A look at the future of the Forsaken - Support For Calia ♕

Alliance bias is the problem.

You mean while Sylvanas was planning on enslaving the Valkyr and thus potentially have Odin turn against all of us? Hell, Genn suceeded we would probably not have to deal with the Shadowlands.

I would also point out he ends Before the Storm with a “I dont have to like the Forsaken but we dont have to continue fighting” attitude.

1 Like

To expand on that. All of Kezan should be back under Goblin control. That would be fair.

I knew you’d come in and start lying.

Genn had no clue about Sylvanas’s plans. None. Nor did Anduin.
Proof that Zerde is a liar:
https://imgur.com/a/UmdX7lp

You are dismissed.

2 Likes

I disagree, she’s being a good faith arbiter for the long-term survival of her people. Giving Gilneans their land back and formally withdrawing from the area allows these troops to return to Lordaeron and help rebuild and fortify. The Worgen can do the same, but Greymane now “owes” her for giving him this opportunity. It’s basically a quid pro quo which she can remind Greymane and use as a future tactic of political counterpoints.

2 Likes

They suspect the situation would “demand it” and they were right.

And then he decided that the sad waifs who just wanted to go off and die were okay and truly human in the novel that followed Legion.

Genn isn’t who he used to be.

1 Like

Greymane owed Varian, and the Alliance, to defend their lands in exchange for saving his people. He didn’t care so long as:
He
Got
His.

1 Like

Greymane was humbled and broken by the losses his people endured. IN BFA he even discussed that w/ Katherine Proudmoore. I think it’s a good tact and Calia is playing to his sympathies and biases to get an upperhand on old Greymane.

2 Likes

We know what Sylvanas intended to do with the lantern now was literally on behalf of the jailer who wanted to do that same thing. But generally speaking there was nothing good planned with Sylvanas, he had no reason to trust her and was right to trust his gut.

Sorry, Sylvanas wasn’t going to raise an army of hyperscourge with the lantern to save Azeroth.

4 Likes

You’re not reading what I’m writing.
I’m not saying that Sylvanas shouldn’t be stopped. I’m saying that Genn didn’t try to stop her. He wasn’t aware of what she was doing. He left Stormwind with the intent to kill her for revenge, and the world can be killed or damned as the consequences so long as HE. GOT. HIS.

I like GReymane as a flawed character…but…ah…the lore on him is rough. That is a broken man who made many bad choices. To me those bad choices humanize him and make him well rounded and written.

7 Likes

Almost no one was. Weird thing to get onto him about. He was the only one who attempted to stop her at all prior to BFA.

1 Like

Same. I love Greymane. He’s the only member of the Alliance that I like, and I will be sad news bears when they inevitably kill him to replace him with Tess.

2 Likes

WHAT???
Dude the Burning Legion has only failed to conquer or destroy one planet in all of its history: Azeroth. He was willing to ensure that every soul on Azeroth was turned into a demon, enslaved, eaten, or destroyed so long as he got to kill Sylvanas during the most dangerous moment in Azeroth’s entire history up until that point.

1 Like

Actually the original Legion story path was changed last minute so we can quest in whichever order we wanted. Originally Stormheim was supposed to be last and Aszuna was to be first. When you do Aszuna you intercept a message and give it to the Dalaran Greyfang leader. He relays it to Greymane who in turn now has probable cause to follow and monitor the situation. His gut was right because the intercepted letter gave him probable cause not to trust her intentions. He was right, and we can do the quests in any order. We can infer from how it was originally planned to give Greymane a reason beyond simply she killed my son, destroyed my kingdom, etc.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter, because it WAS changed. It was different in an earlier draft, but all mentions of that message were scrubbed from the questline. As the story exists in the game, Genn canonically has not seen that document (which is vague as heck anyway).

3 Likes

uH aKsHuAlY
https://imgur.com/a/UmdX7lp
Hard canon: Genn didn’t know. Anduin didn’t know. Admiral KillHorde didn’t know.

1 Like

Again, I’m not sure what you’re referring to if you’re not talking about Genn attacking Sylvanas and stopping her from getting the lantern. He had no reason to trust her, and he was vindicated for that. I just told you that and you were like “i’m not even talking about that”, so what are you referring to if not Genn stopping Sylvanas from her ultimate evil plan? I’ll reiterate: She was not going to use the lantern to create a superscourge to stop the Legion in order to save Azeroth.

Genn was right. Horde is evil. That these forums kvetch about Calia saying “maybe we shouldn’t be holding onto Gilneas out of spite” is proof positive of that. Complain all you want but the second a Horde character isn’t doing exactly what the Legion wanted to do you whine about it.

3 Likes

Attacking the Horde’s Warchief is a declaration of war. The ONLY reason that we didn’t immediately go to war is because Sylvanas is smarter than Genn is, whether it be for the pre retconned reason of “We need to defeat the Legion” or the post retconned reason of “if the Legion gets souls, Zoovy does not.”

If Sylvanas decided to go to war, Azeroth’s forces would’ve splintered, and the Legion would have won. Genn didn’t care about that. He only cared about revenge.

3 Likes