A new take on player housing

you should. good thread

this and this and this. will always be my main point for player housing.

Yeah kind of like if they made player customizations a big expansion feature…haha…oh wait they did that last expansion! New character customization options was literally one of the main selling points of Shadowlands lmao and that’s way less of a gameplay impact than Housing.

RP and player customization and choice are huge and they are big time and money sinks for players which is exactly the type of evergreen content that WoW benefits from and keeps people subbing. People spending time and money and gold farming furniture or grinding professions to make rare furniture etc. creates an entirely new economy and way to play the game as seen in other games with housing. It allows professions to gain new relevance and be expanded in an evergreen way as well.

2 Likes

but attimis has provided very clear talking points about how player housing would be bad for world of warcraft and i would have to agree.

This is in the eye of the beholder. It’s not wasteful to people that really want it.

And it’s funny that you guys all think raiders, pvpers and mythic+ wouldn’t want PH. I bet there’s plenty of them that would.

I have no idea what you mean by this.

2 Likes

Good thing it probably won’t be launched with the same mechanics.

Good.

What? It’s free money for Blizzard if they put housing assets in the shop. What “payload?” What even is a “payload?”

If it’s RP-related and optional, no one is “forced.”

Yeah, I don’t really think you know what player housing really is or even how it works.

3 Likes

it would be wasted resources if no one ends up using those assets.

They’re clearly bad talking points, sure.

That’s because you have the critical thinking skills of a dead squirrel.

3 Likes

“Forced introvert”

I’m looking at a full Limsa rn.

1 Like

Inb4 Lumberjack and Carpenter get added as new professions to make furniture.

Or they can add it to the others, doesn’t matter how its done as long as that’s one way to get stuff for the house.

1 Like

3 Likes

im sorry but i have to disagree… i have read the entire thread of posts that attimis linked and i truly want to thank him because he has wonderful insights into this topic and i wholeheartedly agree with him.

He means that, like so many other people who have never played a game with player housing, it’ll be just like Garrisons. And it won’t.

Player housing does not “force” anyone into anything, people don’t spend day and night in their housing plots, there are no quests, dailies, gathering, etc. in real player housing.

None of these people who are against it know what they’re talking about.

2 Likes

I guarantee you someone would use assets, bro.

Yeah, it’s going to change the game permanently the same way the Transmog feature did. A “useless RP feature” that has become a staple core part of the game for much of the playerbase. Farming and grinding and trading and crafting. Gonna be exciting for sure!

2 Likes

would enough people use the assets to justify the large amount of time and money blizzard spent on creating those assets, though?

It would singlehandedly get me to play WoW forever. Blizzard should consider adding player housing!

but would it get other people to play the game? wow can’t live on one subscription fee alone.

Yeah if they did it right, I would probably quit SWTOR for good.

3 Likes

no one speaks like this

Sorry, Attimis, you’re the one getting more trolled than all of us.

1 Like