A look at the future of the Forsaken - Support For Calia ♕

Nope. Thank you for the offer.

I imagine “all Night Elves are dead, Tyrande is dead, Blizzard hates Night Elves” sums it up.

14 Likes

Not too far off

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Lets see what Blizzard does with it but I am not holding my breath.
I would be shocked if they ever address how the hell they can ever defend themselves in the future since apparently the Horde can march in and do what they want, when they want. :man_shrugging:

Those catapults are ICBMs as far as Blizzard lore is concerned.

1 Like

“Pallid lady be with you”

vomit

I still think they can develop Voss, and with Voss perhaps Calia too. I even think Calia could have a place in the Forsaken (potentially).

Voss coming to terms with her father, her upbringing, Forsaken society (which until BFA she wasn’t really involved in) along with Calia also coming to terms with her heritage, her undeadness, Forsaken society, and hopefully some of what other undead have/do face both as a race but also from other races (even just smelling of rot around other races).

By itself that storyline alone could be amazing for the Forsaken. Zellig’s storyline was a fantastic look at what becoming undead entailed.

I even (somewhat) pragmatically think the “all necromancy is necromancy” stance is to basically walk back the “light-forged zombie” aspect. Which would likely be for the best.

But Pallid Lady? Come on.

I just expect her coronation in Dragonflight prepatch.

I didn’t even bother finishing the OP, too much BS

And yet, 100% of Voss content in BFA was focused on showing that she had completely come to terms with what it meant to be forsaken and that she was forsaken, to the point of being at least as deluded about what that means as other forsaken. She understood what it means to be forsaken so much that she is essentially an ambassador to the newly risen, and a mentor. We are left to assume that her acceptance of her status as forsaken is a turning of the page in her story; that she has gotten some closure at least in her own quest for vengeance, and that her purpose in the uncrowned helped her do so.

Unfortunately, we’ll never know why Sylvanas thought Voss was so important, because I think its pretty clear anything cool about Sylvanas’ BFA story was dropped in the Shredmaster Mk1.

I just don’t think we can expect Voss development if we dont acknowledge the massive Voss development that was BFA. What we are asking for has already been delivered. More please. I’ll take more of that, thank you.

2 Likes

Calia’s first act as a horde councilor within the desolate council is to give genn greymane, the biggest antagonists against the forsaken, their land and beachhead back against lordaeron with which he can then continue his work of eradicating the forsaken race to the last man and woman.

i’m telling you guys, she’s so alliance that it’s painful.

4 Likes

Sure, if by “development” you mean showing that she had been replaced by a totally different character with the same name…

3 Likes

Micah isn’t Alliance-aligned. They’ve gone on about how they don’t really like the Alliance before.

I do think that it’s interesting that if Forsaken start getting non war-mongery, non ‘I hate all living’ development they’re suddenly Alliance and not Forsaken. But for sure, we will continue to assert on this forum that Horde aren’t evil jackasses. Sure, any time they get any development that isn’t kicking Alliance around and inventing new war crimes they’re Alliance, that doesn’t mean they’re evil!

Well they couldn’t give her the “bright lady” title. That was already Jaina’s title.

2 Likes

Micah is pro worgen. Worgen is an alliance race. Micah is pro alliance. Does Micah criticize the alliance sometimes? probably. Does that mean Micah isn’t alliance aligned? no. Check out the “give the horde a break” thread from a while back and lemme know if you think her comments on there were alliance aligned or not. (Micah if you read this not a negative against you… but you are gilneas aligned which is an alliance faction)

The problem isnt that the forsaken are no longer war mongery… the problem is that suddenly we’re pretending that the forsaken wernt persecuted against. that most living things didnt see them as abominations and deny them access to the alliance. That they havnt been dealing with being hunted down by the scarlet crusade while everyone else is like yea that makes sense kuz they are undead.

Calia and derek are alliance characters. During BFA which was supposed to be a faction war expansion they spent the entire time chumming around with Anduin and Jaina. If another war broke out I see her being another alliance spy like Baine and siding with Anduin and Jaina over the horde. She had no loyalty to the horde until suddenly the writers say she does because they need her to step in as a puppet leader of the forsaken and council member. The horde is so desperate for characters that we are killing alliance ones now and setting them up as race leaders. Derek is Jainas brother. If you had to list the closest friends of Calia and Derek most(all?) of them would be alliance. She has been MIA for all past expansions from horde POV except for loitering in the priest class hall until suddenly she represents the forsaken now. She’s also a female undead version of Anduin. We don’t need a MHP type character trying to spout christie golden values to the forsaken trying to help make them better.

I’m also really afraid with the direction I think they are going with the forsaken. I enjoyed their spiteful / everyone hates us so screw them motif. Their theme of well if the living hate us then “death to the living”. Now we’re ignoring that everyone else hated them, we’re pretending that anduin and SW are ready to welcome them with open arms, its the FORSAKEN that have the problem. Lets get them a councilor on loan from the alliance to help them work through their problems so they can become another light worshiping human city with undead cosmetics.

4 Likes

While I agree with mostly everything you wrote, I’m seeing a lot of stuff showing up in-game that indicates they are aware of popular sentiment. My hope is that Calia will remain relevant to serve whatever original purpose she was slated for (best guess remains a Light themed expansion, if/when that happens) without becoming the spotlight hogging figurehead of The Forsaken overall. If nothing else, it seems like they are listening, so that’s a start.

4 Likes

thats good to hear. I ranted more than I meant to and probably went too far on some points. I don’t reply often but the story forums get me going sometimes especially when Calia is concerned. She could be a good character, but she needs a lot of work and she needs to not completely overwrite the forsaken while doing it.

Micah also wants to be a worgen on Horde for whatever reason.

I don’t think anyone is pretending this. I think the developmental direction undead are going in is one more of a focus on the Forsaken rather than the Dark Lady. Arguably that was always the case, however there wasn’t really any room in the Forsaken’s identity outside of Sylvanas. So much of their sayings are related to Sylvanas. She is almost a godlike figure to the Forsaken. If you liked Sylvanas, then you wouldn’t have a problem with this. If you liked Forsaken but didn’t like Sylvanas, you would naturally be opposed. I’ve never really liked Sylvanas.

I don’t agree that Calia is an Alliance character because really, all Forsaken used to be Alliance characters. Her loyalty may not be to the Horde but it is to the Forsaken. You should also be pleased to know that she is not the only one on the Desolate Council. Her and Voss are balanced out by Belmont and Faranell who are notably more “Forsaken-y” I suppose is one way to put it.

The Forsaken identity is changing like a lot of identities are changing and going to change.

Also if there is another war, it’s pretty clear that the Alliance will be the instigators of that war. I really do not have faith in Blizzard to do that storyline justice so I really just hope there are no more faction wars.

2 Likes

At least she did something but can’t wait to depose her when the light expansion comes out

1 Like

I liked your post in that any development was massive development for Voss. She was basically cast aside for a long period of time, and I agree in saying, “Please sir, I’d like some more please.”

But … I wouldn’t go so far as to say she’s “fleshed out” (ha, get it?) as a character.

Yeah the entire reason for this post was that pun. Don’t judge me.

2 Likes

that’ll never happen

She wants the Desolate Council to deliberate so they can pull away from a region that’s been trapped in a quagmire for years. It was all an overall failure, and returning territory they no longer want is a good chance to better relations while also pulling back to territory that’s solidified under their control. I wouldn’t call it pro-Alliance if you’re likely to pull out anyways. I’d imagine there are few on the Desolate Council that would disagree.

The plus is that the Gilneans players get a definite statement that Gilneas is returning to the Kingdom of Gilneas. I’m personally happy to see that, as it could lead to something for the future.

5 Likes

Genn Greymane was willing to consign everyone he ever knew and loved, and indeed the entire planet of Azeroth to slavery, death, and soul deletion as long as He Got His during Legion. There is no possibility for peace. He will continue his rampage against the Forsaken from Gilneas.

Count on it.

Only generally related

Also anyone laughin at how worgen get Gilneas back, but Goblins are left with one quest hub town and nothing else?

3 Likes