A real question about AV

This is a serious question.

What are the outlines of getting banned in AV? I see people fighting and I want a clear answer.

1. Is it about damage and healing?

2. Do auto bans happen from reports?

3. Are quests, objectives, and other things in BGs a bankable offense? Because a lot of people feel like this is the case.

4. Why don’t the in game debuffs and kicking system kick in before you get banned? It feels really strange to have those systems, they don’t kick in, but then you get banned.

5. Why the 30 day kick starter on people? This is a little extreme. I really feel like this level of punishment isn’t designed to correct behavior but to simply damage peoples experience going forward.

3 Likes

There are many factors, and they are not going to reveal every single one. Because that means players will use it to skirt the rules as close as they can.

Blizzard is not stupid. They can see everything you’ve done, and it’s not hard to extrapolate intentions. Stay with the group, help your team win the BG, and you’ll never have any issue.

I am not interested in your take to be honest. You are just here to probably troll people which is kind of sad when you think about it.

I am not asking them to tell me the exact number of damage. I am asking if that is the all might determining factor?

I am not asking how many reports it takes to get auto banned but if it can happen.

I am asking why do we have objectives and quests in the BG if these things can get you banned.

I am asking why debuffs exsist in the game that you can never get but get banned.

I am asking why we started at 30 days.

But most importantly… I am not asking you.

5 Likes

Partly. The one comment I’ve seen from a Blue regarding this is for people who did none of both. 0.

Don’t listen to people who try to twist everything into an argument.

No.

Depends on many other factors, but yes. If the group is rushing the enemy base, you staying behind to be a “lone wolf” is not going to work for you. Stay with the group and help them.

Because players will do the bare minimum to not get kicked, and think they’re clever. Blizzard isn’t stupid and knows what you are doing.

I agree it’s pretty harsh, but if it’s not a mistake, then it’s because people don’t learn from smaller suspensions. A punishment is not meant to be “fair” or “just”. It’s meant to PUNISH. So you don’t do it again.

4 Likes

Again, I am not asking you. Thank you for continue to try though. Because your take is clearly from the angle of “I am not banned so its good, but if I was it would be a problem”.

2 Likes

Then don’t post in a public forum. Quite frankly, I would think threads like these are trolling. Pretty sure you know the answer, but want to argue about it.

But I’m the interest of being cordial, I answered each question above.

7 Likes

Partially, yes. If you’ve done many BGs and had no damage or healing done in any of them and you’ve been reported as AFK by your teammates, then that all gets put together to make a bigger picture.

No.

Again, there’s a bigger picture here and it’s not based on a single AFK report.

They do kick in and players are booted from the BG if they receive enough reports. It’s this sort of history that helps to build the case for further account actions.

That’s not up to CS. That’s a development question and the devs don’t visit here unfortunately.

This forum is a forum primarily for players to help other players. It’s not a one-on-one with Blizz employees.

10 Likes

I do not know the answer. I want to though.

2 Likes
  1. It seems to be considered as a factor.
  2. Not directly they will only get you the attention of someone/thing to look over the reports. What exactly happens at the point we may never know.
  3. Right now it seems whatever the group wants done is safe anything else is non-participation.
  4. Because those systems can track if you are AFK and such but not if you are following the group.
  5. This is the puzzler.

Thank you for an honest and informed take. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

If you truly want to know, then you would not be responding with “I don’t care about your response”. That response says that you just want attention and to argue with Blizzard.

Excuse me?

Next question is there a way to ignore people on the forums?

1 Like

That’s what you are gonna get by posting here. Player supported help forum, you know. Blizzard will not give out the criteria for non participation suspensions aside from what has been already said…

2 Likes

Just by the by, anyone without text that’s blue is just a player. Like with Pearl, she doesn’t work for Blizzard, she’s a player like everyone else here.

5 Likes

You came here to Customer Support, which is a forum for players to assist other players. Even Perl is a player, not Blizzard staff. Beyond that though, CS is not GD. This forum is the most heavily moderated one there is, and what fools do come here to troll do not last long. Neither the SFAs or even us other players tolerate them.

8 Likes

That individual didn’t come here to help anyone. He came here to gloat.

I respect those that are trying to give reasonable takes.

3 Likes

Who’s gloating? You just don’t like what is being said.

5 Likes

Yes. The option should be available if you check their profile activity. If their profits hidden, you can still do it manually in your own forum activity section.

I haven’t looked at it in a bit, but there should be the option to manually add someone’s name and server.

2 Likes

Thats not correct. I do not like what Perl is saying in the reply for example. Disagree with those being reason to ban people for 30 days. But its explained in a respectful manner.

I also understand that this is someone just giving me an honest take and seems to be somewhat trusted by Blizzard. So it means a little more then the guy that is going from thread post to thread post trying to dunk on people banned instead of just playing the game.

I mean that’s what I would be doing if I wasn’t banned. Certainly not crawling between forum posts talking down to people that are banned. Possibly wrongly.

3 Likes
  1. No, it is about completing the objective that the team you are supposed to be part of wants to complete.
  2. Contrary to popular belief, there is no auto-bans in WoW. The only auto penalty is a squelch for being reported for chat violations until a real person can look at the logs and determine if a penalty is in order or not.
  3. BGs are a team participation event. Doing a side quest in a bg or 2 wont get you infracted. A pattern of not following what the majority of the team has decided the objective they want to complete, and sitting somewhere not actively participating, can get you infracted.
  4. Any time you get flagged by your teammates as AFK, that can trigger an investigation where they look for a pattern of non-participation over multiple BGs. Investigations are done by real people and those same people are the ones who decide if your actions in-game warrant an infraction or not.
  5. That, I can not say. The game developers who set policies decided it was the appropriate infraction for people not participating in the BGs they signed up to participate in. The 7 day suspensions were not working to deter people from not participating so they decided to up it to 30 days.
1 Like