A Monday Maintenance?

weird. and its at such a weird time.

4 Likes

Given we are in the lead up to the pre-patch events, there are probably going to be more would be my guess, especially data base work leading up to the testing of the warbands being implemented.

14 Likes

This right here. Warbands are a huge fundamental change to the spaghetti code, they need to do the most maintenance possible to get it functional for prepatch day. I’m honestly not expecting the servers to be playable at all the day of prepatch due to the amount of data merging that needs to occur the first time everyone logs into their account.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking with the window for pre launch.

just found out this is for every game on bnet. everything will be down like d4 is from 6am to 11am, and the rest are 6:30am to 10am.

1 Like

This is sad. That timeframe is my prime gaming time on my days off :frowning:

I didn’t realize the timeframe when I first saw the disclaimer.

6 Likes

Players in games that are not fully brought offline may experience limited features / services such as: matchmaking, starting new multiplayer games, completing in-game purchases.

7 Likes

Honestly they should load our accounts internally and prepare all that stuff on their time. They own the accounts, so it’s not like they’re breaching privacy or anything.

Why make us do it?

1 Like

They same reason we PTR/beta test, why pay someone to do it when the players will do it for free?

1 Like

Then it’s probably a b .net thing more than a prepatch/tww thing

Now that I read the article posted, I don’t think it’s that anymore, especially because it’s across all games.

They do have the PTR set up to test this system though.

I would imagine pre-patch day maintainence will run long though. Calling it 7am to 3pm now.

2 Likes

It’s not so much about the system itself, but the millions of players that will login for the first time at roughly the same time and the account data download happens. I think just the sheer volume from that will cause major server instabilities. PTR gets a fraction of the players live does, and they rarely due stress tests.

I’m hoping I’m wrong, but I’m interested to see how July 23rd goes (assuming that is the prepatch date).

1 Like

It seems like we’re having “scheduled” maintenance outside the regular change window on a more frequent basis, which I am not a fan of. I hope updates, etc. can get back to normal, predictable maintenance/downtime schedule soon. I prefer a regularly scheduled maintenance window rather than changes on any day/time of the week. I’ve also notice quality is slipping, with (albeit) small bugs/errors creeping in that never used to make it to production (e.g. every time I return to Valdrakken, from a BG or Arena, I’ve got my fishing gear on). Nothing but an irritant, but an example of things that didn’t used to make it into the game. There are other nuisance items that made it to Prod, but the point is that quality seems to have taken a bit of a dip, however, that may just be my perspective.

5 Likes

Could also be that early Tuesday morning is no longer the lowest traffic time after two decades

All i want to know if i can get a refund for time down?

2 Likes

Unless maintenance happens at 9PM at night, then it won’t affect me. My only blessing for typical game time which also (not including me) is prime raid time

I’m sure there are other games to play, in the meantime

:crab: :ocean: :crab: :ocean:

Maybe they’re bulking up the servers so they don’t have a terrible xpac launch again.

2 Likes

Ahh yeah Mondays zzzzzzz

no refund for you.

1 Like

Don’t think this is pre patch stuff quite yet, that hits next month. They’re probably tweaking things in Remix for all we know or idk…finally fixing bugs they’ve ignored despite that being unlikely some days