A look at the future of the Forsaken - Support For Calia ♕

Considering she allied with Zovaal on the basis of “dude just trust me” she is only smart in the sense that she has an aura that reduces the collective IQ of everyone else around her to room temperature.

And even if we’re not accepting the ‘retcon’, Sylvanas was not going to ‘save’ Azeroth if the lantern gave her the power to make a second scourge. She wanted to save Azeroth so she could conquer it herself.

My take from the content was that she realizes this and is trying her best.

1 Like

That doesn’t remotely matter. No one knew. Genn was willing to damn the entire planet on malding revenge. If he’s willing to act on malding revenge when the planet and his wife are going to be eaten, enslaved, or permanently soul destroyed, he will do it at literally any other time.

2 Likes

He’s pretty much said that he’s okay with Forsaken generally, just not Sylvanas. He had good reasons not to trust her, and was vindicated.

4 Likes

Is that why he took a shot at Lor’themar whence Sylvanas was condemned?
If he’s willing to dunk on Lor’themar, whomst is not Forsaken, why do you think he won’t to the actual Forsaken whose only defining character trait for their entire existence until BFA was the following 2 second portion of this video:

1 Like

He didn’t fly into a murderous rage at Lor’themar. He showed him respect but was curt.

2 Likes

Andean himself says…
“When you approached the Alliance, seeking a home for your people, you were refused.”

He didn’t say they didn’t know about it. He said they were refused.

Now Blizzard uses all the killed envoys tropes in their writing and it is hard to credit that the story is that they got lost, or abducted by aliens, or something. But it doesn’t matter. The fact is that Alliance knew the Forsake had reached out and they wanted peace.

5 Likes

Yeah, but the Goblins have all of Azshara /s and Gallywix’s pleasure palace.

I swim in the pool and visit the hot tub from time to time.

Which is totally different then the implication the Alliance killed said diplomats.

Refused a place in the Alliance/in Stormwind is also different than starting a war with them.

It really isn’t. The point is that the Forsaken reached out the Alliance and they knew it.

The meme it addresses it the one that the Forsaken have never shown anything but hostility to the Alliance. This shows that is clearly not true. The had overture. They refused it. The didn’t follow up on it.

In “Before the Storm” he pretty much refuses to believe they aren’t all “monsters”.

But with Sylvanas gone, I do think Blizzard might be setting him up for a Face-Heel turn.

1 Like

We know that it is now because of the jailer. At the time it was probably because of Helya, and the Jailer, maybe wasnt even a character.

I’m not convinced. He more or less amended the worldview you mentioned in BtS and ended that story with an acknowledgement of their humanity and the potential for peace between the living and the dead.

All Genn was did was call out Lor’themar as a hypocrit when Lor’themar said how sad things turned out with Sylvanas and all Genn said was You still followed her.

Calling out hypocrisy doesn’t make him a raging lunatic. :wolf:

6 Likes

That’s actually one of my favorite bits from Before The Storm.

Seeing the Forsaken happy doesn’t convince Genn of anything. Seeing them heartbroken does.

A reunion goes completely south between an undead wife and her human husband. He screams abuse at her and marches off. Does the Forsaken woman tear him to shreds? Throw a vile of Blight on his head? Conjure nameless things from the stygian pits to curse his very soul?

No. She stands there absolutely heart broken and despondent. Presumably only not sobbing because her tear ducts no longer work.

And it’s seeing them like that where Genn goes “Oh. Crap. These are people”.

It would’ve been so cliche to do something like having a kid be so excited to see his undead grandpa or the like. And that would’ve been stupid because everythings friendly when it’s in a great mood.

Giving a Forsaken every reason to attack, every reason to act like the monster they’re being treated like, and instead they just feel hurt and walk off dejected and that’s why Genn has a change of heart was brilliant.

Hence why Golden is the most frustrating writer I’ve ever encountered. Everybody has peaks and valley’s but she’s a damn roller coaster and not in a good way.

19 Likes

That scene was so well written. I teared up.

3 Likes

I just find it annoying they’re criticizing their own inept writing.

We were told Sylvanas had the support of the Horde’s people. We were not shown this, nor told why this was, so it remains a baffling plot point. Since taking office Sylvanas lost most of the fights she picked and had flooded Orgrimmar with the entire population of Tirisfal and also suddenly AU Draenor.

Idk what the housing market looks like in Orgrimmar but I figure a sudden influx of citizens to the tune of two whole populations might skew things a bit.

She did very little outside fail and make things markedly worse for your average citizen but somehow, someway she apparently had their undying support.

It was extraordinarily stupid.

6 Likes

Better than them thinking their inept writing was good! :slight_smile:

I didn’t say that he did.
He showed full resentment for Lor’themar, who is not Forsaken.
Imagine what he will show to the Forsaken themselves who were fully complicit in the vast majority of Sylvanas’s crimes.

After all,

1 Like

I thought that this was literally the opposite case after the humans meet their dead loved ones and he comes to the conclusion that Forsaken aren’t the problem, Sylvanas is. I thought that was the whole point of Before the Storm.

I dunno about ‘full resentment’. That meeting could’ve done a whole lot worse if it had been ‘full resentment’.

So far all we have is Genn being suspicious of Forsaken. If Forsaken don’t screw it up by being dastardly do-evils, they could turn that ‘full-resentment’ to ‘begrudging acceptance’ to ‘we’ll get along dandy’. Of course it seems that for a lot of players being a dastardly do-evil is part of the Forsaken fantasy, so I imagine Belmont and Faranell won’t be able to keep it zipped when it comes to blighting orphanages and enslaving people again.

2 Likes