[A/RP/PvE/PvP] Templars of the Rose Recruiting (Archived)

After long consideration and many years waiting for a merge, we’ve transferred to a more populated server. It’s been a great 13 years. We love and will miss you, Earthen Ring. Thread is archived.

Updated 2021-03-25T04:00:00Z

(Archived Thread Below)

Summary

Hey there, Earthen Ring!

Templars of the Rose is an RP-PvE guild founded October 3, 2007. We became a multi-game guild in 2013 and play a variety of other games together, our largest presences being WoW, Guild Wars 2 and 5 ongoing tabletop campaigns. In WoW, we’re primarily Alliance but have a sister Horde guild, Blood of the Rose , for alts. We love WoW roleplay with a dash of Normal/Heroic raiding.

Out-of-Character: About Us
Templars is a wide circle of roleplayers and PvErs from all walks of life. We welcome all roleplay experience types and love to teach people the ropes. We accept non-roleplayers on the condition that they’re chill with roleplay and support it for the guild and server as a whole. Our #1 rule is don’t be a jerk.

Other Games
If you’re ever feeling WoW burnout but don’t want to leave your guild behind, there’s no need to say goodbye. You can hop to another game for a little while and already have a starting point of faces you know.

Interested In Joining?
Whisper anyone in game or reply to this thread. We will extend a Discord invite and go from there. Note that you will need to fill an application on our website to fully join.

For more info about us and to read some of our IC journal writing, check us out at:
https://trg.network

See us in action at our old IC home of Theramore before Garrosh was a butt:
https://youtu.be/71Jf9G9SCEM

Contact
Just so you know who’s who inside the game:

Contacts
Arialynn (GM) - Shadowlands main alt is Claret
Jarrick (Raid Lead)
Sielic (Recruitment)
Aunne (Roleplay)

Roleplay
Templars of the Rose is an order of soldiers, scholars, healers, and diplomats, united with the purpose of battling the universal threats to Azeroth and its peoples. Our weekly roleplay gathering night is Thursdays.

[A/RP] Weekly RP Gatherings, Thurs 8 PM Server (EST) Time (Archived) - #2 by Jarrick-earthen-ring

Raiding
We raid with a dedicated in-house team of raiding roleplayers we trained back in Cataclysm. Raiding is part of our overarching guild storyline. Our progression raiding (“Black Watch”) is once weekly on Wednesday nights.

WoW Insider Featured Articles
Our guild was featured in WoW Insider’s 15 Minutes of Fame in 2010, 2012, and 2013:

• http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/07/20/15-minutes-of-fame-herding-roleplayers-with-a-feather
  • http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/10/where-are-they-now-the-wow-personalities-of-2010-and-2011
  • http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/12/26/15-minutes-of-fame-where-are-they-now-wow-personalities-2008

(Made a new thread because old reliable post from 2012 is not longer editable.)

[A/RP] <Templars of the Rose> Recruiting

2 Likes

If you need a great guild to call home, come check us out! Feel free to contact me in-game if you’re interested in learning more about who we are as a community.

1 Like

You responded to my post earlier I might as well respond to yours. Seems only fair.

Roleplaying is not my primary objective - I did it a lot years ago but back then roleplaying often took place in guild chat while one could also do other things like craft or adventure. I find hour after hour sitting in a bar exchanging emotes a lot less to my taste than acting in character while chatting. While not my primary goal I can and will do some in a roleplaying guild.

But I also want a guild that shares some attributes of a regular guild. People talking about OOC things as well as IC things for example. Some grouping with guildmates to gain experience or faction or desired items not just to pursue a story line.

Might Templars of the Rose be a good fit? Nice guild name I still have a great fondness for the White Rose of Black Company literary fame. My mage would be named Dorotea after the White Rose’s primary enemy but, alas, the name was taken.

We’re a roleplay guild above all else, but we’re also a very social guild. Outside of roleplay we enjoy raiding, Mythic +, regular dungeons, and leveling. Our community also stretches into other games, such as Guild Wars 2, SWToR, FFXIV, and games like Minecraft.

If this sounds appealing, let me know and I can get you a Discord invite to start the application process.

2 Likes

lifts a thread Great people here! Unless Jarrick deciding to triple pull Mythic + mob groups isn’t great.

1 Like

warrior things, lmao

1 Like

Good crap, yes. His M+ pulls are legendary and I have the screaming healing logs and tears to prove it.

We love him anyway. World’s most motivational YOU CAN DO IT Raid Leader ever. 10/10 would be the dad to toss his child into the deep end to learn to swim.

2 Likes

Aw, shucks.

/axehug

2 Likes

Jarrick has great cleavage, he can AOE harder than Saurfang.

1 Like

Eyebrow waggle :smirk:

1 Like

Bumping for a great crew to enter the Shadowlands with!

1 Like

Hello,
I remember your guild. My guild, order of avalon then house of avalon now ashes of avalon. We ran with a few of you wayyyyy back when lol.
Sadly our attempt to save avalon may not be working. Myself and maybe others might be looking for a new guild to call home. Stahlker is no longer my main but posting under him incase anyone remembers me.
Look forward to talking to you
Thank you

2 Likes

Happy New Year, Earthen Ring. Here’s what’s going on.

Raid nights on Wednesdays, RP nights on Thursdays, ongoing guild RP storyline and casual RP, we have a freshly dedicated PvP crew starting up RGBs on Saturdays, and outside of WoW, we play a couple of other MMOs and host a few tabletop campaigns.

If you want to join up with a crew that’s been about since 2007 that dabbles in all aspects of WoW, and has branches in a few other places when you need a break, hit up any Templar tag in the game.

1 Like

I have browsed over your thread… looking for the name of the server that you are on now? I have been taking a long needed break from WOW… never thought I would ever come to that point. [ I have been enjoying Star trek on Line]-- my daughter Amber is hoping to make a come back to WOW sometime in the future-- I may dabble a bit as well…If anyone is on DISCORD and ya’ll know me-- feel free to add me Syvbia#2572 (( just let me know who you are)) … It is good to see that Templars are doing well. <3 I have a form of my Wretched Souls spread out on various realms… would be good to catch up with ya’ll again.— OH!! wait someone told me where you were located–and I happen to already have a guild (or two) there-lol