A New Class Means a New Class Color!

Seems clear to me.

But I also don’t like the color they chose I was hoping for a dark grey

From the actual in-game color used, such as shown in the in-game raid frame picture provided by Blizzard, it is extremely easily discernable with a quick glance, one is very dark and one is not.

Now that said, for the color blind it could definitely be better, and there is merit to the it may be an issue where it blends with an ‘out of range’ monk.

However as far as not out of range, and someone that is not color blind? No questions asked easy to tell.

So plain white screams “priest” and pink makes you think of paladins?

IMO Make the DK’s black and give Evokers Red. Let the Ebon Blade be, well, Ebon.

If someone who knew little about WoW saw people excited about a color of a class, they’d think we’re crazy. It’s kind of funny that way. Looks great though.

Am I the the only one who thinks since they are a ranged caster and the term evoker is more a mage kinda thing that it should be somewhere on the blue scale? Like navy blue or something? It would be more unique and stand out more. We got two classes represented by green already.

The color is too close to other classes.

it just looks like a mage with a dimmed screen

A different shade of red feels more draconic to me, but that is just me. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

haha yea dark green, i called that!

Dating myself a bit here, but…

I didn’t expect the Evoker color to so closely match the Windows 95/98 default desktop color.

4 Likes

Yea idk why they chose this color. I’m guessing green reminds them of dragons or something

I am colorblind, so this is likely wrong, but that is Druid, Warrior or Hunter (I will have to mouseover to see for certain), Monk, Rogue and Mage.

It’s Death Knight, Warrior, Evoker, Rogue, and Demon Hunter.

Like I said, class icons next to names as an in-game setting would go a long way.

1 Like

I love the new color!

Are we ever going to get a say in how this new class is designed? Our feedback was completely ignored on which class would be added.

The color you guys chose is a bad choice and the new class should be able to tank

Are you sure about this? It doesn’t really stand out. I thought it was monk at first. There’s a lot of standout colors you could use. A darker monk just, I dunno. The whole Rogue though Evoker feels real samey. But whatever, I guess.

Now that’s a blast from the past!

Because the color swatch does not match the color as it shows in-game, they also posted the in-game raid frame colors, which shows the dark green it is that cannot be mistaken for anything else (besides possibly an out of range monk, or if color blind)

Yeah when it’s right next to a monk it’s easy. If it’s just by itself in chat or something it’ll be a lot harder to tell.

1 Like