A new take on player housing

bulak argues like i did when i was a stubborn 20 year old that thought it knew everything. add 30 years to that and you realize how wrong you were back then.

1 Like

oh well, im just making logical connections based on the information that you provided for me.

It has been years since I actually looked into SWTOR but… you are the first one I have EVER encountered who have said that the games are similar in style and community. And from what I remember about it, isn’t SWTOR another one of those MMOs built around the singleplayer RPG-character style rather than as a MMO first and foremost?

There are some fair questions to be asked about different types or even the concept of player housing in WoW but… this is one of those things that is a very silly argument against it. If they put housing into the game and put stuff into older raids, it doesn’t matter what those things are - people will farm them to the ends of days to get it.

The issue with player housing, at least as I see it, isn’t if folks would interact with it. But rather how or why

is SWTOR an MMO that still receives ongoing support from its creator or has it gone the way of Heroes of the Storm?

You lost me at dismissing what people wanted by saying the garrisons = housing. They do not.

Anyway, let’s try again.

blizzard stated that garrisons are housing. please the see post above which creates a link to a video interview of the blizzard developers and player housing AKA garrisons.

brewa linked a video that you can see if you just click on the arrow to be brought up to their post.

whoa, i’m the aging playerbase and i’m the opposite of go go go.
just sayin’ that’s one part where i’ll disagree. i may be short on time but i’m not short on making a good time for my entire party besides the go go go dudes. i’ll sit still and not tank till i get kicked if someone even mentions ‘go’

that’s my trigger and will forever be my trigger. you say go, your group will lose a tank doing content it can do in its sleep.

Huh no. It has pretty much every thing WoW has but under a different name.

Flashpoints = dungeons
Raids = Operations
Org/SW = Fleet
Warzones = Battlegrounds
etc etc

1 Like

There are articles out there that even talked about it back in the day. lol

The talent systems were similar, the play style is similar, raids, dungeons, dailies, weekly events, etc… it’s WoW in Star Wars form.

Nah. Only the first chapters of your MSQ were partially built around your class story. Those were small instanced quests. Everything else was open world questing like in WoW. But it had better elite areas, imo. The raids and dungeons were great and I actually love the PvP in that game.

I don’t follow?

Blizzard is wrong about their bs statements 99% of the time. They are not housing. If you think that is housing compared to every other game on the market then it’s just total delusion at this point. I do not believe every word Blizzard regurgitates from their mouths.

you sound like a lovely team mate.

if there are other games that have such wonderful player housing, why dont you go play one of those and start your house there?

Yes, telling people to go play other games is the best way to handle something that people have requested for 20 years in this game.

I have a better idea. The gear prog players can lose a raid tier or 3 for a full expansion so we can get real casual content including player housing added into this game.

Stop being reductive and dismissive. If you don’t want it in the game then don’t talk about it.

Don’t listen to him, Blizzard didn’t say that.

The guy that designed garrisons specifically said they are not houses. The interview where he said it was even linked.

This guy throws out false statements to see who he can rope in.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, just going to throw him on ignore then lol.

2 Likes

well if blizzard has had roughly 20 years to ponder the idea of implementing player housing but has declined at every opportunity, wouldn’t that tell you that they aren’t going to add player housing?

We do. But if you wanna act intentionally obtuse about it that’s your decision ofc!

Blizz already answered this in the past, because they would have to sacrifice a whole raid tier to do it and it wasn’t something they wanted to do at that time

That being said, they dropped hints to content creators at Blizzcon that it’s on the way, assumedly in Midnight

2 Likes

The Farm was housing too.

Just place the equivalent in a major city.

and why doesnt blizzard want to sacrifice a raid tier?

I’m also part of the aging playerbase and I’m not a GOGOGO type, either. Soon as someone rushes me, I have to suddenly go AFK for an extended piss-and-snack break.

I’m also a no-good stinkin’ RPer, LMAO.

2 Likes

Because at that time, they didn’t want to. Don’t ask me. I’m not in the office.

But I don’t know if you’ve noticed this but they now have sacrificed a raid tier the past two expansions and will only be doing 3 raids for the next 3 expansions. And again, they hinted at player housing coming in the Worldsoul Saga. So looks like they ended up sacrificing those raid tiers for it after all! :slight_smile:

1 Like