A New Hope

This quest is now finally available in game, despite having been in the files since 8.1.5.

https://i.imgur.com/aEalkVM.jpg

Named people in the crowd are:

Malfurion Stormrage
Shandris Feathermoon
Maiev Shadowsong
Archmage Mordent Evenshade
Celestine of the Harvest
Lorna Crowley
Princess Tess Greymane
Mia Greymane
Genn Greymane
Sentinel Cordressa Briarbow
Moon Priestess Lasara
Thisalee Crow

22 Likes

Sorry im not clued in. What is happening?

Alliance Darkshore victory quest and cinematic.

6 Likes

Glorious “revenge for Teldrassil” as the devs call it.

another great victory for the Night Elves, cinematic created in 5 minutes

11 Likes

https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-NAm9sDr92fksw

25 Likes

Over a year and a half at least, as it’s been in the game since March 2019:

It is a period of world war.
Alliance soldiers, striking
from a hidden base have won
their first victory against
the evil Sylvanas’ Horde.

During the battle Night Elf
Sentinels managed to steal secret
plans to the Horde’s
ultimate weapon, the
FORSAKEN BLIGHT, an acidic
plague with enough power to
destroy an entire city.

Pursued by the Horde’s
sinister agents, Shandris
Feathermoon races home atop her
nightsaber, custodian of the
stolen plans that can save
her people and restore
freedom to Darkshore…

23 Likes

Amusingly the Night Elves do un-blight Darkshore, most noteably the blighted Moonwell at Bashal’Aran.

8 Likes

Then… The most thing feared of all. Wall’d cosmetics appeared. They had divided the people more than any war fought before.

1 Like

Not so much walled, as I already have three Nightwreathed Watchers, and now about to have fourteen more that I won’t even know what to do with.

By now, I don’t even remember what point I needed this quest fully in-game and canon to prove, anymore.

Edit: Oh yeah, someone was claiming the Gilneans didn’t really contribute to the Battle for Darkshore. And when I pointed out that they’re in both the Warfront and A New Hope, they said Warfront NPCs didn’t count 'cus reasons, and A New Hope was NYI, and thus, not canon.

13 Likes

There have been people who were unhappy that one would only know that the Alliance won Darkshore if they payed attention to information from outside the game, with the knowledge coming from an even more niche source as a Q&A answer from Blizzcon.

Now Alliance players can see it in game directly.

9 Likes

No resolution quest for Arathi though is there?

1 Like

No quest that I know of, but supposedly Turalyon will mention having reclaimed Stromgarde.

But, right now, though Turalyon is sitting on the throne in Stormwind, he doesn’t have any text interactions. I’ll check again once the pre-expansion event becomes active.

2 Likes

Cool.

…does the Horde get some kind of speech?

3 Likes

No, the Horde gets CGI cinematics instead

20 Likes

What?

But I hate Saurfang. He sucks.

6 Likes

You’re also getting tons of Sylvanas cinematics

Meanwhile the Alliance can consider themselves lucky to have their version of baine (anduin) included in a Horde cinematic

8 Likes

Sylvanas isn’t horde anymore last I checked.

11 Likes

She’s a Horde character, going neutral to become a great savior of the universe doesn’t mean that she’s not a Horde character anymore. Or is Malfurion not an Alliance character because he was neutral most of the time?

Sylvanas also got several cinematics while she was Horde only while genociding the Alliance, how many cinematics did night elves get for example?

11 Likes