A full Classic server has a third as few Black Lotus relative to players

I haven’t mentioned layer sizes a single time, I’m going to ignore your blatant attempt to bait me into a pointless argument.

No you’ve made your point in many other threads on why you believe server sizes in Classic are the same as Vanilla (Ion’s outdated quote that a layer is the same size as a Vanilla server). You’ve been in this thread for the last hour now under that same pretense, brushing off Blue posts as being outdated while clinging to your own outdated post.

You must be a Lotus farmer, there is no reason to care otherwise what happens to Lotus spawns.

1 Like

You obviously have me mistaken for someone else. Find a single post of me mentioning Ion’s post (whatever that means) about layering.

I’ve been linking TWO outdated posts. The more recent one (by two days) is the one I’m using to DEBUNK the other outdated post. The more recent one says Low pop servers are EQUAL to Full pop Vanilla servers, and anyone with a lick of sense knows that’s not true as of now.

Yeah, look how awesome I am at Lotus farming, I have so much net worth:

https://i.imgur.com/YCysJaS.png

this could be easily solved by opening up new servers with free xfers like they did in the past. I’m kinda surprised they haven’t.

You relize those numbers were acutioned off with the server’s along with original source code… right?

That’s a very interesting interpretation of what you’ve quoted.

This is not stating that the lowest population realms we currently have are equivalent to the highest population realms in 2006. It’s rather stating that a full realm in 2006 would be considered a low population realm by our current metrics.

If we contrast that with ironforge.pro for example, we can see that the highest population realms have more than 10,000 weekly logs for unique raiding characters. Servers with around 2000-3000 weekly logs for unique raiding characters are considered Low by our current metrics, but may have been considered Full in 2006.

2 Likes

Arcanite Reaper is a Medium realm and there are constantly cries about how dead it is from the people playing there. At prime-time when adding together both factions, there is routinely only 1,000 players online.

I’m going to run a census later tonight at prime-time and show you.

1 Like

Show me what?

The roughly 1000 unique player raid logs already exemplify the point that there are roughly 1000 active raiding level 60s on Arcanite Reaper. I’m sorry if I’m missing your point; it doesn’t seem to be clear to me.

My point is that Medium realms aren’t more populated than even the most Full Vanilla realms, like the above posters seem to think. The Blue posts are outdated, that happens, things change.

Blizzard doesn’t keep us updated every single time something changes, people have to think for themselves once in awhile.

1 Like

It boggles me that the problem of “Server’s having more people than lotus” should be solved by “more lotus” instead of “moving to a server with less people.”

2 Likes

I care! This issue must be addressed!

Screw it just give everyone 100 black lotus in their backpack. Kill the demand and the real money trade’s grip on the market all in one fell swoop.
Game of full of gold buying and selling anyways. Only ones hurting are the ones who didn’t abuse layering, don’t jave a mage, and don’t buy gold.
Crash the market. The game will be better afterwards. See real current events in the real world as an example. Smh. Yea this post is sarcasm for those who can’t tell.

OP is right but we need to take their argument to its logical conclusion. From now on the drop rate of every item outside of instances is tripled to account for the fact that there are three times as many players in the game as there were before. This includes quest items, gold and reputation gains, because it shouldn’t be harder to gain reputation simply because there are more people in the server. Now we can have triple the supply of every single material in the game. To account for this, we are tripling the amount of items that you need in order to activate AQ.

For instances, we will scale drop rates depending on how many people are in the instance. If you choose to run Onyxia with only 20/40, you will only get half as many items as usual, because the population in the instance is halved. This extends to gold, quest items, and reputation gains as well.

1 Like

Except realms are the same size they were in vanilla.

Maybe you just played on a low pop realm then and are on a high pop realm now.

False. It’s not only him that it’s concerned about black lotus. Many people are. But what can they really do about it? It’s not something many people will be passionate about, but it is something many would agree could see some changes.

1 Like

No they aren’t. They’re much more players per servers on classic than there was in vanilla.

1 Like

When did they do this? I know they removed layering but I thought they kept higher pop caps than Vanilla? Did I miss something?

And you have what proof of this? Blizzard said they were aiming for realms the same size as vanilla.

False what? I didn’t say he’s the only one concerned about it.

Yes you missed the part where removing layers lowers the max logged in player cap.