A look at the future of the Forsaken - Support For Calia ♕

Basically. Afrasiabi was a terrible writer, and his irl documented sexism and treatment of women is well reflected in his “creative” writing and the things he authorized to be added to the game for lore and story as well.

1 Like

I wouldn’t listen to Erevien. He has…some serious issues and gets banned often. His nonsense will stop soon. :wolf:

6 Likes

“Good,” Saurfang said sharply. “We need the Alliance to believe they are in control. The warchief told you not to hunt their spies. Obey her.”

“They will not find his body,” Nathanos said.

She knows. They ate him.

It’s totally implied.

1 Like

I don’t think he was a writer, more like a promoter or marketer. Its why Warcraft has always gone from one big moment to the next without time to catch its breath.

His official job description said otherwise.

alliance filth says what?

Pat head It’s okay lil racist. You’ll get yourself banned again :stuck_out_tongue:

Huh… thats strange-

I wonder when was the last time they held a democratic election?

There is a lot more to democracy than a group of elites choosing to exalt one of their own.

3 Likes

This is kind of irrelevant. I mean, I loved a lot of the content that came through on his watch and I have almost universally hated everything that has come through since. I also tend to like things that are considered sexist. I like Alexstrasza in a chainmail bikini. I like Sylvanas in bare midriff. I like thr female human jokes. I like my shortstack gnomes. I like that every race has complete babes for females no matter how hideous the males are. I can own that.

Pandering to a shaming culture isnt necessarily good writing.

This was discussed in his short story, his PEOPLE(not a group of elites, but the gnomish people) chose him!!! Like, really people, before jumping to a stupid conclusion maybe actually read abit about the lore.

Gelbin Mekkatorque: Cut Short by Cameron Dayton (worldofwarcraft.com)

“‘Silly revenge games’? Gelbin, do you have any idea what your death will do to the gnomes? They have kept you at the helm in spite of everything I’ve done to discredit you. The little fools love their high tinker. Your death is going to rip their hearts out.”

Gelbin Mekkatorque was a gnome in his flaws and in his triumphs. That was why his people loved him. That was why he was still high tinker. And that was why he was still fighting for the gnomes, even after so much shame, darkness, and confusion.

Welp, those spoilers on wowhead sure are interesting.

2 Likes

I’m liking the Calia and Voss conversation, plus the Dark Ranger stuff.

3 Likes

I’m trying to piece together that datamined mess of a conversation.

The Anduin and Sylvanas one is completly out of order. It makes no sense reading it how it’s posted on WoWhead.

Either way, if the ranger mog stuff is true, combined with the what know about the patch, it does look like there’s going to be a few things for people to do.

1 Like

I tried to sort it out as best I can.

*SPOILERS do not click link if you don’t want spoilers.

Sylvanas: Why are you here, Anduin? Your kingdom, and your friends, are awaiting your return.

Anduin: My friends… the ones I almost killed… they believe my hands are clean. But they don’t feel clean. Those people out there… they’re my family now.

Sylvanas: Ah. So that’s why you’ve come.You fear you might not be who you thought you were.

Anduin: How can I not when it all blurs together? It was so horrific… and exhilarating. it sickens me to think that satisfaction… may have been mine

Sylvanas: It is perilous to confuse what you are made to do with what you choose to do.

Anduin: If I’ve no trust in myself, how can I expect my kingdom to trust me?
To put their faith in me… when mine has faltered.

Sylvanas: Must you bear that weight?

Anduin: For the first time in my life… I’m afraid if I call on the Light… …it won’t answer.

Sylvanas: I have faced who I was, and accepted what I’ve done. Now, the work begins.

Anduin: A king does not have a choice.

Sylvanas: No choice? I thought you believed in free will.

Anduin: I need time to think. About many things. Farewell, Sylvanas Windrunner. Until our paths cross again.

Sylvanas: Farewell… Little Lion. May it bring your people happiness and peace.

1 Like

Nice job. It definitely reads more naturally the way you did it. :wolf:

It may not be exactly what transpires and what is said, in what order, but at least it’s something.

1 Like

I jut read the Calia spoilers and I am absolutely livid. I have no words for what they are trying to do. It’s exactly what people didn’t want. A new icon to worship. They just got rid of “The Dark Lady”…

… ugh, Calia is Sylvanas 2.0 and I hate it. Can’t anyone in this franchise just be unique?

1 Like

Calia literally states she’s not sure if the forsaken as whole accept her or not. There’s potential for conflict there.

3 Likes

she’s literally Sylvanas 2.0

After the Devs said “we are not doing Arthas 2.0 or Garrosh 2.0” they are still recycling the same story and themes for different characters. They touted how ‘The Dark Lady’ needed to be gone because she represented something negative and they literally replaced her with Sylvanas 2.0 Lite edition.