A look at the future of the Forsaken - Support For Calia ♕

The Forsaken and the Horde are the objective bad guys as far as the Alliance is concerned.
The Scarlets have done nothing to the Alliance or Worgen. Why would they join the people that made them homeless, the people they had to fight to fight some random knights far away? It makes little sense.

I respect you like the idea and the premise but you might as well propose that the nature attuned Orcs and Night Elves join together and fight the Grimtotem Tauren clan because they pose a threat.

Yeah faction war is stupid and there are no final victors but the Horde always manages to score a major defeat on the Alliance before they raid themselves into a peace treaty.

1 Like

Nah, this thread is ppl wanting Forsaken identity dragged kicking and screaming to the guillotine and people who want what they signed up for. “It only makes sense!” doesn’t work in the wake of a story that never made sense. BFA and SL did not care about established lore or characters when it nuked this IP from orbit, so I see no reason why fixing things needs to shackle itself to that nightmare when attempting to course correct.

7 Likes

That’s why you have the Scarlets attack them.

They haven’t been a major player since Wrath so they’ve had no opportunity to wrong the Worgen. But I very much doubt the frothing at the mouth human supremacists are going to take kindly to the dog soldiers.

Edit;

Yeah that would also make sense if they posed a mutual threat. Why wouldnt it?

3 Likes

Again see my comment about the Orcs and Grimtotem.

I mean sure viewed from a Orc/Forsaken point of view it might be great if some Alliance race tags along as friends to fight a common threat.
But it sucks for the Alliance races, there are legitimate grievances that the Horde has done to the Alliance and before any super tag team duo can be formally formed to fight scarlets or Grimtotems then they have to be addressed.

This is my frustration with the way Blizzard tells its stories. They made the Horde do something Horrible so in their story they can feel bad about it. Then just as quickly they say its ok, lets put a pause and work together again without addressing any of the issues they just introduced. I would prefer the Worgen and Night Elves deal with their problems alone… So they can at least have some small measure of respect that they need the help of their aggressors to deal with a border issue.

You guys have mentioned you don’t want the Forsaken changed to appease Alliance players. Well bud if you want to work with the Alliance either you accept Calia as your lord and savior to explain why both sides are working together.
Or you take my prefered approach and… we dont work together.
You don’t want your faction identity invalidated. Fine. Then let’s not invalidate the faction integrity for Alliance races.

I understand but Blizzard and Benedikt here want Worgen and the Forsaken to hug it out like friends… either Calia is there to explain why the fence is mended OR we just don’t do this and Blizzard lets our factions/races justifiably hate each other’s guts.

1 Like

See you’re the one deciding the Alliance have to take a back seat and be the Horde’s side kicks. No reason they both cant have something interesting to do.

Quite the opposite. I want the Worgen to return to what they originally were. They got Bob Barkered by the Alliance because you can’t do anything morally reprehensible within 60ft of a human in this setting.

Let them return home, and let them play off the Forsaken, so they can actually do some badass werewolf ish.

3 Likes

Silverpine……I just think of Silverpine whenever you bring this topic up and people like Smallz fail to grasp what your saying.

Going back to something like that would be awesome. But you know, this time blizz needs to put actual worgen PCs behind the actions this time around. :wolf:

5 Likes

Why should the Night Elves work with the people that burned their kids alive?
How do you make this work without invalidating that story development?
Night Elves are so weak they need the Orcs help to fight the Grimtotem?

If you want that then they were the perfect undead killing machine.
So let them be.

And invalidate what the Forsaken done to them?

They can be great badasses as they kill forsaken and retake their home by themselves and defend it by themselves. They don’t need Horde assistance to accomplish this.

2 Likes

Because there’s a mutual threat.

We just hastily move by BFA and SL because theyre somewhere between Game of Thrones and the 1930s in terms of terrible endings.

Look man you come up with your Grimtotem fanfic I already explained why both would need the Scarlets.

… Take it you didn’t play Gilneas or Silverpine then.

Oh Blizzard has already done that. Now we’re just moving on.

Yeah that’s what the PvP parts for.

2 Likes

I don’t think setting their beef aside until a greater threat is dealt with would be untenable, but I don’t think Worgen and Forsaken getting along would make sense. Calia doesn’t really have any relevance to that history. Genn getting over it because Calia takes over doesn’t make any more sense than getting over it because Sylvanas is gone.

Not good enough.
Good enough for couple of champions but not for forsaken and worgen as a people to unite in a common cause.

I don’t care.
The Horde is fully and 100% responsible for all the damages they caused.
Why should the Alliance be further punished by having their issues invalidated?

Grimtotem and Scartlets are the same entity in this comparison. They are not a good enough reason for Alliance to forget that the Horde is responsible for some heinous actions against them.

Did you? The Worgen were killing Forsaken.

No they have not unless you want the Calia the light savior making the Forsaken good people by the grace of her light magic. If thats the road you want to take then fine. Let us suffer together.

It was PVE content that allowed Horde players to destroy those places. Lets have PVE content allow us to take it back.
Thanks.

I agree but I feel like Benedict and in some parts Blizzard want to have their cake and eat it too. We can’t have Calia take over the Forsaken and ruin their identity… but should Worgen be upset at the Forsaken for destroying, blighting and occupying their homes? Naaaaah.
Its the Scarlets thats the problem.

1 Like

Neat. Feelings mutual.

2 Likes

I don’t understand you, you complain that Alliance players don’t understand Forsaken or Horde identity so that shouldn’t be changed.

But you welcome any sort of development that would utterly destroy and invalidate the story beats and development that have defined certain Alliance races now.
Like Worgen and Night Elves. Why do you want to punish these groups further?

Oh I wouldn’t have them getting along.

Merely putting aside their differences for the time being to handle a greater, mutual threat that wants to exterminate them.

There was this really well liked RTS from awhile back that had a similar story.

1 Like

Probably because the only story beat you are giving the Worgen is one that leads directly into more faction conflict?
Give them back Gilneas and close this festering wound already.

5 Likes

I didn’t get that read at all from his posts. I think he just wanted to wedge an existential crisis between them to keep them from direct conflict in the immediate.

2 Likes

I don’t. You do.

They shouldn’t have to bare the burden of dumb story ideas from which no positive development can ever come about. Because making the primary enemy other paying customers is a suicidal business model.

You’re being a petty vindictive boy who insists no score can be settled until Blizz equally craps on everyone.

We can just move on. Nobody actually died. It’s not that big of a deal.

The PvP is always there for those who dont need to cry to mom to get a win. And the others can simply deal.

4 Likes

How would this “festering wound” close when the Horde literally does nothing to address it? Instead Alliance has to give characters away for neutral content again. Fight against an entity by working with a group that has caused ten times more damage to them.

It makes no sense.

Its once again the Horde blows up an Alliance city, Alliance can’t do anything by themselves and need to join the Horde and then hug it out at the end.
I don’t understand why we would purposefully keep punishing Alliance players like this.
I just don’t get it.

You guys freak out at the idea of Calia, the light lady who has no experience with the forsaken to lead them as a gross sacrilege.
But worgen have to work with people that genocided them? That’s totally cool?

1 Like

Give. Them. Back. Gilneas.

7 Likes

You’ve a lot of opinions on Gilneas for someone who self evidently never played it.

And continue the fight in Silverpine.
In quests and story development. No need for them to be friends when 5 minutes ago they were reconquering their home from these undead “monsters”

I have played it, And then I had to play Horde to see the rest of the story because Blizzard wanted that portion of the story to be Horde only.
It was very cool to see the Worgen as total badasses hunting the forsaken like foxes in borrow.