A new take on player housing

We already have player housing in the garrisons. All that needs to be done is to have them updated to whatever the current xpac is.

Here is where my unique take comes in:

Create 2 new tertiary professions… lumberjack and contractor. These professions would be used to create decor for the garrisons. Lumberjacks, obviously, would collect wood for crafting the items. Contractors would then build the items. Inscriptionists would create the blueprints that the contractors would use for items such as chairs, beds, etc. You could even get tailors involved for upholstery.

Now for the part that really makes it interesting. The creations would be based off the race of the contractor and the finished products could be placed on the AH. If you were a dwarf and wanted a blood elf style bed, you could get someone to build it or buy one on the AH.

Maybe it’s just me but i think that would be awesome as well as something that would endure since tastes can change.

14 Likes

Do we now?

14 Likes

It took them 20 years to give us any real fantasy oriented backpacks and a tent, lmao…player housing, sadly, isnt ever coming. Maybe in 20 more years they’ll figure out the benefit about casual players being happy = more incoming revenue lol

9 Likes

i would like to see them updated as well , adding to your ideas I would like to be able to move our garrisons to different locations.

1 Like

What i mean is that the garrisons are kind of already like player housing, they just need to be expanded on

3 Likes

Definitely not.

That said, I wouldn’t really be opposed to a version of Garrisons that’s TREATED like housing instead of just constantly compared to it while having 0 of the features central to Housing.

Basically, decorating your fort instead of getting incredibly nitty gritty with 1 structure.

But I do mean actually decorating, not just choosing a Night Elf themed Tavern instead of the default Human one, yeah?

1 Like

I agree, that would be nice… and/or a portal that goes to and from wherever the current city of interest is (Valdrakken at this time).

1 Like

Um, no.

The garrison is not a home, it’s an office.

The commander doesn’t even have their own quarters.

Now, if something like that were added to it, it would be a step in the right direction.

8 Likes

what is the allure of player housing in a video game?

it seems like it doesnt serve any purpose

1 Like

They’re the most extreme basic of any housing that could possibly ever exist and don’t really represent the different races or zones.

Decos should come from every single form of content possible, not just professions.

4 Likes

I don’t understand the point of questions like this. Player housing is one of the most widely requested features and has been for years. The Devs have acknowledged this. We all know this. Why does it matter if you don’t understand it. Clearly lots of people want it so clearly there is a reason lol

It’s a gold sink. It’s a time sink. It’s a RP feature. It’s a customization feature to put time into just like Transmog and transmog farming. It adds to the sense of self/character in an MMORPG. It’s evergreen and doesn’t go away every expac. It’s not that deep

14 Likes

Its difficult to explain to someone who doesn’t see.

It’s evergreen content that (I believe) a reasonable number of folks would get a lot of play time out of for various reasons, and could also benefit crafting as well.

That’s about as simple as I can put it.

4 Likes

There’s a reason why I play the begeezus out of Palia.

Look at my plot now! :smiley:

11 Likes

Garrisons is a bastardized attempt at housing, it would need much improvement, but the potential is there for sure, not just keeping up with the current expansion.

i’d say they could take a page out of FFXIV’s and ESO’s books for housing, but as we seen with WoW copying XIV’s crafting n follower dungeons, they’re not good at taking in ideas from other games.

1 Like

first of all, no we dont all know this.

secondly, if i don’t understand something, i have the right to ask a question about it.

thank you, have a lovely day.

I would rather have player housing in Durotar, Mulgore, Tirisfal Glades, Eversong Woods, Highmoutain, Suramar and any other zones that have Horde cities/settlements.

Personally, I don’t want a house in an alternate universe where I know the planet will be destroyed by the Light. Makes no sense.

4 Likes

No computer/console game serves a purpose. Raiding, pvp, mythic+ are just as silly as player housing to anyone that doesn’t play computer/console games.

The only thing you need to know is people enjoy it and will pay money to play games that have a system to build and/or decorate a house.

8 Likes

if this is the case, why has wow not yet implemented player housing over the course of the last 19 (almost 20) years?

Sorry OP but calling the Garrison player housing is like saying adding shredded cheese to a Hot Pocket is cooking.

Yes it’s food but not very good.

But I understand the sentiment

5 Likes

Why are you asking me? If it was up to me, WoW would have had housing over 10 years ago.

5 Likes