A Plea: Make MCP a unique item

This is assuming, that a player doesn’t want to push themselves to the level that was possible within vanilla. Players educated themselves returning to Classic, their expectations were set because of a static system.

Your needs don’t have to align with other players.

1 Like

It definitely depends on the raid. But given it’s not hard to get and doesn’t actually take that much time to get it (nor is it required for MC or Ony at this point), I think any raid that doesn’t ask or expect a Feral to get it likely doesn’t bother with world buffs, consumes, or anyone really trying to contribute more to the raid.

I don’t think a raid like that would be able to clear AQ40/Naxx, if they’ve even cleared BWL. There are things that require a step up in BWL at the earliest.

1 Like

Agreed.

Also agreed.

1 Like

Well, that’s just not true at all. How much DPS do you think MCP adds to cat druids? You realize it only affects auto attack damage and slightly buffs Omen procs? (ends up being worth something like an extra 50 energy a minute.)

If you remove the MCP DPS from the top cat parses, they’re still 50% higher than the top Ret parses.

Fake news errywhere.

2 Likes

Well Ret is hot garbage for DPS, but I’m saying that isn’t not a competitive spec without it - because it’s not. The auto attack damage and Omen of Clarity procs are pretty huge for the spec, as nothing before AQ40 is even remotely worth equipping but even then it’s not better than MCP.

I don’t know how much MCP affects their DPS in numerical values, but I fully know that MCP combined with consumables (to be able to powershift) are absolutely a huge part of their damage. A 50% attack speed steroid for 100% of the fight is absolutely big.

Today I learned that 50% more DPS than a Ret Paladin is no better than a Ret Paladin.

:clown_face:

1 Like

So many people talking about how Cat/Bear Druids should play the game but I see very few lvl 60 Druids actually replying…

You’re correct it is big. Currently its a 10-20% DPS increase depending on gear.

It is still a pretty big DPS increase over Atiesh. (Although in fights that are between 1:30 -2:00 we switch to a normal weap to use as stat stick.

Literally resubbed to reply to this comment. Yes, a 50% increase of incredibly low DPS is no better than incredibly low dps; at least not enough to be “ok” or “average.”

1 Like

You’re always facetious and irritating to have a conversation with. When I say, “no better” I mean no better. They may bring more damage, but that’s not exactly all that you bring a person for. If they’re lazy with their damage, they’re probably lazy with their utility as well - and that’s a problem.

And yes, a lazy player is no better than another lazy player. If they try to be competitive, that means more than their class/spec.

Good, I’m glad I irritate people that don’t know what they’re talking about.

1 Like

I disagree with this. I like Delimucus’s comments on almost every post, and I feel that he engages in conversations on this forum in a very genuine fashion.

I also feel the same (for the most part) about you, Esimpure, but I feel that this particular post is someone of a cheap post without much merit.

No it has the damage on a lvl 39 Mace. The people who can use it are Ferals and arguable SP Ret Pallies.

1 Like

You seem to say a lot without providing anything. We know that MCP has an impact, and were just given a large percentage contribution it does to a Feral’s DPS by a Druid. I trust his word more than you, especially since every serious Feral farms MCPs.

A lot of his posts (especially lately) have been belittling people and providing nothing of substance. Even when presented with evidence, he refuses to even remotely accept that he could be wrong. He makes inaccurate statements and refuses to elaborate on irrelevant claims he makes.

That’s why it’s irritating to try and have a conversation with him. He’s dishonest and rude.

1 Like

Fair.

We are all people, and have our own perspectives, and limits. It’s great that we are sharing our ideas here, and those of us who are regular forum posters are attracted to the forums for various reasons.

There are no-doubt some who come to the forums only to argue, and among the regular posters, I suspect this is a very small percentage. But also some of us are of very different perspectives, so it’s easy to disagree.

In any case, you Esimpure, and also Delimicus are people I have generally thought of as regular posters who are engaging genuinely :slight_smile:

I was literally about to post that it’s roughly a 15% increase to DPS, about 10% if you have a Hammer of Beastial Fury.

You then tried to redefine what you said into this:

You were talking strictly about DPS.

Except you didn’t at all. And even if it is only 10%, that’s huge.

Was I? Where did I mention strictly damage? I did mention competitive DPS, but then I didn’t mention the damage of other, “meme” specs. I admit I failed to elaborate what I meant, but DPS isn’t everything at all. Else I wouldn’t play a Warlock.

And by inaccurate statements and irrelevant claims, I specifically mean when you kept bringing up what Chinese WoW did to bots as if it was relevant to NA/EU and then never backed up your claim.

It was and is relevant. People were claiming that Blizzard makes too much money from bots to ban them. I showed the openess of NetEase in displaying their bans in China.

Why is this relevant? Because Blizzard makes a boatload of money off of WoW in China. If they allowed NetEase to ban bots in China, it’s absolutely ludicrous to think that they would allow bots to run rampant here because of “sub money.”

Lo and behold, shortly after I posted that Blizzard began to open up a bit and let people know how many bots are being banned. People like to pick and choose the things they believe Blizzard on to support whatever narrative they’re pushing.

You’re right, because I was doing the MATH to make sure I didn’t post a load of misinformation like you and many others on this forum.

This seems like an absurd claim, that exposes absurd thinking.

Yet so common and widespread on this forum. Like many other conspiracy theories that take form here and propagate across the various forums on the internet.

1 Like