A New Hope

You want to talk screwed, just look at Dwarves. We got next to nothing new. More Wrinkly faces in slightly darker skin tones. An 2 new hair styles. That’s it!

Not really sure what you mean when they have war paint that allows them to be wildhammer, which is something people asked for.

1 Like

They did get all those tattoo options. Though even that’s bittersweet. On one hand, I can finally look like a Wildhammer. On the other, it pretty much kills the notion of a Wildhammer AR. So, no Dorf Druids to right the faction imbalance :pensive:

3 Likes

Not interesting enough without proper faces to wear that paint ON!

Anduin suffers the same problem Sylvanas does. They both became Narrative Blackholes and just suck everything else out of the story. Doesn’t help that the narrative bends itself constantly to make sure Anduin is always in the right.

7 Likes

Yeah it was terrible.

“We are not defined by this curse” Yes we are Lorna. And that’s fine. Never liked being a human anyways, and i’m not gonna pretend I am one now.

4 Likes

:gift_heart:

Yep! Racial pride at it’s finiest! I love it, thank you Blizzard, I am glad you think Worgen were basically a mistake that should die out.

Tess Greymane. She said it, not Lorna.

But I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate the heritage quest line. I get it, the GIlnean heritage is being Gilnean, but the quest should have been all about how they have taken the curse and made it their strength, THAT is what defines them now.

Forsaken can probably look forward to a similar heritage quest. Calia will teach them how their curse of undeath doesn’t define them, it is their heritage as people of Lordaeron that defines them.

8 Likes

Itt: Worgen players headcannon clashing with established lore since Cataclysm.

3 Likes

No we aren’t. We’re Gilinean. Worgen is WHAT we are but Gilnean is WHO we are.
And not all Gilnean are Worgen so the Curse does not define us all.

1 Like

The curse was effectively neutered in the starting zone 8 years ago so I’m not sure why people are surprised by the questline.

If you hate that facet I’m confused how you could really even enjoy the Worgen at this point.

2 Likes

I don’t get these haters who believe that just because Worgen don’t fit into their narrowly defined concept of what a Werewolf is (we aren’t werewolvs, btw) that somehow “everything is ruined, WAHHH!!!”

1 Like

We’re angry at how Blizz handles the Monster Races. If it’s not human, it’s pretty much guaranteed blizz will either crap all over your fav race or outright ignore them, except for comedic purpose Looking at you gnomes and goblins.

7 Likes

It kinda got semi-soft-retconned in Wolfheart to where the ritual of balance just helped stabilize you, but the threat of suffering ego death if you get too angry is supposed to still be there. But since that book came out 9 years ago and it doesn’t seem like the concept has been touched since, it does seem like the whole idea got neutered into just being a defective night elf druid form. And given that night elves themselves were supposed to be the “feral” race among the alliance, it seems like the worgen are stuck either being “Stormwind in a different time period” or “night elf animal companion” with a dash of “representing what used to be an orcish wild god”.

16 Likes

You’re missing the entire point at why the heritage armor quest aggravates us than. We didn’t sign up to play worgen, just to be told they’re Nothing more than humans with a skin condition

Literally none of the concepts blizzard promised us were ever developed, like wondering how much humanity was left within us or how worgen were supposed to be the Vicious Race as a counter to the orcs.

7 Likes

I really sympathize with you guys. This is absolutely dreadful and frustrating. It shows that Blizzard writers are only comfortable with writing humans or human-like races.

9 Likes

I have no problem with nationalism- in fact, I am a nationalist, and think everyone should be a nationalist; however, when you make a character, you don’t “select a nation” you pick a race, which in this game the “races” have a majority population with certain characteristics, specifically in this case, the Worgen are Worgen. They are werewolf-people. THAT’s what makes them cool.

It’s the same with the Forsaken- Lordaeron stuff is good, but Undead-Lordaeron is better. It’s fine that the Worgen recognize their human past, that’s important, just like it is for the Forsaken, but that doesn’t mean that Worgenism is undesirable, or something they need to try to cure, or overcome so they can go back to being boring humans.

If that’s the case, maybe humans need to go back to their roots to show that being human is all about being a titan robot.

8 Likes

Have no idea how aggravating that is for so many of us :gift_heart:

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea that there are some who hate being Worgen and want to be cured, I mean realistically that would be the case as not everyone would want to deal with the curse of being a worgen. However, the main theme of the Worgen race should be that they are the Gilnean people who have become cursed to be monsters, but they have taken that curse and made it their strength.

Blizzard has failed in that regard, they make the worgen curse out to be bad and like something that will die out in one generation once all the current worgen die. And rather than them being the vicious, dark, “monsters” of the Alliance Blizzard has made them nothing more than furry Stormwind Humans (going as far as to make our flag have the stormwind logo) who just sits around drinking tea.

4 Likes

Right, and that’s the same with the Forsaken, too, you have the guys that went to the Argent Crusade, and so on, but the core group learns to deal with their condition, and move on.
The Mecha-gnomes too, now that I think about it… they were done dirty too. When the fanbase requested Mecha-gnomes, I’m 99% sure it’s because WANTED TO BE ROBOT-GNOMES, and not gnomes that were sad about becoming robots. (Maybe Exacitor can verify?).

Rule of cool caused some minor problems, but lately they have completely thrown it out the window.

3 Likes