A new take on player housing

look, as i said before, blizzard is just a company

every decision made by blizzard is nit-picked by accountants and market managers who provide evidence on whether or not a specific venture (such as player housing) will create a profit for the company.

companies don’t make decisions out of spite, they look to the almighty dollar and the almighty dollar, it would appear, does not come from player housing (otherwise player housing would be the main feature of World of Warcraft).

Player housing exists in such robust states in other MMOs and they are NOT the main features of those MMOs.

ESO, SWTOR, FF14 have amazing player housing systems and it’s not the main feature. AND it makes them money.

WoW’s excuse is born out of laziness and engine issues, most likely. Not out of any corporate jargon you’re incessantly (and wrongly) saying.

1 Like

yes, the shop does exist for a reason and they have put everything they can think of in there from pets to transmogs to tendies to game services and wow tokens.

blizzard spends lots of time deciding what will be put into the wow shop so that they can make a profit… blizzard is a smart company, they have a very large hold of the MMO market, blizzard knows what will or will not make them money.

if player housing would make them money on the wowshop, it would have been put there years ago

Yeah but you got it a long time ago and now you’re old and can do whatever.

These people that are in their 20s and 30s live in moms house and will have nothing by the time they’re your age because they’re more worried about WoW housing than IRL housing.

Instead of putting it on the shop, they could breath some life into professions.

Tailors could craft curtains.
Leather workers can make rugs.
Blacksmith could make frames for furniture.
Engineers could craft lamps.
Alchemist could create dyes and paint.
Herbist could sell potted plants.
etc etc

Edit: they could do multiple sources of decorations. Crafted, Trading Post, drops, the shop… whatever. Sky is the limit.

1 Like

aren’t these MMOs no longer alive and free-to-play without proper support from their creating companies anymore?

maybe they went out of business from spending too much money on player housing and it didnt create any profit for them?

i wouldn’t spend cash on anything besides subscription when i dont’ have the gold to get a token for it. cause i dont’ use my gold for anything in this game, if i want it, i farm it.

but that said, i’d use my gold to get tokens and buy it, not enough games in the launcher for me to keep buying tokens so i need a new reason for it anyways. mounts aren’t enough for me. a nice couch on the other hand, that i can actually sit or lay down on, would be a thing i’d farm for.

oh and blizzard, add an interactive sleep option for beds like chairs have. please and thank you. and double beds so me and the wife can sleep in a double bed when we log out.

she refuses to log out in the middle of nowhere and has to be in a rested with a dang bed. drives me insane.

this doesn’t make any money for blizzard though, unfortunately.

I… what?

Come on, man, at least pretend to be knowledgeable.

You’re either willfully ignorant (a Blizzard shill), a troll, or an actual Blizzard employee posting on an alt.

If it’s the latter, give us proper player housing, already. Pretty please.

but

exactly, putting housing items on the wowshop would very likely not blizzard any money as you so politely exemplified here.

thank you

LMFAO no. I am in my 30s. live in my own house, and would love to have player housing. Also I want you to start in real life with no money right now, and try and find some housing. You don’t get to use any of your work history, so starting from scratch. Let’s see how long it is before you go and ask your mom for a couch to crash on.

They’re still active, wtf?

LMAO ESO just put out a new expansion with another on their way. FF14 is still going strong.

Are you just pretending to be [REDACTED]?

1 Like

then why don’t you play those games and go enjoy the housing over there if they’re still alive and thriving?

ff14 is the reason blizzard is doing anything for solo players at this point because they were on the brink of surpassing them, if they haven’t already. since blizzard won’t release numbers anymore they can’t be all that good.

BS it would make money for Blizzard it would draw older players and many young ones back into the game thus making money from subs to blizzard…

2 Likes

People can play multiple games at any given time, you know. I do play ESO and have a super cool house there.

I’d love to have a super cool house in WoW, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You do realise that Blizzard was planning to create player housing in vanilla WoW, yes?

A very early statement from Blizzard:

Katricia: “Player housing will not be available until after World of Warcraft has been released. Our plan is to add player housing in a future live update or expansion. Our current idea (which could change) is to extend the cities to have player housing neighborhoods. For example, in the canal area of Stormwind players can see a blue instance portal behind a large portcullis; this is the entrance to the player housing neighborhood in Stormwind.”

So they had every intention of doing it but the tech at the time didn’t allow it. However, it is 2024 and the game technology and design and development have gone a long way since then. People seem locked in to this “game engine” thing but if I started listing the number of things we can do now that we could not do in 2005, it would be a wall of text (just think dynamic flight, as one obvious example).

1 Like

This is actually true, yeah. I never thought dynamic flight would be a thing and here it is.

im pretty sure blizzard has market analysts to confirm this sort of information and, if it were true, we would already have player housing.

and they decided to not create player housing because it wouldn’t make them any money, yes?

yeah, nope.