A look at the future of the Forsaken - Support For Calia ♕

A lot of Sylvanas’s moves make no sense.

What the hell was with the Unnelves? Why would she actively deprive the Jailor of souls? Sira was a mini boss at the end of Darkshore and Shadow’s Rising. Otherwise they’ve not factored into the game or overall plot in any significant way.

And I’m still confused about Azerite. Is there still a bunch of magical yellow cake uranium floating around out there? Just a small sprinkling of the stuff was shown to multiply the force of any weapon. Shoukd we not be worried about that?

10 Likes

Imagine if, say the scourge managed to get their hands on the stuff? One would think that both the horde and alliance would be stockpiling the stuff.

Just incase there’s a real unwinnable end of the world threat, you know, if we’re going to die, we’re taking everything with us type of situation :wolf:

1 Like

There was a whole rogue’s gallery on the Expeditions. Pirates, elemental lords, the Cult of the Damned, the Venture Co., Vyrkul raiders and more.

So presumably quite a lot of bad guys have at least some. Which could be an interesting plot point but I doubt it’ll come up again.

4 Likes

Which is ironic because Golden’s early work was heavy duty Horde lore. Which of course got more or less chucked out, and she just smiles and goes along with it.

With how much of a mess this is, I legit wonder how much of it is a scramble to clean things up from the behind the scenes mess with the toxic culture that was found out.

Her take on the Horde was noble savages. with Thrall being like Tarzan because he was raised by the Humans. He was her OG Gary Stu, now it’s Anduin.

At best I can figure it was an obsession Sylvanas had with being right. Delaryn told Sylvanas she couldn’t kill hope, and she couldn’t, burning the tree only made the Night Elves fight harder, so likely Sylvanas raised Delaryn and the others in believing that seeing them suffering in undeath would demoralize the Night Elf army. Obviously that didn’t work, either.

I think a pretty broad sentiment is that people want to go back to an era where the races were distinct and the world emphasized their identities, rather than continuing to remain in the passenger car of the train that has derailed into an ocean of buttwater while the conducter that led us here and one or two passengers swear “We started this trip, and dammit, we’re going to see it through!

7 Likes

Apothecary Staffron Lerent, a Forsaken Apothecary who works for the Shadow Council, is considered missing but may turn up again in the Forsaken Plot.

1 Like

Honestly it wasn’t that bad of a plan, it’s just Sylvanas decided to pull the same mistake she made with Arthas and grandstand the final blow. The only reason the Alliance leadership was even on their guard was because Sylvanas was making clear flags that she was up to something.

Anytime :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love you and everything you stand for. Best read I had all night.

3 Likes

If Calia actually cannibalizes somebody, she will be more beloved by the Forsaken community than Sylvanas.

Mark my words.

Screenshot this.

6 Likes

Sylvanas and Nathanos ate that spy he caught in A Good War.

Oh I need to read this again, I can’t recall this happened. Pretty based if true.

Wait…what? More info? This sounds amazing if it happened.

The Forsaken community stands united against Calia. Your alliance bias nonsense has no power here. Go back to Stormwind where you belong vermin.

Hey, don’t be so rude. Banshih is a pretty well-known Forsaken community member, and I not allow any slander of their name.

Oh child, how little you know.

3 Likes

I think trying to figure out the purpose of Azerite and the “unnelves” is futile, because I’m pretty sure they were both tied heavily to storylines that were later discarded. Azerite was downplayed because Afrasiabi decided he wanted Pure Evil Sylvanas™ instead, and unnelves were downplayed because they were a part of the Pure Evil Sylvanas™ story that was derailed in turn when he left.