[A/RP] <Templars of the Rose> Recruiting

Bump.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join the Templar family. No prior roleplay experience required, so if you're looking to get into roleplay for the first time, feel free to whisper myself, Arialynn, Koryander, or Sielic, and we'll get you started on the right path.
I rejoined WoW after WOD hiatus and I've been playing since Vanilla. I've been told that Earthen Ring Rp has died, but then I found your thread and hoped it was true since I need a home for my Dwarf and Worgen. I checked out your website, but alas, it says you aren't accepting applications. Any news on when you will open them again?
10/21/2016 08:02 AMPosted by Unhala
I rejoined WoW after WOD hiatus and I've been playing since Vanilla. I've been told that Earthen Ring Rp has died, but then I found your thread and hoped it was true since I need a home for my Dwarf and Worgen. I checked out your website, but alas, it says you aren't accepting applications. Any news on when you will open them again?

Hey there! Welcome back to the game. ER is smaller than it used to be but spirited. As for recruitment, we took in a lot of applications over the summer and at Legion launch and needed a chance to catch up. We're planning on re-opening recruitment again come the beginning of November.

That said, don't hesitate to come hang with us in game. Wednesday nights are our guild RP nights where we either do storyline things or just hang. The exception is the last Wednesday of each month when we have our OOC guild meeting (this coming Wednesday, actually!). But also just poking people in the game and seeing what RP is about is good, too.

More info about Wednesdays:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1074268520#post-2

Will keep you posted about recruitment!
/bump

After a brief recruitment break, recruitment is open once again. Apply at templarsoftherose.net.
Had a lot of fun doing Mythic BRH and Vault with you guys last night. A+ would heal again.

<3 ))
/bump

Happy Holidays and end-of-year celebrations, all. This was nearing the second page so giving it a little bump. We're having a great time in Legion and invite any and all roleplayers to join us. Head to templarsoftherose.net for more info.
Happy New Year, all! 2017 is already shaping up to be a great year for Earthen Ring.
/bump, OP updated. Looking forward to meeting new folks.
We're still open and eager for fresh recruits that are interested in joining the front line fight against the Legion.

Azeroth needs you now more than ever.
Yes, we can use more Alliance that can throw themselves at the Legion. Your... sacrifices are greatly appreciated.
05/21/2017 12:01 PMPosted by Isadha
Yes, we can use more Alliance that can throw themselves at the Legion. Your... sacrifices are greatly appreciated.

new phone who this
/bump, active Tuesday and Thursday nights with plot and public RP events, along with plenty of pick-up RP in between.
/bump up to the top.
Hey, all. Getting this guy back on the front page. This Fall, Templars of the Rose celebrated its 10th anniversary and we moved to a new site. We're looking forward to raiding Antorus this coming week and have been having a blast with guild storylines the recent uptick of server RP events.

We're also always looking for new potential guildies. If you like the OP and what we're about, check us out at https://trg.network/ or PM one of us ingame.

See you on Earthen Ring.
Hello! Do you have any idea yet what your guild story (or the general direction) will be for BfA? I'm an old Horde player starting to level up some Alliance characters (since 7.3.5 lets me actually experience the story content now) and I'm looking for some good folks to fall in with for all that is to come. I like the guilds that have their own stories and aren't just Alliance/Horde/specific-race patriots (and TotR appears to be one with its own story).
Hey there, Gottrik! So we've given this some thought already, though if it sounds like I'm a bit vague, it's because we don't want to scope out the guild storyline too much just yet because we like RP to take its course. I'm also being careful of spoilers in case someone wanders in this thread and stumbles on it.

In the past, when expansions returned to the tried-and-true Alliance vs. Horde format, TotR focused on diplomacy between the warring factions and, if/when that failed, focus on civilian areas that were either ravaged or neglected by the war between greater powers. A great example is Westfall, which endured drought and bandits while the soldiers were away, or Pandaria, which was ravaged by foreign powers hell bent on exploiting its resources.

In addition to that, TotR always kept itself ready for an outside threat to attack Azeroth when the Horde and Alliance were at their most divided. For instance, Cataclysm saw renewed A vs. H, but Templars of the Rose pursued the rekindled Twilight's Hammer threat that infiltrated all corners of society.

There was an exception with the fall of Theramore years back, where Templars did throw themselves headlong into the Alliance-Horde war. Theramore was their original base of operations when we founded as a guild in 2007, so we dove into a storyline on how they couldn't quite stay neutral after the ground was literally blown up beneath their feet. They declared war on Garrosh Hellscream and pursued him until he was ousted as warchief, allying themselves with the Horde rebels and running supplies to them. Once Vol'jin took over, Templars left the Horde to rebuild itself.

We're planning for iterations of this but with a BfA twist. That, and with the Horde being led by Sylvanas, who has a long history of attacking neutral nations (Gilneas) and using the plague to boot, Templars may once again find itself at-odds with the Horde warchief. In comparison to Garrosh though, Sylvanas is more popular (for now), which will complicate matters. I'm looking forward to traversing this unsteady ground and see where BfA goes.

Hope that helps! I know it wasn't a specific outline, but hopefully what we've done in the past plus hints of where we see BfA going gives you a good idea. We like to RP complex characters navigating an even more complex world, where allegiances change quickly. It makes good fodder for RP!
That's actually much more than I expected! I'm glad to see your guild is still planning for an active future.

I have several characters that I'm leveling up now, including this one. I don't really want to jump into anything yet as I'm still not up to speed on general Alliance storylines; I haven't gotten an Alliance character past level 40 since early TBC. I did boost a human paladin to 100, but I stopped playing him at around 103-104 after I realized I had no idea who half the npc's were that I was interacting with. I'll get back to leveling him later as well.

I really like the sound of your guild story, and I think you guys fill a glaring hole in the more general game story, namely that someone needs to stick to that whole defending-the-defenseless bit while the armies are all out at the front fighting each other.

And "Warchief" Sylvanas is one of the reasons I've started dabbling on the blue side :) Despite playing pretty much Horde exclusive since TBC, I've never been a fan of the Forsaken aesthetic. I just struggle to get interested in their story, so it's time I experience some new stories.
Awesome! Yeah, you're not the only one. Sylvanas has been divisive from the beginning. The Alliance storyline has become infinitely more interesting over the years, so there's good fodder to work with.

Check us out at https://trg.network/ and see if you like it. You can see upcoming events, what we're up to, journals etc. Basically everything is there along with a #welcome-channel Discord invite!
Bumping for a genuinely awesome group of people.
Bumping because the Void told me to.

And I love Templars.