A Plea: Make MCP a unique item

Like legalizing Crack or Heroine? Yeah, I don’t have a strong opinion here to offer. But, I don’t think it’s an easy problem to solve.

True, and I don’t think Feral as a powershifter will do Ret DPS even without min/maxing. Ret just doesn’t do a lot of damage yet. My argument for bringing Feral - outside of pretty good damage when played right - is their utility, which for the most part can’t be brought by a Resto Druid. They can be emergency offtanks, and we have a few bear druids that tank in one of our raids weekly too.

I don’t subscribe to forcing people to play what they don’t like, I just expect them to do what they can if they want a raid spot. Excluding being brought to farm content though, as I’ve said I’m SM/Ruin (not DS/Ruin, a 5% difference in damage on single target if I can’t Corruption), and don’t flask.

I disagree with that being on par. Drugs shouldn’t be treated the way they are in the US, but legalized to a point - heavily regulated of course - and all the money that went into the war on drugs should be put into rehabilitation and trying to solve the cause of people doing said drugs.

So… extremely low?

Ret DPS is low but no as low as people meme tbh. Looking at the average DPS of a lot of the people in this thread they can’t really trash on ret pally dps.

https:// imgur. com/a/Bfc6RPJ Again not astounding but not like bottom barrel like so many people cry about.

Sure! And in my personal opinion, I would never care to be in a raid group that would discriminate against a Ret pally. However, I’m also not going to pretend that it is a decent spec for raiding paladins, nor that it has decent DPS.

I’ve seen some posts that say something about, “Until AQ or until Naxx,” so I’m interested as to whether Ret gets better later, but I wouldn’t feel co[quote=“Vrakthris, post:7, topic:24487”]
Activision has zero to do with the development of Blizzard games.
[/quote]

Activision Blizzard isn’t two separate companies. It’s one company.

Also, Pitfall was hands down the best game ever made. Thank you Activision for bringing us this amazing game.

Thats good atleast. I feel that the content is easy enough for us so that bringing something like a Ret pally which while giving mediocre dps still has nice QoL stuff like keeping up judgements especially on fights like Vael.

From what experienced players tell, no. But Judgement of wisdom/light is legitmately important for a lot of players and their classes so they help take GCDs off of holy pallies whilst still outputting okay damage.

I feel like consistently showing up and being able to perform and/or learn mechanics is more important than almost anything else.

Oh, and generally getting along with the rest of your raid group helps, too.

Of course, it depends on the guild and raid group. If you join a min/max speedrun group and expect to not have to care about world buffs, consumes, etc. then that’s on you, imo.

1 Like

I out-DPS that casually playing a subpar spec. Ret isn’t brought for their damage. They have no unique utility in vanilla, which hurts them overall.

Yeah, that was my entire point. Also it’s no secret that WoW was changed slowly but surely after the merger, and not for the better. While Activision may arguably not have anything to do with the development of games (which we’ve heard otherwise, and I’ve linked you those in the past on this same topic), the culture of Blizzard drastically changed for both player and employee alike in the following years of the merger.

You don’t out dps it casually. I just checked the logs and the only bosses you out DPS the ret pally in question on is Razorgore (20 second fight based entirely off of crits), Chromaggus (Literal RNG the fight, and he has no Holy Vulnerability) and Nef. With almost a tie on flamegor.

Edit: To add Having 2 runs of BWL also isn’t enough to fit an average of your dps properly.

You think so? Is that Ret Paladin doing everything they can to out-DPS it? I suppose you’re right, he definitely out-DPSes me on specific fights for a multitude of reasons. Then again, I’m not playing the optimal spec, not flasking, missing key pieces of gear (still have a lot of ZG blues and even a terrible green wand), and on some fights I didn’t have the GFPPs which I should have to not get pushback. I did use both spellpower consumes and had most world buffs, with the exception of songflower on one raid night and I think dragonslayer or ZG as well.

As I said, I’m a largely casual player and just started raiding on this to fill in spots for one of our raid teams.

Which Ret Pally are you using as reference?

Purple - Yellow. Which is the equivilent of blue to purple for most other classes as Ret pallies have less players and less people per capita trying to get good dps.

True, but that also doubles that there’s a lot more players who are going full on that are ranking higher. The raw DPS values matter more, which puts me at a mediocre level - but that’s honestly fine for now. I wonder what his gear is like, but if I had better gear overall I would hope I’d be better equipped.

I’m basically largely picking up scraps which suits me fine. I’ve already said I care more about looks (full Nemesis largely) over stats, and I don’t think my guild minds too much. It’d be nice if my wand dropped from Strat though.

I actually feel pity for people who feel the need to make up false motivations and then assign blame to others, while plotting to wreck their class.

I enjoyed spending a sunday farming mcp.

I guess you guys are the same ones who are trying to convince people in GD that casuals will be happier pretending to RP all the time in shadowlands so devs won’t have to create content for them.

Or is your pathetic alt warrior looking for a tank position after the druids you hate so much become non-viable?

2 Likes

Yup. I don’t grab world buffs I don’t want. Especially Songflowers, I never get those.

1 Like

If it forever had the 50% haste it becomes stronger than might of menethil.

Even though the base damage is low, the haste makes it scale in a way that no other weapon can keep up with. The base weapon damage is one of the least important stats on it.

MCP retains the full 2.0 speed attack power scaling while swinging at 1.33 speeds (or 1.29 if counterweighted).

This means that you are getting your full attack power scaling 50% more often than you would be otherwise.

So let’s look at a character with 2000 AP (+143 weapon dps) using both a MoM and MCP.

MoM 289 - 435 damage, 3.8 speed.
Average damage without AP: 362
Average damage with AP: 905
Autoattack dps: 238

(I’m going to ignore crit, armor, miss chance, etc, as they affect both MoM and MCP equally)

MCP 46 - 70, 2.0 speed (1.33 hasted)
Average damage without AP: 58
Average damage with AP: 344
Dps (unhasted): 171
DPS (active hasted): 258.6

Now, as you can see here, even with just 2000 AP, which is very achievable, MCP does about 10% more dps than MoM when autoattacking. The only thing that would get MoM back in the lead would be instant attacks that used weapon damage, but there aren’t many of those in the game.

Warriors dont have them, save slam, but MCP will generate more rage than MoM for other abilities. In addition, the MCP active makes the flurry talent 50% stronger due to how haste stacks multiplicatively.

Ret Paladins have seal of command, which doubly prefers slow weapons for proc chance and weapon damage, but even we still can use MCP to a greater effect than MoM due to the haste still causing 50% more SoC hits than we would normally expect to get in that hasted time (and the autoattack damage ends up higher than MoM anyway, which is a larger portion of our DPS).

Overall, MCP was just very poorly designed, and yes, the level 39 mace is the undisputed strongest 2h weapon in the game. Had blizzard not moved to a rating system in TBC, it likely would have continued to be the strongest 2h until blizzard directly nerfed it. 50% haste passively is impossible to beat by a higher base dps, as the MCP’s 50% better AP scaling WILL surpass it at some point, and that point is far earlier than you’d expect.

bro manual crow pummer is for bear. In cat i do 70 % shreed damage . I did 499 dps on my last boss . without dmt buff.

WAKE UP !

you dont havent have druid. I was gonna work you argument then realize its all meaningless you havent test it yourself your just repeating what someone already said. 499 dps without without dmt buff bru .

bandwagon we following a bandwagon