A Monday Maintenance?

Or…We are getting ready for a new expansion and downtimes like this happen before the pre launch events

If you’re paying full price ($14.99 per month) for your WoW sub, you’re paying two cents ($0.02) per hour to play WoW.

So, no.

1 Like

it isnt how much it costs us(the majority of wowsters) its what it costs us and not their pets on west coast, they never lose game time they dont get up til 1pm pst… the devs cant stay up late or get their lazy selves up earlier…ooooo nooo make everyone pay for their laziness and lose our game time

1 Like

You uh, wanna keep going on how entitled you think you are? Or was this an attempt at joking, I really can’t tell :rofl:

Asking if I should get more popcorn ready to go for this.

1 Like

Quietly hoping that they’re slipping weapon Arsenals we can buy for Bronze into Remix with this maintenance as I must be cursed…my warrior keeps getting staves rather than the other weapons

Cata and classic down too so not pre patch stuff… is there still going to be maintenance tomorrow?

Isn’t this what TUESDAY’s are for?? How many more days do we have to pay for and give up if we start taking this as ‘acceptable’?? Really annoyed.

3 Likes

For normal game maint, yes they typically do that on Tuesday.

This is a major Database update that impacts all games and services. Not something standard.

They have it posted on the Service Annoucements breaking news

On June 24th, 2024 we will be performing necessary datacenter maintenance which will affect most Blizzard games and services. While this maintenance is primarily focused on Battle.net infastructure in the Americas region, we anticipate that there will be disruptions across multiple global services such as logins, account management, and the Battle.net shop.

Players in games that are not fully brought offline may experience limited features / services such as: matchmaking, starting new multiplayer games, completing in-game purchases.

Maintenance Start Time: 6:30 AM PDT
Maintenance End Time: 10:00 AM PDT

WoW has had down times for 20 years. Used to be all day Tuesday, multiple other days per week when things broke, etc. These days the down times are pretty short, and not that frequent. Infrequent enough that people seem to really notice when it happens and get upset.

Don’t worry though, you are paying the same Sub you did in 2004 for a game that is a lot more stable now than it was then. Maint down time is factored into our sub cost already. It is an expected part of the game structure.

Enjoy your off hours doing something relaxing, or productive if you prefer.

5 Likes

whys it effect cata?

It impacts Cata because all the games use the Datacenter that is undergoing Maintenance. ALL services used there, that have data there, are impacted. Every Blizzard game and service.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if other game studios that Microsoft has bought have had their login management systems eventually merged into the Microsoft infrastructure? Or have they remained independent islands?

And yet so many people in the universe complain about starting from a new foundation with WoW 2.

Seems to have more upside than downside to me.

I’m imagining Marve building his furniture tower to get out of the basement in Home Alone 2 with the new WoW coding and their hands on hips achievement moment when servers launch.

I’d be okay with Monday maintenance if they weren’t going to do more of it tomorrow, which we all know they will.

5 Likes

maybe they’re going under…i wonder if they’ll refund war within
preprepre purchases.

1 Like

yep…this is a good point.

Every blizzard hosted game. All of them. Outside of WoW’s control.

WoW only and possibly just a standard server restart. The only one controlled by WoW.

Specifically, work neeeded on WoW servers for WoW things is done every single week.

Data centre maint = something that allows every blizz customer to connect to a server and also where all of its data is stored for every game, needs maint - im not aware of this happing on this scale before, ever.

Gee, then perhaps the smart thing to have done would be to do this data center maintenance on Tuesday, ya’ think? Then WoW players won’t have to deal with downtime two days instead of just one.

3 Likes

i’m with you…
but …i’m afraid you’re employing that
logic stuff…and that will simply not do!

1 Like

Maintenance is always somehow on my day off of work. How is that even possible? Doesn’t matter what my job was, where I was working in the world, it has always been 100% guaranteed that if I have a random day off of work & wanted to play some WoW, the servers will be down for maintenance. Its more accurate than a clock.

1 Like

Today’s maintenance is not about WoW, nor is it WoW specific. It’s maintenance of ALL of Blizzard services and infrastructure and affects ALL of their games and services.

So yes, there will be the usual WoW-specific downtime tomorrow, because that is a different maintenance than today’s maintenance.