A new take on player housing

Agreed, but “that would take away manpower and money that can be used to make more content” or something. Idk. Is that the argument they usually use?

Ion said something along those lines and he’s just blatantly wrong, so.

HAHA, you’re welcome.

I was zoned in for forum-roasting. That might net me a vacation, we’ll see.

1 Like

There is not one profession that wouldn’t be affected. And they could even add a couple of sub-crafts specifically for housing. Blacksmith-stonemason, Herbalist-carpenter. Every single profession could have something to make in someway for it. The evergreen possibilities are enormous.

I think … just maybe … that they realise that and its why its taken so long. I have this hope that somewhere within the bowels of Blizzard HQ there is a smallish team working on the idea, putting together concepts, doing evaulations, checking out other games to cherrypick the best ideas and add a WoW flavour to them. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but if I was someone like Chris Metzen, I’d definately be kicking that idea into shape.

2 Likes

There have been rumors for years about a team working on Housing. Rumor got started at the end of Legion. But Blizz refuses to confirm or deny it if asked.

Player Housing would be a great progression system for casuals and world content players. However, Ion isn’t interested in it. Ion wants to promote raiding and mythic plus instead.

1 Like

Leatherworking, rugcrafting? Could be fun. Rugs and tapestries.

Ooo, tailoring for paintings?

Yeah, not one profession won’t benefit from housing.

Can we confirm that its a dead horse now? This could very well be added to the thread I made.

Y’know. The one that got flagged.

I only hope that if and when we get it that it’s not on a “plot” system like a lot of games use where you have to pay a monthly fee. If they want houses visible to people then they should have designated plots in all the cities that just randomly choose what house to show you any time you zone in

That’s because Ion is a–

[Looks at forum moderators holding a banhammer]

um… ion is a… cool unadulterated natural titan. yeahhh.

A bit unfortunate, really. I’m hoping there will be another pillar to the game.

True, but Ion is one person with one voice and opinion. There is also Mike Ybarra and Chris Metzen. And if Microsoft saw the idea as profitable, Phil Spencer might also provide input, especially as Microsoft now owns Elder Scrolls Online, which has one of the best PH systems out there…

Naa, it was too poetic to get you grief. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ugh. I think its time to mute the thread. Nothing more could potentially be said here.

I hate live action remakes. I already know the story give me something new!

Now a live action prequel or sequel… maybe.

2 Likes

I love the Woodcutting profession idea, that was my favorite part of Rune Scape. Very peaceful to just cut down trees all day and they already have the woodcutting animation for all races. If it could also be used to make furniture that could be placed in the real world, that is really creative.

1 Like

Live-action Avatar series about the failures of Avatar Kuruk and how he almost plunged the world into darkness because Koh took his lover’s face?

…that would be dope.

Hmm…All’s Quiet on the western front…I think he really did mute the thread and leave. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: Small victories

3 Likes

Yeah…new toys this expansion.
https://www.wowhead.com/item=194060/dragonscale-expeditions-expedition-tent

Nothing new for this forum. This place is worst than twitter/X and facebook combined. Wouldnt be so bad if the moderators didnt play along…as well as whoever is looking at the appeals in that joke system, lmao.

1 Like

A new take on player housing:

Any/every thread created (spammed) about player housing and why you think it should exist automatically garners a 6 month forum mute.

You had housing in Garrisons. You didn’t like it because you couldn’t stop to decorate your ERP-Nightclub walls with your live 3-viewer “LIVE DJ ON TWITCH!” - Yoshida has openly said player housing was a mistake and if he could remove it he would without hesitation.

WoW does not need player housing. Go play IMVU.

Nah.

Stopped reading. Everything after is useless and wrong information.

1 Like