A reminder to Nelf Fans

If your actually trying to compare World War 2 to World of Warcraft your an idiot. I also never said the Night Elves just should get revenge genocide I said:

As in the HORDE SOLDIERS AT TELDRASIL that participated in the BURINING OF TELDRASIL.

1 Like

So many assumations in this post I dont even know where to start, why dont we cut the headcanon and disscuss actual lore, lol white peace

1 Like

Yeah you know personally that every npc in saurfangs rebels where at teld smh

This isn’t true… there were multiple trials. Hundreds of Germans were tried and convicted of War Crimes… And that’s not including how the USSR treated the Germans after the war…

5 Likes

Yeah your right it was probably just Saurfang, Sylvanas, and like 12 other people, makes total sense.

6 Likes

Imagine wanting your favorite race to become war crimmals

1 Like

Dude what the actual heck are you going on about??? Stop trying to compare the genocide of Night Elves to real life.

14 Likes

LOL

Way to completely swerve the fact that you are wrong almost every single time you try to provide historical context in an argument.

16 Likes

She’s a wonderful Troll, i’ll rate her the very rare 10/10 and ignore her. I hope you do too.

3 Likes

Sadly, I am not sure he’s a troll.

1 Like

Well I dont know if you know this but stories and art always take things from real life, news to you but blizzard wasnt the first to come up with the who dying for everyones sins thing like saurfang just did, and I am not the one who brought up the USSR as a beacon of how to act after a war

1 Like

Neither did I… I just pointed out that you were wrong regarding how the Allies dealt with the Germans following the war.

2 Likes

yes the USSR is all the allies

Lmao.

10chars.

If you read, I actually excluded the USSR and you were still wrong.

1 Like

This.

The three characters most behind the Burning of Teldrassil are Sylvanas, Nathanos, and Saurfang. Sylvanas being the one who ordered it, the other two enabling her to do so. Saurfang is dead (and arguably blameless for it besides), the other two are now ex-Horde, and if they’re gone after, you’d have both sides to help out.

Who else in the Horde is there to punish? The demolisher siege crews? All forces on the ground in Darkshore? The entire Horde?

Fiction draws a lot from nonfiction. It is not bad faith to draw attention to parallels to history when analyzing a story. Especially when WoW is obviously inspired by a lot of real life history (the concept of two superpowers in the form of the Alliance and Horde is easily recognizable in the actual dynamic of the USSR and US, especially the cold war aspect which was the default state of the faction conflict for a long time).

…Katiera’s indulgence of strawmans and more viscerally provocative posts, less so…

Hundreds of Germans, mainly officers rather than the rank and file, is still a small number compared to the whole of the German population or even the German army. Katiera is only technically incorrect in the numbers here.

3 Likes

Dude the only moment Garrosh was not a villain, was in Alex Afrasiabi’s ONE quest. If you paid attention on TBC, he was a villain even then. Just a whiny crybaby villain, totally willing to let his people die because “my daddy was evil abloobloo.”

Yeah, I agree of it, but the symbology isn’t there with the application of real world imagery, it requires gross misrepresentation and blurring the lines to actually overlay it onto something you’re arguing for, which is what Katiera was doing.

I don’t mind what you’ve said with it, but it has to be in good faith. Katiera isn’t arguing in good faith.

4 Likes

I mean, night elves really can’t survive another ‘peace’ with the Horde. They showed restraint for years as the Warsong and Horde raiding parties operated in Ashenvale even while they gave the Horde lumber. This was rewarded by Garrosh going ‘well we need more lumber!!!’ and attacking. Look at the areas that the Horde were logging in Ashenvale and Azshara, and Stonetalon, does that look like they respect nature? Nope.

Then at the end of MoP they gifted Azshara and Stonetalon to the Horde, again to make peace and solve the Horde lumber problem forever. It took two years, two whole years, for the War of Thorns to happen. Night elves are thousands of years old, and in the span of what, a decade? They have those under the banner of the Horde essentially circumvent treaties or prior times working together… what, three times? They must have whiplash.

The kaldorei have every reason to believe that, with this peace, a year from now an orc will trip over a log that looks vaguely like a night elf, and the Horde will burn all of north Kalimdor to the ground screaming Lok’tar Ogar.

20 Likes