A reminder to Nelf Fans

I think that’s what is going to happen here. Tyrande is likely only going to hunt Sylvanas down with a few of her most trusted warriors, and the mantle of leadership will be passed to Malfurion and Shandris.

Why does she have to pass leadership henna been hunting Sylvanas for a while now he is still the leader

2 Likes

Y’all are aware that making peace with the Horde in circumstances that allow the rise of leaders that are amenable to positive relations (such as Thrall and Baine) opens the door to getting back Darkshore and Ashenvale by, you know, peaceful negotiations? Without having to risk any more lives of your race (arguably an endangered species twice over by now)?

I mean, heck, literally any potential candidate for leadership would have zero reason to not just pull out of Darkshore and Ashenvale without any conditions.

Besides, pretty sure all the major figures who had a direct hand in the Burning of Teldrassil are either dead or officially separated from the Horde. Who is there to wreak retribution against?

8 Likes

The only people who’ve accused Tyrande of being “evil” are the folks here on this forum.

2 Likes

Yeah, either that or it will just be Shandris, as I don’t think we’ve heard from Malfurion much either. I think I prefer that even, and hope it would entail a model update for Shandris.

8.3 or 8.3.5 really should be about addressing some new leaders taking up mantles for the disparate races with more model updates for them to accommodate some of the changes.

Go talk to Anduin and read him telling you that Tyrande is “consumed by vengeance!”

It’s disgusting. Stop talking to me, Katiera.

7 Likes

Night Elves who get swallowed by revenge…

Oh no what a new thing

1 Like

Going by WC3 history it should be Malfurion and Maiev, since she once tried to convince him that Tyrande was dead.

Maiev was awfully attached to Malfurion in Warcraft III…

Still dont get why she has to give up leadership genns been hunting sylvanas since cata, he is still the worgen leader

5 Likes

Reposting this from my realm forum, since it’s also by me but:

Lmao “Lost to Vengeance”

“She just suffered a genocide and her husband was at death’s door and barely staved it off.”

“Now that she’s got the Horde on the run, after no one helping her and her people who followed her faithfully, she isn’t returning our calls.”

“I just wanted to tell her to stop murdering the Horde because we made up and it was just Sylvanas’ fault. That Tyrande should get down here and clap as we look and fawn over the man who led the attack on Auberdine, Astranaar, that largely executed Night Elves without regard.”

“She’s lost to vengeance. I hope nothing’s wrong (do you think she’s going to be a raid boss? I hope so. Only bad guys kill the other faction when we’re at peace! :slight_smile: ) :/”

28 Likes

Imagine calling for genocide cause you got genocided, you know if someone is racist to you that doesnt give you a excuse to be racist, that just makes you a terrible person.

4 Likes

Your right, and they sure as heck shouldn’t listen to arbitrary and apathetic players. Night Elf players wanting those responsible for Teldrasil dead aren’t “crazy bloodthirst players”… they’re just players that actually care about the lore and have a sense of justice.

Even as a Horde radical I pity the Alliance players that actually enjoy a complex story with complex characters. If Orgrimmar had been burnt to ash along with x number of innocents like Teldrasil, I’d be sooooo salty about being forced to team up with the very people that did it, like its actually disgusting.

27 Likes

They are dead, saurfang died dude, what we need to get sylvanas? Well we gonna she is obiviously a major villian

2 Likes

You either dont know the story or your being willfully ignorant. The Horde didint burn the tree at blight point, they did it willfully knowing exactly what they were doing. You cant use Sylvanas as a scape goat to excuse what the entire Horde participated in.

16 Likes

Yeah the whole horde totally, and I bet you’d be screaming for genocide of the germans at the end of ww2, such a wonderful world view

2 Likes

Lol first I’m sorry your unable to differentiate between fantasy and reality but normal people dont have that problem.

So are you really saying all the German soldier’s that participated in genocide should have been forgiven because Hitler died? Thats pretty disturbing.

17 Likes

We can talk about morality in war, and what is or isn’t the proper response to Genocide until we are blue in the face… The real issue here is using a playable race as a scapegoat for a story they play no role in…

Completely remove everything the Night Elves did After War of Thorns, and nothing… Not one single thing… Is different. And this entire thing started with their GENOCIDE.

Love or hate the story… that’s just a nasty thing to do to a percentage of the player base. Period.

21 Likes

Applying real world problems to a fictional story is the epitome of bad faith argument, imho. When people try to accuse and declaim those who want something for ‘X’ reason and resort to attacking themselves as being a horrible person is just laughable.

Night Elves for the entire duration of World of Warcraft have been taken to constantly taking knocks throghout it’s duration without much of an actual bonus or progress. The Kaldorei had the potential to get the Nightborne on their side but it’s written off to join the Horde instead.

And finally after having a major population center ransacked, their citizens killed by Sylvanas’ henchmen (Astranaar) which led into the capital city and majority of the population residing there - Darnassus - being burned and being the equivalent of genocide, which Tyrande recognizes in the book Elegy, is bad enough.

Finally the Night Elves get some spotlight. Then what it turns out to be is that Empowered Tyrande gets beaten into a stalemate by a risen human ranger, ganks one Val’kyr and allows them to leave. Such is the Darkshore Warfront as they finally reclaim too little too late a now-ruined and partially blighted piece of their home.

Now, finally as the war has turned the other foot, that Tyrande and the Night Elves could actually successfully start pushing the Horde back, it turns to peace.

That isn’t the problem.

The problem is that faction lead Anduin Wrynn is voice hesitation and problems with how Tyrande is acting. It’s being written as a bad thing that the Night Elves are actually moving forwards and reclaiming their own turf. That they should let losing the remnants of a 10,000 year old civilization in a “White Peace” treaty be considered fair trade.

Worse yet is such the way Blizzard tends to write things. Tyrande’s looking to be set up as a minor villain with how they do such. Because Vengeance, or at least being written normally, is seen objectively and thematically as something bad.

Even when the Night Elves win they lose. Either Tyrande shows up, says “Everything is A OK” making the Night Elves even more of a joke, and inconsistent of her character, or instead she gets pigeon-holed as either acting rashly and being spoken down to / labelled a villain for wanting to actually and successfully take vengeance on something that’s happened to her entire people.

The third option? Tyrande is written wonderfully and Nelves get something good in the next patch / expansion.

I don’t see the third option.

30 Likes

you know only 24 where tried for it right literally learn history genocide is not answered with genocide

1 Like