A New Class Means a New Class Color!

Kelly Green.

CALLED IT!

Eh, i would have gone with something reddish, personally, but it doesn’t matter much at the end of the day.

1 Like

To be honest I think I’ll just confuse this for an out of range monk :pensive:

3 Likes

False, they are replacing you. You are light Evoker. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I love the color.

Maybe I am color blind but that looks almost exactly the same as the monk one how can you even tell that apart?

Should be another color completely.

3 Likes

Wow. That is the exact color I was thinking of. Like my silk green 2002 mini Cooper.

The GBIV part of the rainbow is covered pretty well. Need some more love for the ROY. :slight_smile: :rainbow:

The colors aren’t meant to represent the class’s aesthetic. They’re just meant to be distinct enough to be identifiable.

There is absolutely nothing about the rogue aesthetic that uses bright yellow.

I also guessed another shade of green:

I was wrong about only Monks being Green though, as someone pointed out.

I’ve always felt the Green they use for Hunters is somewhere between Green and Brown, so I often mistake it for a Brownish color.

1 Like

That’s cool and all… but I was fully expecting it to be a chromatic gradient, given how excited your VFX crew was about having multiple colours representing the different flights in the spell animations.

Meanwhile… do you mind adding cosmetic change items that alter our attack animations? That’d be sweet. I’d farm frozen snails all day long if it meant I could get a new animation for Frost Strike.

1 Like

It honestly looks a lot like an out of range monk, might cause some confusion

1 Like

Respectfully, I don’t think this works.

Like, yes, when all of the classes are together in a group, it’s noticeable.

But if an evoker or monk join and there isn’t the other? I won’t know. The colors are too similar that without the other there as a comparison, I won’t be able to tell.

Could we possibly get an in-game option to add a class icon next to the name in the raid profiles (and even in chat)? This would probably help people who are colorblind as well.

EDIT: And as Polyhedra said above, it’s almost identical to what a monk looks like out of range.

3 Likes

Ya, I’m not a fan, should be a variant of a red colour.

Green already has 2 classes under it’s umbrella. There’s lots of room in the red/orange/yellow area. Why add a 3rd green class? Black makes sense since their specs are focused on either red/blue or yellow/green. Granted no class really is represented by their color except for maybe Priests and Hunters. A lot of people associate dragons with red, why not add that? Or maybe even an orange to show a ‘union’ of the two specs red & yellow?

3 Likes

Id like to point out that the Chromatic Dragonflight that Nefarian created was a very dark purple/maroonish colour… which would suit the evoker and be a lot less confusing than a slightly darker monk. I guarantee people are going to confuse the two at the initial glance, which shouldnt be a problem when there are so many colour options to pick from.

A good example of why this isn’t the right choice:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/609212795522777089/966424270550990908/unknown.png

First Glance. Is that an evoker or a monk?

If you sat there and looked at it, you’d probably figure it out, but the class colors should be identifiable at a glance, as you said in the OP.

7 Likes

it’s bad, please change it

2 Likes

Yeah, as someone with deuteranopia this is a really bad choice imo. A third green class is not a good call, especially when the accessibility options for colourblindness in WoW don’t even affect the problem colours.

1 Like

I can’t tell the difference between monk and dragon color looks too similar.