A lot of Night Elves on Story forum :)

Up until the forums were redone, ending your sub meant that your forum access was read-only.

Unless you got the bug, which I did, and then you could till post regardless.

2 Likes

I really quite liked how they made Zin’Azshari so glorious it made the Old Gods angry with salty jealously, because it rivalled The Black Empires :joy:

1 Like

That’s actually the nicest part of Nazjatar lol.

Wish the whole zone would have been Zin’ashari

5 Likes

Now that I think of it, Night Elves get some of the best music in the game. Nightsong(the Ysera and Darkshore remixes), Zin-Azshari, Ashenvale, etc. It’s all amazing.

10 Likes

I was unsubbed since April and I think like a few weeks ago I was unable to ever post again until I resubbed just recently.

Could have been a forum malfunction though since I couldn’t post even when I resubbed either and had to sign out and back in again.

Agreed. I also particularly loved Blizzards job of making it look like stars are shining in the roof tops when the light hits it on certain angles. Was very well done.

2 Likes

They really do. It’s why I wish there was a “portable” version of the
 Gnomish jukebox thing from the Garrison. The name escapes me. I keep wanting to say Orchestrion, but that’s FFXIV.

2 Likes

don’t ever talk about fireplaces in their presence, they get mad at the sound of fire. or tree burning

Shout out to WC3’s Nelf music. I cannot wait for a remastering of this.

9 Likes

So when WoW was first announced, I played a zelda knock off MMO game where we made our own graphics and our own lore. We had a massive flood and all of the races had to build ships and get out of dodge to survive.

I didn’t know much about Warcraft, but youtube had the Ashenvale theme up, so I listened to it a lot, even though I led an orc tribe. I didn’t really know much about night elves, but it seemed suitably epic at the time.

1 Like

The end of WC3, the original time that Malfurion made Archimonde explode with wisps, best cinematic ever.

2 Likes

I’m just mad Blizzard made Night Elves a peaceful hippie people that always need the humans to defend themself when in Warcraft 3 Night Elves were savage, ruthless and no push over, I know they were broken in terms of power but really Blizzard made the Zandalari like The Night Elves were back then
 I mean Zandalari have Loa and all that stuff but Night Elves have Wild Beasts and Elune, I don’t think they needed to turn into the Night Warrior to be more savage. They wouldn’t even lose Ashenvale to the Horde in the first place, I want to see Malfurion as he really is in that 8.1 cinematic pretty much a semi god like Thrall and Jaina. If the story was more realistic these characters can rip Sylvannas off easily even Tyrande now, Sylvannas is in the level of Genn and I would love for the 2 of them to kill each other one day and that would be a perfect end of the Gilnean conflict.

3 Likes

It is indeed amusing how NE can go against The Burning Legion and Old Gods but so much of an Orc peon shows up and they become useless.

Incoming DroitĂ© post lauding the Horde’s technological advantage. As if the ramshackle piles of bolts can’t be blasted apart with lunar magic, when the plot doesn’t conveniently require you to lose to stroke the Horde’s power fantasy.

5 Likes

Blizz did good on the push of Horde to Darkshore as you say the Goblin Tech proved effective against their nature defenses and I’m fine that we lost that battle because it was the entire Horde army versus Night Elves just a race of the Alliance and took them a lot of casualties and time to defeat them and only because Saurfang found a way through the mountains. But overall from Vanilla to Cata NE are lame.

1 Like

The nelves didnt have the whole army there, it was just the homeguard

1 Like

Yup most of them were in Silithus but still The entire Horde was needed to defeat an unprepared Night Elf resist and took them a lot of time. They need to put NE as more agressive and more powerful like back in WC3 not scared of an stupid orc.

3 Likes

The fact that they called Tyrande a “queen,” I think, was the tip off that no one was really paying serious attention to the Kaldorei.

3 Likes

Yeah, thats kinda silly if they continue on with the “queen” notion with Tyrande.

2 Likes