A New Class Means a New Class Color!

This is really bad color. should have been another shade of red/pink or gold. please remake you still have 1.5 years :frowning:

Dragons and dragon magic strike me more as a red.

I wonā€™t lose sleep over it.

2 Likes

Black was my thought as well

It stands out and itā€™s a nice color. I think it works.

Grey, Blizzard, as the logo of the expansionā€¦ Not a 3rd greenā€¦

Nice choice, color of my fave hockey team.

I think they look distinct, but I personally do not have colour blindness.

I saw a lot of the arguments above about colour blindness.

I do have a family member that is very badly colour blind they constantly ask what colour something is. I asked them to come over and look at the colours up above. They told me the dragon one looks very distinct. If fact they were surprised that all the colours look distinct to them, which is usually not the case. They have blue/green colour blindness. I did this out of curiosity.

I think Bliz did a pretty good job if my family member can tell it apart. :rofl:

I know colour blindness can be different for different peopleā€¦

Green is my favourite colour! But I do think that this hews a bit too closely to Monkā€¦

I would have gone with Gold, myself, as seen on much of the draconic adornments weā€™ve seen this far.

Yes. Yes it does. Honestly of all the class/color combos that one is the most ā€œthis just makes senseā€ to me.

I agree that green is a little weird, but it definitely looks more different from monk than gold would look from rogueā€™s yellow.

Depends on the shade. Real, pale gold? Yeah, that might be too close. But the gaudy, neon gold we see on the dragons? That would stand out.

I saw someone mention a suggestion on I think youtube yesterday that sounds good:

Why not darken the death knight color (like you lightened the warlock one when DHs were added) and add a lighter red for Evoker?

2 Likes

Iā€™m color blind and Hunter/Monk, Mage/Warlock and Shaman/DH color pairs look the same to me even with the colorblind mode set up so I can tell the difference between Rare and Epic items quality (which has always been my biggest issue). Iā€™m very happy that the Evoker color is distinctly different than every other class and that it stands out to me on itsā€™ own.

Another option to add to the class colors could be a background hatch of different styles. That way there are two methods built in simultaneously to differentiate the classes. I donā€™t imagine that would be popular for everyone so maybe add it as a toggleable option. Or even better let us choose our own colors!!

1 Like

There are two blue classes already too.

I think they could have done a coral or salmon color for evoker and it would still stand out from DK but even then they could also darken DK a little to help out. Three greenish specs doesnā€™t seem right to me

1 Like

Nobody on the art team was like hey we might be overusing greens a bit, lol.

hmm can we put it to a community vote on the forums forā€¦ some different colors? like give us a few swatches of color to choose from, im not a fan of another green that ill mistake for monk at a glance.

I think the M+ vote proved that doesnā€™t work.

Thatā€™s a good idea,imho.

Should do a unique twilight or chromatic drake coloration, really make it stand out. Green is overused and its nearly visually identical to monk.