A Monday Maintenance?

yeah…that bad luck voodoo maintenance stuff
always seems to wash over me as well.

lol.

WoW is not their only game or service where players are inconvenienced. You realize the people who are doing Blizzard datacenter service maintenance are not the same people who are doing WoW-specific maintenance on Tuesdays, right? It’s not the same kind of maintenance.

Maybe your not understanding. Ill try again.

Imagine you order a pizza (WoW) from your fave shop (Blizzard) and its open 24/7 except for Tuesday (Maint) to clean its pizza oven. This maint time is dependant on how dirty said oven is. (Restart = an hour, new patch = 4-8 hours).

Imagine the power company (Data center) needs to do some maint (monday maint). The shop cannot open to clean its oven at said time beecause there isnt a way to power the oven for its clean.

1 Like

Better than back in the old days when I first started playing WoW in 04 on my old account when some servers would not have any maintenance for months and others were down back-to-back and many servers had way more bugs than others. This must mean they are getting ready for an exceptional prelaunch event. They have done this before sometimes.

I feel you. I deliberately plan around maintenance. It’s annoying to lose half the day to this. Why not just do it tomorrow during the regular maintenance time? When we all expect it…

1 Like

This is completely wrong. Every server went down on a Tuesday. All of them. Some servers would need additional downtime due to the server size or specific issues with that one.

2 Likes

I forgot the servers were going to be down :cry:

Severs are up anyways. So stop complaining.

I wasnt complaining.

If you deliberately plan around maintenance, then you would’ve seen the notice that’s been up for at least 4 days now letting you know there would be overall bnet maintenance today.

ALL of Blizzard’s games & services are down today for this scheduled maintenance that they have been advertising for several days.

1 Like

This is the most brilliant analogy btw

1 Like

Indeed, “planned” maintenance. I didn’t plan for it!

(this is sarcasm)

1 Like

but the login server is not

will we ever get to play? this is ridiculous.

That takes a lot of nerve to call the devs lazy for trying to maintain a normal sleep schedule.

I haven’t had much fun on WoW for a bit until last night. Was some decent world pvp action going on & kept me up really late. I thought to myself, SELF!..Give WoW another chance, go all in again. I been in & out for like 20 years sure why not. Get up this morning thinking il play some more WoW, last night was really fun… Boom, MAINTENANCE!

just tried logging in and got error code: 8675309 ?

5 Likes

Yea I just logged in and then it booted me out to the Connecting screen until it sits there for a little while and then says You have been disconnected from the server. Now all down still. So bad.

And I don’t think this is for the prepatch prep as all the Classics are now down too.
You have been disconnected (BLZ519016) it now says.

I mean all kinds of servers need maintenance sometimes and today they had to maintain the login servers. It’s not their fault our lives revolve around a video game.

Still, I feel cranky about it lol.

I think some of you guys need addiction therapy.

This maintenance has nothing to do with wow.

This maintenance isn’t being done by wows maintenance people.

They very most likely have their reasons for not doing them at the same time. Much like combo devices, when you do multiple things at once the chance of one breaking another gets higher. There’s a really good chance they literally can’t do them at the same time.

Server isn’t guaranteed to be up 24/7 as per terms and conditions.

Just chill out and enjoy the weather/read a book/catch up on a series /take a shower /play with the pets.

It’ll be back before ya know it.

1 Like