[A] Interest Check - Outlaw Biker Themed Guild - Looking to Form Guild

** Post Edited after many helpful comments to this post - Also, remade Apolleo into a Warrior to better fit into the guild theme **

RP/PVE/PVP/WPVP and criminal activities all on the agenda.

Looking for like minded roleplay criminals, mercenaries, misfits, and the underbelly of the Alliance! I will need a lot of help to get things going. I’m new to role play, but eager to jump in and learn.

I could use people that are interested in this guild theme to come on board and help shape this guild, and see what it grows into. Where we are located, the name, our backstory, our agenda, it’s all wide open. I just need a few experienced roleplay folks, or new roleplay players like me with an interest in this guild theme, to join up and get this thing “rolling” * coughs* - I’m a funny guy!

Just three main points to build the guild around:

1. We are not lawful. That doesn’t mean your character has to be evil, or a jerk. It just means we do not respect the law. This guild would be open to all sorts of character types that fit the theme.

2. To be a full member, you must own a in game motorcycle type mount - Heirloom chopper accepted as long as you plan to upgrade in the future. As a guild we will ride our bikes together. We will be a brotherhood that have each others backs.

3. We must build the “outlaw biker” themed guild to fit within wow lore. Again, help and ideas needed as we grow and develop.

With number 2 in mind, we could accept “pledges” who are working toward getting their bike. We might even have rewards to help pledges earn their bike - again, all to be worked out!

We will have a code that every member must abide by. To be set up with help from the newest members interested. Things like we don’t assault innocent women, kids, or domesticated animals! (sorry, huge dog lover IRL xD)

We will stir up trouble via roleplay (no harassment of course) with extortion, kidnapping, smuggling, hits, mercenary work, etc. - and hopefully group wpvp for fun at all levels. We will defend our turf. We will give respect if earned, and demand it in return.

That’s really it for now. Being a new roleplayer, I really, really could use some help with this whole project. It only takes a few to grow into something special!

Lastly, I don’t have to be guild leader, and will gladly step aside to someone interested and experienced to take the helm. I would like to be an active part of the guild though!

Thanks!

4 Likes

I’m in. I have the chopper from that dude in old town.

Hi, sounds good! Reach out to me in game via mail or whisper. We’ll get together and discuss things! I hope we get a few more to get things started. See ya in game!

Interested, Redwood Originals here i come.

OP Here,

I’m still interested in this guild concept as well! I tried recruiting for a couple days via trade chat, and had no luck at all. I refuse to spam invite guildless folks to get off and running.

Maybe someday this thing will gel together.

Seems like a fairly outlandish concept to try and fit a modern motor cycle club format into a feudal setting, regardless of the vehicle’s existence in the game world.

I’m not one to tell people how to roleplay but as your stated this idea stems directly from a TV show…it comes off as a bit light and couldn’t expect anyone to take it seriously.

That explains it, thanks.

I’m very new to actual roleplay and didn’t realize the concept is so farfetched to the lore.

Maybe if you squint.

No it’s not. The idea and concept are fine and can fit just fine in to a WoW setting with ease. All you need are interested and dedicated people!

4 Likes

No. No it’s not. It’s an incredibly dumb concept that would not work within the setting of WoW. I try not to be part of the lore gestapo here but this is one idea that should never see the light of day, and I am being harsh purely for OP’s benefit. This is not going to go over well and will crash and burn faster than you can blink.

I honestly had no clue. I just visualized a criminal organization that is very heavily invested in criminal activities such as smuggling, extortion, kidnapping, mercenary work, contract hits, and such.

I also knew that in game cinematics have airships, “coptors”, mechs, etc, that they use in combat. I didn’t realize riding a couple mounts supplied to us by the developers would totally throw this whole concept way out of whack.

Let me ask this question - If it is the exact same guild concept as above - criminal organization - everyone rides on horseback instead of bikes - would the guild concept work then?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Nah, just because you think it’s ‘dumb’ doesn’t mean others will. It may not get a lot of traction and I probably wouldn’t make it a guild. Rather, it can be a non-guilded group.

Be it mecho-hogs or horseback, it shouldn’t matter. I wouldn’t take inspiration from everything involving Sons of Anarchy for set up but it’s a start.

It doesn’t.

3 Likes

I think this concept sounds great, honestly! We need more fun concepts. I’m tired of seeing the same guild just re-pasted under a different name.

If I end up getting a chopper anytime soon, I’ll be sure to try ‘n’ craft an alt that’d fit this idea! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think it’s an excellent idea too, and the guild is as great as what you make it. I have no respect for people that trash others’ ideas. It achieves nothing. All they’re trying to do is make themselves feel superior.

Anyhow, don’t give up OP. Any new guild takes a lot of work, passion, and dedication to get it off the ground in the first few months. Some of the best set ups I’ve seen is to do a great website and/or discord to inspire others about how great it will be (your future plans). The second thing I would suggest is to create an event. For example, you might organise a biker’s parade, or write a short story, with an RP hook at the end. Give your members action and give them something to participate in.

7 Likes

Don’t let the naysayers get you down OP. I think it’s a cool idea. One of the great things about WoW is that it takes inspiration from all sorts of genres which opens up many different avenues for roleplay. Best of luck to you and your future crew! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

There is literally a motorcycle vendor in old town, gnomish and goblin engineers have recipes for motorcycles, Gallywix literally rides a supped up motorized Goblin trike. The GMOD exists. How is this out of WoW’s setting? Especially with the introduction of azerite. Dont run around trying to ruin other people’s rp.

3 Likes

There’s a horde biker guild on Emerald Dream that is pretty popular and there used to be a nice alliance one (Think it might have been Gnomish?) on Cenarion Circle a few years ago. It’s a guild concept that has been successful in the past and there’s no reason to think that yours can’t also be successful here on MG. Don’t let people’s personal fannon-based lore “rules” bring you down.

That said, building a guild from scratch, especially when you don’t already have connections is an uphill battle. Definitely make a forum advertisement. Add that you’re recruiting in your TRP. And make sure you’re rping in game regularly. It can be slow going, but once you get one or two solid players, it’ll be easier.

6 Likes

Wow! Thanks for the positive comments. On mobile now, will reply when settled in at work in a bit.

4 Likes

Ok, woo! All settled in at work.

First off, thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions. I am completely overwhelmed though. I am brand new to RP, pretty new to discord (used it in in Destiny 2, but never set up a server), and Total RP 3. I installed TRP 3 on my gaming rig at home,. Sadly this old work laptop and it’s 3GB of ram will not run addons. I do log in from work from time to time throughout the day though, a perk of the position!

I definitely will set up my TRP 3 profile, and add the recruiting part in the profile. I will also try to overcome my roleplay “shyness”, and attempt to participate! I honestly do not understand it where the shyness comes from. I am not shy in real life, Lol.

I need help with this project though. I’m in waaaay over my head. I do not have to be guild leader at all - this is just something I would love to be a part of, and wouldn’t mind taking an active role in the guild to help it grow, develop, and sustain. So if any experienced roleplayers, former guild leaders, or qualified candidates want to take the helm, please let me know!

We’ll see how it goes. If it stops here, then it stops here, but it sure was great getting all the positive, and accepting comments about the general Idea.

-Kyotee

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s where the naysayers are telling you to chill out. A biker gang? Very possible. A modern era styled Motorcycle Club that takes its features directly from 21st century culture (and specifically a TV show)? If not silly, it is highly immersion breaking - I wouldn’t want to RP with that group.

By all means, try the concept out but I highly suggest trying to consider what factors would make it seem legit within the WoW-verse, just copy pasting Sons of Anarchy isn’t the way to go. Put some thought and effort into making your concept work within the game world and lore.