suggestions as anti or trolling, I don’t see why anyone would do this.

3 Likes

Depends on the thread. This is a VE thread. They clearly have a thread to cover BE options, as it was recently linked (but pretty dead, which is amusing). I’m sure there are NB threads knocking about, or one could be created.

3 Likes

That thread is about both BE and VE options. Maybe it wouldn’t be dead if people posted about VE there instead of making a million new threads.

6 Likes

I think we shouldn’t call them “pros”. They’re very clearly Anti-Belf.

3 Likes

At the risk of going in another circle…

Blizzard has put blood elves in that position.

They shared all their assets that set them apart to void elves.

The only thing blizzard has left them is hair color.

People will cling to that because they love their toons.

Blizzard saying there will be no further customization doesn’t help the feeling for blood elf players that they’ve lost most of their identity.

Especially when, as I pointed out, there isn’t a strong consensus on what blood elf players want to see for blood elves.

Dark Rangers are cool but Forsaken, San’layn are amazing but wouldn’t match classes and racials, and becoming lightforged light but elfy doesn’t appeal to everyone…

Then there’s my camp.

I want void to be the void elves thing, not knockoff high elves.

You just dismissed it in this same post.

Perhaps that wasn’t your intention but it certaintly looks like it.

Void and blood are kinda linked so I’m not surprised everyone gravitates to the most active recent thread.

While we tried hard to keep it to one thread pros widely kept making new threads… Thus we all shift.

This is an interesting one because everyone agrees with issues and mostly on what they want…

So those threads just kinda peeter out.

There’s too much concensus. Lol

2 Likes

aS fRaGiLe As HaIrCOlOr…

Meanwhile the “high” elf identity hinges entirely on something aS fRaGiLe As HaIrCOlOr. If it’s really not that important then “high” elf fans should be able to survive without it. :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

While turnabout is fair play with them calling anyone with a different view “antis” I’d rather refrain from falling to that level.

Fair in point if not antagonizingly said.

Hair Color is important to both sides and its important that people accept that.

3 Likes

It’s my opinion that the high road is overrated and never gets anyone anywhere…

The end goal of making VEs look like BEs of course the topic of BEs would come up.

But it does explain why maybe we don’t sit around making this a BE thread past reasonings for dissent.

1 Like