A New Class Means a New Class Color!

Everything. Pansies

1 Like

that color is reserved for players with terrible internet

11 Likes

The problem with black (and any super dark shade for that matter) is that it becomes very easy for the associated bars and minimap icons to blend in with their surroundings.

Grey might also be an issue since various shades already denote players who have disconnected, died, or are out of range.

1 Like

I’ll always be angry about it.
But I’ll have my victory - when DH’s are mad that the Dragon race can also glide (would be kinda dumb if they cant, anyways).

As someone who is red-green colorblind, I would personally prefer if we didn’t have 3 different green classes. However, I actually can see this evoker color more distinctly and would rather see the hunter color changed since I have experienced issues differentiating between hunter with both rogue and monk. Looking at the spectrum above, I think a dark brown would be distinct enough from the existing classes.

Also, while we are talking about color, back during Castle Nathria there was a hotfix that changed Sire Denathrius’s mechanics to have some abilities be more orange so that all the overlapping red didn’t make it near impossible to see. On the other hand, Sepulcher has a number of these problematic overlaps that seem to be unnoticed. Skolex has blue-on-blue which is exacerbated by all the Night Fae ground effects (Shaman, DK, and Hunter particularly) making it really hard to see blue swirls. Similarly, Lords of Dread has 2 kinds of light-green circles and 2 kinds of purple circles. Besides just the visual complication, it has also been difficult to explain mechanics within my raid team when some purple needs to be avoided and some needs to be soaked.

I’m less concerned with actually fixing Sepulcher and rather hoping that this issue can be avoided in the future. Personally, I’d love a return to the color system used in Antorus where nearly every fight used a mix of red, green, and purple which meant it mechanics overlaps were still very easy to see. I understand that in Shadowlands that colors were tied to the covenants, but having player and boss abilities all use the same shades of green/blue/red has been a real downside of SL.

3 Likes

teal, nice
do like

Already confirmed they can https://youtu.be/bMKKjtXL6j8?t=952 (described as demon hunter glide++ by Ion)

2 Likes

you can die in raid and then you will be black.

1 Like

Still think it’s a bad idea to have drakthyr locked to a single class. Gave them more class options.

The colour should be a rainbow–because of the chromatic nature of the 5 dragonflights coming together.

Well, not exactly a rainbow. We’d be missing colours.

Anyway, it’d be pretty. I like this new colour too though!

1 Like

Also, I agree with Greatbrae, only because Evoker cannot tank so the new race is locked out of an entire role. Feels bad as a tank to not be able to play a race that looks so cool.

Give them warriors so they have a tank option! <3

1 Like

Imo, something closer to salmon/coral would have been the better choice. This looks too close to monk.

https://www.colorhexa.com/fa8072.png

5 Likes

Dractyr’s form is the base form, there would be no point in not using it in combat. in addition, several Evoker skills are linked to being a dragon, after all Evoker is the dragon class.
do you think it would be cool to have an orc flying over the battlefield while breathing fire? or a gnome swiping his tail?

Not only that, but it makes little sense that a tough scaled, brutally strong dragon creature don’t want to be in the front lines at all and won’t learn how to fight beyond giving the foe bad breath.

Ion was asked by Hazelnutty in an interview if Dracthyr would be able to fly outside of Dragon Isle zones without a mount. He said it’d be like a, “an enhanced form of gliding. It’s like Demon Hunter, but plus, plus with cool momentum and physics”.

So there you go.

1 Like

They use emerald style healing powers and a lot of their dps spells are green also. Makes sense to me I guess.

Mint flavour. Tasty! :stuck_out_tongue:

With that raidframe effect around it, I can see it being a bit too close to a hunter with lower contrast or low vibrance setting on a monitor.

Too close to Monk! Should be red!

Ummm
 okay.

So three greens.

I guess you don’t like cerise. Or peach. Or apricot.

4 Likes