A look at the future of the Forsaken - Support For Calia ♕

You know what, this actually deserves exploring.

You seem to be arguing for another Faction War expansion, so the Alliance can ‘even the score’ so to speak.

2 Likes

Does your back hurt? Carrying that victim complex with you everywhere?

2 Likes

Not a total faction war expansion but regional conflicts just to show these people don’t get along for very good reasons.
Skrimishes. Not war.

Cataclysm is notorious in developing for Horde content first and then they ran out of time for the Alliance. I don’t understand why you are being snarky with me, I haven’t been discourteous to you in anyway. If I piss you off then just put me on ignore.

1 Like

I would’ve. Your profile is hidden.

I don’t think you contribute anything valuable and I think most of your opinions are terrible.

If you want I can put you on ignore and I will not interact with you ever again.
I did the same with Alynsa.

I’ll try to make this simple.

If two enemies are confronted with a threat that will eradicate them both, they can stop fighting until the threat is dealt with, then go back to fighting each other.

This “hug it out” Horde vs. Alliance spin is you trying to force everything back to the bowl of diarrhea to compare scars again.

3 Likes

I literally don’t know how or I would lol. It just tells me your profile isn’t public and gives me no further option.

Already tried about the time you accused me of supporting tokenism because I wasn’t pro retroactive apartheid.

1 Like

Click on your profile picture in the top right
Click on the person icon on the top right of that sub-menu
Click on Preferences
On the left side, under Notifications, click on Users
Click “+Add…”
Put in their username and realm and select “Forever” for duration.
Click “Ignore”

3 Likes

The problem is that the Alliance has had several times had to put their own concerns and grievances aside because the big bad forced them to join their aggressors.

If the Horde has a villain bat problem the Alliance has the “victim but forced to work with the villain” problem.
If we are fixing the Horde by not making them villains then why do we insist on making them put aside their issues with the Horde again for the greater good?
One of the big problems with the Alliance is that they can’t defend themselves, they can’t actually accomplish anything worthwile… so to fix that the Worgen should retake their home. And they should defend it by themselves. The less horde is involved the better.

Edit: Benedict I have put you on ignore and I will not be talking with you again. Hope this makes your posting more enjoyable. Have a good day.

1 Like

Man. I could’ve avoided so many go nowhere arguments with this! Thank you kindly!

1 Like

Unless Blizzard decides to do another Cataclysm style revamp this would be highly improbable considering the limited zone counts.
Trying to actually tell a story about skirmishing would put a lot of focus on a plot point that by the nature of things will never end in a satisfactory manner.
And I can’t imagine people are going to feel particularly mollified if the continuing story of their anger is a bunch of npc’s endlessly punching eachother to death and respawning.

Oh crap and you can save multiple drafts and everything!

I’m not sure why I assumed this hadn’t changed much since 2008.

I think this entire conversation was about a world revamp and continuance of the story.

Since Alliance can’t actually blow up or kill any major characters to remedy the situation because it will affect the Horde players negatively, this is the best solution.
Otherwise, once again Alliance players are expected to just let the issue fester like end of MoP, our only victory was Varian finger pointing Voljin.
This is much more preferable than making Horde and Alliance super best friends who never had problems ever.

I’ve gone round and round on this with you a dozen times in a dozen threads already, so I’m just going to skip to this part: ongoing storylines need to work for both factions. Horde and Alliance should view one another as villains, both sides should be mixed bags of morality, deeds, and misdeeds.

5 Likes

I’ll just end with the idea that I’m skeptical that the situation would be all that functionally different from the end of MoP.

Excellent. So no worgens and forsaken working together.
I agree.
Because if they put aside their differences and join up together and work together to kill scarlets or whatever it only works for one faction and its the Horde.

1 Like

As I’ve said before, I think Calia still has a place among the Forsaken, trying to serve as the ‘Better Angel’ of her people, but living first as a princess in a castle (though we don’t know how much of that was her parents being protective or her own personal preferences), then as a living refugee in Alliance-held territory, then finally as a unique ‘Light-Zombie’ who hasn’t even experienced the same kind of undeath as the other Forsaken means that it should be realistically impossible for her to relate to them, no matter how much she genuinely would like to try to.

Thus, some of the unfortunate ‘White Savior’ tropes. I think that she could be part of a council, Secretary In Charge Of Not Kicking Puppies, but she shouldn’t be an actual ruler.

4 Likes

The work together part is something you carried into that conversation, I think, as far as the full on faction involvement.

I would be surprised if the person who was all in on the existing Cata era rivalry would want that muted into comeradery.

The Horde has done so many terrible things to the Alliance because they wanted to make the Horde super cool and edgy.

Since Alliance can’t take revenge and i don’t think they should, there should be some events that recaptures what was lost and then Horde stays FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR away from alliance stories, and if they have to be involved then its a hostile one.

It isn’t even hard really, just look at what worked for WC3 through WotLK and return to that.

1 Like