[A/RP] <Templars of the Rose> Recruiting

Update 11/27/2017
----

Hey there, roleplayers!

Templars of the Rose is an RP-PvE guild that founded October 3, 2007. We became a multi-game guild in 2013 and play in Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, Secret World: Legends, Destiny 2, Pathfinder, Minecraft, Overwatch, Conan Exiles, and more.

We're primarily Alliance but have a sister Horde guild, Blood of the Rose, that's full of alts and advances our WoW storyline. We love all things WoW, starting with roleplay and a dash of raiding on the side.

Out-of-Character: About Us
Templars is a close-knit circle of folks from all walks of life. Ages range from 22 - 60+ and roleplay/gaming experience ranges from beginner to veteran. We take all roleplay experience types and love to train new roleplayers.

Other Games
Since WoW isn't the all-you-can-eat game buffet these days, if you're ever feeling WoW burnt out, there's no need to say goodbye to good guildmates. You can hop to another game for a little while and already have a starting point of faces you know!

Interested In Joining?
I invite you register and apply on our website, TRGNetwork (The Rose Gaming Network) at https://trg.network.

To see the group you're joining, see us in action in our former home of Theramore:
  • http://youtu.be/71Jf9G9SCEM

Contact
If you have any questions, toss a whisper to any online member or reply to this thread. Below are the main contact persons.

Contacts
Arialynn (GM)
Jarrick (Raid Lead)
Sielic (Recruitment)
Zenruid (Roleplay)

In-Character: The Story Thus Far
Till Mists of Pandaria, the Rose was neutral toward the Horde-Alliance war, instead rallying against world-ending causes such as the Burning Legion, Scourge, and other global threats. However, with the rise of Garrosh Hellscream and destruction of Theramore (where the Rose's primary operations were based), the Templars declared war to oust him as warchief. Since the younger Hellscream's fall, the Rose has again distanced itself from Alliance and Horde skirmishes and found a new home in the Howling Fjord, Northrend. It now rises to battle against the Burning Legion's tide in the Broken Isles and rally any others to the cause. The Templars are battle-hardened warriors and specialize in front-line wars.

Also neutral, its sister-side Horde guild, Blood of the Rose found itself at odds with Garrosh Hellscream's aggressive anti-Alliance stances. The order was forced into hiding to avoid Hellscream's Kor'kron agents rooting out dissent, but many of its members were hunted down during Hellscream's regime. The survivors aligned themselves with the Darkspear Rebellion led by Vol'jin to oust Hellscream. Even more fell. Following this dark time, the Bloods have been rising from war's ashes and laying the foundation of a renewed order. Bonds have been rekindled with its Allianceside sister order and the Bloods also rise to combat the Legion in the Isles.

Raiding
We raid with a dedicated in-house team of raiding roleplayers we trained back in Cataclysm. We incorporate raiding into the overarching guild storyline. Our progression raiding ("Black Watch") is weekly on Wednesday nights. A casual alt raid runs bi-weekly on Saturday afternoons.

We have dedicated Mythic+ dungeon teams and regularly push Mythic 11-12 content.

WoW Insider Featured Articles
Our guild was featured in WoW Insider's 15 Minutes of Fame in 2010, 2012, and 2013:
  • http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/07/20/15-minutes-of-fame-herding-roleplayers-with-a-feather
  • http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/10/where-are-they-now-the-wow-personalities-of-2010-and-201
  • http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/12/26/15-minutes-of-fame-where-are-they-now-wow-personalities-2008

Podcast
Two members also host a WoW Lore and RP-centric podcast called Lorecast. We invite roleplayers to listen as a resource, source of fun host banter, and general fun. Check us out at:

https://trg.network/about-the-lorecast/
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16352885409
Huzzah!
* graffiti's Arialynn is a robot on a wall, then runs*
Do you mean "The Rose" as something separate from the guild, or do you mean the guild? Because I know you guys have been around longer than 2 months :P
12/08/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Frostea
Do you mean "The Rose" as something separate from the guild, or do you mean the guild? Because I know you guys have been around longer than 2 months :P

Two months? Wow, five years has gone by quickly. :P

I fell into the habit of saying the Rose for shorthand, but in roleplay, the Rose refers to the more diplomatic parts, the Templars the military parts. I'd use ToR, but then folks would be really confused.

On that note, playing a Smuggler in ToR was fun. I wish the game didn't utterly implode.
12/08/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Arialynn

Two months? Wow, five years has gone by quickly. :P

I fell into the habit of saying the Rose for shorthand, but in roleplay, the Rose refers to the more diplomatic parts, the Templars the military parts. I'd use ToR, but then folks would be really confused.

On that note, playing a Smuggler in ToR was fun. I wish the game didn't utterly implode.

In your main post you said it was founded in 2012!
12/09/2012 02:52 AMPosted by Frostea
In your main post you said it was founded in 2012!

Well, I feel sheepish!

Fixed. Thanks, Frostea.
bump for my templar buddies <3
bump for my templar buddies <3

Thanks, Noctre.

Just a heads up to folks that we're continuing full swing in Pandaria roleplay, so if folks want to kick sha or Horde butt, there are plenty of butts to kick.
I totally want to roll a character and play with y'all. I just have such a hard time coming up with something. :<
I totally want to roll a character and play with y'all. I just have such a hard time coming up with something. :<

Hey, whenever in doubt, ask. (:
*Has character now, headbutts at recruitment*
01/14/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Snowihakayda
*Has character now, headbutts at recruitment*

Your headbutts worked, recruitment is open!

In truth, Mosur the Magnificent has been working overtime to help update the recruitment process, and all that work tied up today. Head to our website for details. Please give Mosur hugs.
Yay headbutts! I'll get around to posting one tomorrow or sometime this week, due to classes starting.
/bump
I am new to the game (well returning player from even before BC, starting fresh) and you seem like what I am looking for. You have a pretty hefty recruitment process though. I guess I will talk to you again when I am level 30 :(
I am new to the game (well returning player from even before BC, starting fresh) and you seem like what I am looking for. You have a pretty hefty recruitment process though. I guess I will talk to you again when I am level 30 :(

Welcome back! Also: talk to us anytime. RP events are open and we can summon. Templars level alts as well, so feel free to whisper a level 30 and below Templar alt and go dungeoning together. No need to wait till you are level 30.
04/27/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Arialynn

Welcome back! Also: talk to us anytime. RP events are open and we can summon. Templars level alts as well, so feel free to whisper a level 30 and below Templar alt and go dungeoning together. No need to wait till you are level 30.

Ooohh OK. Sounds like a plan. I noticed that the server chat is very quiet, at least in the Stormwind area. No one ever seems to talk. I asked in chat about RP guilds and was told there was very little RP on this server - but I am not buying that.

There was also someone very kind enough to make some bags for me. Everyone on the server has been really nice so far.

I will try and hit up some members of the Rose who are alting under 30. Are any of you on the Earthen Ring RP website? I talked to some people on there about my backstory, and they too were a huge help and had some great ideas.

Really looking forward to getting to know some more people and doing some more social things. That is kind of why I came back to WOW because I remember it was always VERY social, more so than any of the other MMOs i've played since. I hope I can find that again.

Ooohh OK. Sounds like a plan. I noticed that the server chat is very quiet, at least in the Stormwind area. No one ever seems to talk. I asked in chat about RP guilds and was told there was very little RP on this server - but I am not buying that.

There was also someone very kind enough to make some bags for me. Everyone on the server has been really nice so far.

I will try and hit up some members of the Rose who are alting under 30. Are any of you on the Earthen Ring RP website? I talked to some people on there about my backstory, and they too were a huge help and had some great ideas.

Really looking forward to getting to know some more people and doing some more social things. That is kind of why I came back to WOW because I remember it was always VERY social, more so than any of the other MMOs i've played since. I hope I can find that again.

We're here, we just don't tend to frequent Trade chat or hang in Stormwind as much as in the past. Many individuals and guilds roleplay regularly, but it takes place outside Stormwind due to the war occurring in Pandaria. The story shifts to where the trouble is, so to speak.

That said, there are major efforts to start up more spontaneous roleplay in Stormwind these days. To join in on that, join /forthealliance and talk to the folks in there. You can spark your own roleplay as well as ask if there is current roleplay to join in on. It's the community roleplay channel that was created for that purpose, along with OOC mingling and shenanigans. Just keep it PG-13 and swearing to a minimum, since there are occasionally kids in that channel.

The Templars are on the ERN, so don't hesitate to create an account and tap into current events. The ERN has been a good way to post events and storylines for general awareness as well as to help event organizers spread the word and find volunteers. Players also post prose or character journals and receive feedback from friends and even complete strangers. Add that to fan art as well, and it's a good niche on the Internet.

But just know that written roleplay on the ERN will either be a) stand-alone prose from the game or b) prose in reaction to what goes on ingame. So if you want real-time roleplay, check out the posted ERN events as well as ask people on the ERN/FTA where they're hanging out these days. Also, don't be afraid to get people together and start something yourself, roleplay can come from anyone and a server is only made better if roleplay is pouring out of its ears.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up with a whisper anytime ingame.
/bump

Updating the OP and bumping this thread for the new year.

As a note, TotR is transitioning over to a new guild site and till we're all done with moving, recruitment is closed (we don't want to lose applications in the shuffle). But in the meantime, we invite all interested folks to join us in the game for fun and roleplay. Toss any online Templar a whisper if you're interested.