A look at the future of the Forsaken - Support For Calia ♕

Oh please. Nothing about the story from Legion onward has behaved in any sort of logical way.

Nobody knows what they’re going to do next, and not in a fun surprise kinda way. In a “Jesus Christ What Now” sort of way.

The only thing I’m reasonably confident of is that whatever happens it’ll find a way to piss off Nelf fans.

4 Likes

I am tired of Alliance being used as prop for a Horde story for Horde fans. At least if you are going to do it then have Alliance react logically to Horde characters… like Kill on Sight sort of reaction.

If Lorthemar is going down a flight of stairs I want Jaina to give a good shove as she trips him down. Oh no victims, oh yey we love you, oh no victims, oh yey we love you cycle is tiring and annoying.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to Purge of Dalaran 2.0 when Jaina realizes Aethas has not only been reinstated, but Khadgar supports him.

I’m only back because of Aethas Sunreaver.

1 Like

Some people think “I will never serve” to be the most dumb dialogue ever uttered in this franchise.
I humbly nominate this:

YOU ARE LITERALLY THE SAME PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS SH!T. ARE YOU GODAMN SERIOUS RIGHT NOW??? ARGHGHGHGH.

2 Likes

God this cinematic was so dumb and kitch. I’m glad this is something we can agree on.

“Where’s your home?”

“Azeroth!”

so CRINGE.

If this cinematic didn’t feature Miss “Just Commited Mass Slaughter of the Zandalari” Jaina Proundmoore then this may have been less cringe.

1 Like

How many genocides and ethnic cleansings and punishments based solely on their race must the Blood Elves suffer at the hands of the Alliance in Dalaran? At some point, we should not get so comfortable hanging out there.

3 Likes

I mean, good thing Jaina never comitted a genocide against the blood elves in Dalaran than. Her killing NPCs was and is a known bug with scenario.

1 Like

its more cringe that the architect of teldrassil’s invasion because “we can never get along” is lecturing us on where our home is apparently.

Pretty much my reaction to anything a Horde character wants to convey about peace and reconciliation.

Like bro you were just buring kids alive and now you want to chill? How about… no?

1 Like

I’m old to school the High elves taught the humans magic in the first place, we should bring them back down to the dirt where humans belong.

4 Likes

I’d be 100% down if Jaina just took her anger out on the ORCS who killed her dad and blew up up her city.

It’s not fair the Blood elves and Zandalari have to be antagonized by her instead.

All because she has a soft spot for Thrall.

Or,

We let the Forsaken and Worgen have a really kickass fantasy storyline in the haunted woods of the Northern EK.

Let the monstrous factions be monstrous. Just put up a trigger warning for the players who are going to sanctimoniously pearl clutch for over a decade if you harm a single hair on a human.

8 Likes

Twilight + Disney Villain Tone + Southern Gothic Novel + Penny Dreadful Theater

5 Likes

It’d be really easy.

We can just have the Scarlets turn back up in Gilneas and Lordaeron. The unleashed Scourge provide more than enough explanation for why their numbers swelled. And they invade with the intention to purge the undead and Worgen alike from the Northern Kingdoms.

There’s your reason for a broad truce and a PvE challenge. Now that we can team up in dungeons you could have the Forsaken and Worgen comedically arguing in SFK and hopefully some Raid on a Scarlet stronghold.

Then have some BGs and/or PvP overworld objectives in Alterac City, Fenris Isle, Strahnbad. I’d have it being RAS VS the Bloodfang in that regard as they have a pretty established habit of going rogue anyway.

Like Blizz specifically engineered another Halloween race for the express purpose of being the Alliance’s answer to the Forsaken. And then just forgot they existed. That’s insane to me.

7 Likes

As long as they are trying to kill each other. Absolutely.

1 Like

Give them the Scarlets to share as a chew toy. Have the Argents trying to make them wear a get along shirt and have RAS and the Bloodfang in open perpetual conflict like the Warsong and Silverwing Sentinels.

Gives something for everyone to do. The PVErs get a few new Scarlet dungeons and those are always fun. The peaceniks get to try to forge a better tomorrow with the Argents, preferably now led by Faol. And the PvPers get a new theater of eternal bloodshed.

Win, win, win.

1 Like

Ugh I don’t get your fascination with Worgen and Forsaken tag teaming against the scarlets.

You got a monstrous undead Horde faction and a monstrous Alliance faction in a dark creepy forest. Let them fight! Just look at the hearthstone trailer above, they get the appeal.

Leave the scarlets in northern lodearon trying Deus Vult the undead. Thats where they excel and thats where they should stay.

1 Like

That was such a good expansion.

2 Likes

We must destroy player investment to honor incompetent writing, because [False Dichotomy] is the only alternative!

— this thread

3 Likes

Its a tight rope they have to walk on.

You got monsters who are being treated like heroes by the victims they brutalized.
How do you keep the monsters intact for their fans without making the victims even more miserable when you have spent two expansions telling a single character’s story arc that nobody wanted.

I think this thread is just trying to thread this needle. And its definitely tricky.

1 Like

Because the faction conflict as a main storyline is dumb. Neither side can win or lose. It’s a perpetual stalemate.

Plus the tree hugger races and diminutive tech genius races get to work together. So why not let the Gothic horror race have their fun.

The Scarlets provide an enemy that would very believably want them both dead with no room for negotiation. And having Knights In Shining Armor get ripped to shreds by werewolves and frankensteins, and the knights are the objective bad guys, would bring Warcraft back to it’s roots as a disobedient fairytale.

Plenty of places where there can be a Halloween War. It just shouldn’t be the main narrative thrust. Faction conflict should be a perpetual B plot.

6 Likes