A LIGHTFORGED warlock? srsly?

They have a choice in practicing Necromancy. Those Lightforged Draenei Death Knights could just swing their swords around, instead of raising the dead to fight for them.

They’re corrupted, what does it matter anymore once they’re dead and corrupt?
The point is that they didn’t have a choice. No LF would willingly chose to use Fel.

Well, I’ll bring up my earlier point then.

They Lightforged a Dreadlord. A DREADLORD. Is it beyond the realm of possibility they could Lightforge, say, an Eredar? Or that said Eredar might start wielding their mastery of demonic magic in service of the Light? The Lightforged have not balked about working in tandem with the Void Elves. In fact, in BFA during the incursions, when you turn in the one Umbric was in charge of, the Lightforged Draenei brags about how the Alliance has powers that the Horde cannot fathom at their disposal, and it’s futile for the Horde to continue the war.

Seems like, ‘if its in service to the Light,’ then anything may be on the table.

Lore doesnt matter in this game.

2 Likes

They lightforged that Dreadlord. They didn’t bring it in and ask it to teach its ways. They attempted to brainwash it and make it serve the Light.
There is no way to spin this.

4 Likes

Blizzard with their lore:

4 Likes

This is the way i look at it. Fel is just corruption. Anyone can become corrupted with the proper temptations.

what? lore was thrown out the window in wod at best.
if you recall the broken isles were originally UNDERWATER FOR SEVERAL THOUSAND YEARS. all the inhabitants should have been long dead. they were raised by guldan in warcraft ii.

I can’t believe OP would post this, especially during pride month. There are no limitations to anything!

eh, there was a “Light” Voidwalker in Exile’s Reach, just chilling.

1 Like

My soon to be Lightforged Warlock’s future sirloin steak complaining about lore. Ironic. :hamburger: :cow:

2 Likes

I’m more surprised we got panda warlocks before panda druids.

2 Likes

actually saying a certain race can’t be a specific class IS racism if you think about it - applying a generalization about an entire species in regards to waht they can and can’t be is ridiculous, time for EVERY RACE = EVERY CLASS

2 Likes

Not really, chronicles & other books had at least addressed that to some degree.
Also if you think that’s ludicrous then you’d definitely not like a heap of what Shadowlands did to the lore lol

WoD gave us Legion, which I thoroughly enjoyed so I gave it a pass — Plus aside from its own lore, it didn’t butcher majority of the old lore to make itself make sense & try make itself look better.

They simply retconned that to making it just the Broken Shore along with the Tomb of Sargeras (Instead of the entirety of the isles).

However even with the WoD + Broken Isles shenanigans, that’s nothing compared to what Shadowlands retcons had done. Shadowlands ruined so many concepts, ideals and had even denounced a heap of prior lore-books too, making them non-canon & essentially pinning the heads of the readers to the wall, having their way with their wallet and using the money they spent on those books to wipe their butts.

That’s why I probably won’t buy WoW books anymore … They spat in my face and deemed the prior books, the knowledge of them and myself, along with the other players who purchased them – As worthless, as they put the change in their back pocket and replaced the lore with terrible ideas that many loathed.

4 Likes

If you’re fine with that being explained away, then you should be fine with anything being explained away then.

And tbh, not many players are going to look at the books or such to figure out why the Undead can use the light, despite the fact that ingame, the light is suppose to be painful for them to use. And this game goes far back as TBC, Cata and especially Wrath as it’s earliest to demonstrate that. (This is not to mention some of the old books were decanonized)

Undead Priests solely exist for gameplay purposes.

That it alone, the game focus more on Gameplay rather then lore a lot of the times anyways. (which makes sense because it’s a video game)

It doesn’t matter if i think it’s ludicrous or not. Infact, the point of that “fixing” wasn’t exactly showing my disgust for it, but rather showcase how this sort of thing isn’t new, regardless if it’s explained away or not.

We’ve allowed one lore breaking combo and that sets a precedent to break more of the lore to serve for the gameplay as we go on. Player characters has never mattered to the lore.

I’ve made a thread where i’ve discussed that and given my two cents on the matter, and even listed off more of the earlier lore breaking combos before Shadowlands or WoD even.

uhm what? yes it did. it basically erased warcraft ii lore from existance you even say this with your NEXT POST.

They simply retconned that to making it just the Broken Shore along with the Tomb of Sargeras (Instead of the entirety of the isles).

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT RETCONNING IS. butchering the lore because the writers are too incapable to figure out what to do with the story. retconning is lazy writing 101.

3 Likes

Gross. A Tauren “Paladin”?

What class uses tree trunks as weapons and why are Taurens allowed to be any other class?

Panda DH and Goblin Paladins better when?

Actually, Gnome Druid.

Not a single person gets to complain.

If you’re gonna destroy the lore, at least open up all the combos.

1 Like

I just hope this means I can play an undead paladin someday. Love me some Sir Ziliek vibes.

shadowpriests lightforged have been a thing and? or holy void elf priests :person_shrugging: that “lore” reason went out of the window years ago…

too late op

1 Like