A new take on player housing

Apparently we aren’t part of the player base. Cause I sure didn’t make that claim.

just look at how many raids blizzard creates… there is a reason that raiding is the main focal point for the developer team at blizzard and that is because it makes them the most money…

it makes them the most money because an overwhelmingly large majority of their playerbase wants to engage with the raid.

well what i read in that says they didn’t want regular housing but this version of housing instead so to me that says garrisons is housing. /boggle.

Look, all i can say is that if blizzard thought that making player housing would create a profit for them, they would do it in a heartbeat.

but the fact that player housing hasn’t been added since garrisons shows that blizzard knows it won’t make them any money.

I’d argue most people do M+ and not Raids.

In fact, most concurrent WoW players are probably playing other games.

It literally can. So easily.

Honestly, I think it’s the engine and not anything do with with the excuse of “We can’t divert resources to this” or “it won’t make any money.”

Still possible to do. WoW’s engine makes it hard.

yeah i would agree with that, definitely… very well-said

I really don’t get how you make that connection when they literally said:

So yeah I’m “boggling” too.

blizzard is a company and companies make decisions based on how much profit it will create for them.

the fact that this has been discussed by the blizzard development team publicly means that they have looked at player housing, decided that it will cause them to lose money and have decided to not do it.

dude, pick any raid, remove it. add housing. i’m a happier player. and i’m not even a huge housing fan.

they dont’ want to skip a raid tier because they think losing out on one tier would cost them more players than housing. yet i’m willing to bet no money cause it’ll cost blizzard more, that it would draw in way more players than they lose for 3 months if they did implement a really good basic housing system. the system itself has to be done right, the decors will come with time. the system is the vastly more important part to have it at the standard blizzard should be working at.

maybe you are, but you are simply just one sub fee… what about the millions of other players that also pay a sub fee to engage with the raids?

then again, the vast majority of players don’t even raid. i dont’ count lfr as raiding. so i doubt the majority would agree with you. considering even the majority of raiders wouldnt’ raid if it wasn’t for the gear itself and the gear wouldnt’ be there so they wouldn’t care. they’d probably appreciate a break at this point to focus on what they prefer to do.

Speaking from experience, because I did get into a childish mud slinging match with that guy, I would just not engage with him.

All he does is cherry pick your posts and never responds to your actual point.

Just some friendly advice.

2 Likes

Wow, you seem to know a LOT about the inner-workings of Blizzard.

Ion, is that you? Stop being lazy and give us housing, already.

1 Like

exactly.

blizzard makes decisions based on how much money they will make. they decided to add more raids and not player housing, why? because raids make them money and player housing does not make them money.

lol i figured that out awhile ago but it keeps me talking about this and i’ve had a few so i’m good.

1 Like

Cast your mind back to MoP. There is a location called Halfhill, and in Halfill is a little thing players can create called Sunsong Ranch. It is a small phased area you get access to by doing some questing, and along the way you improve it by creating and managing plots. You can invite NPCs there (including your dog) and you help the farmer tidy up his house and make it look nice. You learn to improve it with irrigation and pest control and you can buy ploughs to make farming easier, along with seeds of a variety of crops. You also got access to a type of mission board to grow certain things for groups of NPCs.

That - not the garrison - was a nascent player housing. Had they just made it possible to enlarge the house and add items to its decorations, it would have been a simple, but fullblown player housing.

Please do not talk to me about “limitations of WoW’s engine”. If it can create Sunsong Ranch, it can create player housing.

if the development team at blizzard ever came across evidence that player housing would create a profit for them, then they would do it in a heartbeat…

blizzard is just a company and companies make decisions based on money.

but they think wrong, they think that because ion is obsessed and only really plays end game group content. he’s a bad choice to be making any decisions outside of end game group content and he should be self aware enough to understand that and get out of his own way for the betterment of wow overall.

why is a raid logger like ion involved in non group end game content in the first place.

Not sure about not making them money, but it’s definitely an unknown and they evidently prefer to be safe. As much as you wanna hate on blizzard, their raids are next to none.

The shop exists for a reason. Housing assets can be put in the shop for real money and thousands of people will buy stuff.

Myself including.

RP servers are also a thing where people would kill for housing assets.

Blizzard has been losing money for over a decade now. Something like player housing would be a risk to breathe new life in the game.

Raid tiers, new dungeons, etc. just don’t cut it, anymore.

1 Like