A real question about AV

Previous punishments wasn’t working, so Blizzard “upped the damage”. For a punishment to work, it has to sting. And this one smarts from the kvetching I have seen.

You need to do is wait for your appeal if you have submitted one.

1 Like

I would understand this take to people that are repeat offenders. Obviously some people got hit before and probably learned. Others most likely didn’t. But people that this is a first offense… well… very very bad level of punishment.

1 Like

So… You are saying first time offenders should get a slap on the wrist? Given a piece of candy and sent to the corner? Equal punishment for all, and Blizzard is treating everyone equally. Personally, I find the punishment too lax, I’d go for 3 months or longer. Those people are no better than win-traders.

This line is exactly what makes it a very good punishment. They’ve tried many things over the years. Warnings? No one listened. Debuffs? No one cares. Silences (for chat violations)? People laughed and then went even worse to try and run up the longest silence possible. One day suspension? “Ok, I’ll take a night off. It’s not raid night anyway.”

30 days seems extreme, but the fact that it hurts, the fact that players are losing raid spots, the fact that players are going to miss the launch of Wrath Classic, makes it very effective.

3 Likes

You have data on hand that no one listened or learned? That everyone is a repeat offender?

I don’t think so. It is ok for you to feel that way. But it is not ok to state that as some sort of fact.

2 Likes

Blue posts everywhere. You really seem to have a problem with believing what people tell you. I completely understand that people don’t see every Blue post, but when they are linked for you, you still argue against it.

I get that you don’t like the current situation. I don’t blame you. But you know where to go to post suggestions for changes. The rules are what they are, whether we all like it not.

1 Like

We don’t need to show that everyone did it. Only that enough players did it and due to those players, we can’t have nice things.

1 Like

There are no Auto bans in wow! Zero none nada.

If you get banned it is when someone reports you and a gm reviews the logs and from what they see they take action against your account. Also from what blues have said for this you need to do it a few times before this happens. Ie show a pattern of not actively playing

2 Likes

That isn’t really something that Customer Support would be able to provide. The majority of what our teams look for in their investigations are kept secret to avoid folks abusing that information.

That can be a factor, yes.

No, investigations may happen from reports. There are no automated bans for afk/non-participation.

The report/debuff system is based on your fellow players reporting someone as potentially afk/non-participating. Those reports can also initiate follow up investigations, but that is not the only thing that causes our investigation teams to look for potential policy violations.

The penalty is usually set to dissuade repeat violations, beyond that, Customer support wouldn’t be able to answer any specifics.

9 Likes