A new take on player housing

Bahahahahaha… sorry, that’s not at you, but at the idea of him being genuine ever. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes I can’t help it, I know I shouldn’t respond. Hell, you and I disagree on things but at least I’m open to being informed when I don’t have all the facts. Least I hope I am.

Anyhow, lunch is calling; in fact it was shrieking an hour ago and I ignored it (its afternoon Sunday here). I shall go feed myself, do some WoWing and dream fondly of having a little house outside Crossroads where I could invite my game buddies to for a visit.

waves

3 Likes

i have heard from some people today in this thread that ESO and FF14 have lovely player housing systems, would you be interested in checking those out?

Oh well.

You’re right, though. Assets can be put on the shop and the TP, players able to customize the location and house decorations… it would bring a lot of old and young players back.

Blizzard would rather keep their aging playerbase and foster the GOGOGO mentality rather than return to the root that made them what they are, today: the RPG in MMORPG.

And you’ve corrected me before too! We may bicker, but we’re not trolling each other. I’ve always enjoyed your company around here. :dracthyr_heart:

Have good foodings!

Update: I now have a tent and I couldn’t be happier.

2 Likes

oh yeah, bulak could easily be just poking to keep the thread up.

i respond when i have something to contribute to the overall topic but i wouldn’t get into a specific argument with. but it does keep the discussion going.

1 Like

I prefer a wooden cabin in the woods of Dun Morogh or even Elwynn… but that also sounds cool

dont you think blizzard has hired market analysts to determine if ventures such as player housing would create a profit for them?

do they? where’s the proof and the data they use? otherwise its just a vomit of words that means nothing because we have no info that shows anything and its just something to say randomly to argue about that leads to nowhere.

well blizzard is a rather large company, correct?

large companies become so large because they have made immense profits.

thus, blizzard must have made large profits and is continuing to make large profits.

so it would be quite easy to equate that to blizzard having expertise in the market and being able to discern what would or would not create a profit for them.

go ask fallout 76 where their income comes from? i’m willing to bet mostly from housing items.

if fallout 76 has player housing, why are you not playing it then?

i do play it? do you only play one game?
man, if i only played wow for the past 20 years my life would be hollow.

i can’t count how many gems i’ve found in that time. so many fantastic games.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Glad I could help you on your tent adventures! ^^

1 Like

oh wow that’s so cool… so you already have the player housing that you desire then, right?

as i’ve mentioned multiple times. player housing isn’t even a thing i’m a big fan of.

Bulak prides himself in being a pseudo-intellectual.

well that would make sense… it shows why blizzard hasn’t implemented player housing since, as you stated, you are a wow player and aren’t interested in player housing.

if players aren’t interested in player housing, then it wouldn’t create any profits for blizzard and they wouldnt have any incentive to spend time and resources on creating player housing.

I think it’s just that it’s such a huge undertaking to them. They said if they did it, they wanted to do it right. Thing is… they’re overthinking it. I really think they need to go play Old Republic and see how that game used already existing assets to make good player housing.

Now, if the server load is an issue they need to overcome, I can understand that. That’s a lot of instances for housing.

But decos? Heck, 80% of them are already done. There are already beds, tables, chairs, lights, wall decor, bookshelves, carpets, etc already in the game. Those aren’t painted on, as far as I know. They could start with a few basic instanced plots with pre-built houses and then build from there over the years.

All they need to do is the same hook style system they use for putting together their own buildings and furniture in WoW and translate that over to something we can use. Larger hooks for fountains, medium hooks for tables, etc. It’s not free placement, but it works well.

You know player housing is big when a bunch of former WoW devs get together to create a game based on it. Just sayin’. :slightly_smiling_face: