A forum suggestion for Blizzard

No there wasn’t an outcry when the new forums was implemented. It was setup from the get go to work like it does now.

1 Like

I think it works both ways. I have seen people abuse alts, but, I think if people are going to be jerks, they’ll be jerks either way.

You might be right about how Blizzard intended the forums to work, I honestly have no idea.

I personally don’t see the downsides to a change like this, but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. It’s just a bit beyond me, right now.

So, yeah, I do think these would be good changes. And, maybe bring back the old upvote downvote system. That might also curb some bad behaviors.

Sadly, alt accounts is the current state of social media. I don’t see Blizzard going against the trend.

they abuse ‘alts’ but generally for stupid stuff like making trolls threads - which are easily avoid. Liking their own posts which is pathetic but it irritates people who think likes mean something and on occasion multiple flagging post (which is generally only a one or two time things before they get a forum vacation for that).

the outcry came before the new forums were put in - they starting talking about them back in Sept 2018 a few months prior to implementing them.

The real ID issue was back in 2010.

1 Like

Yes, and that’s specifically something that I want gone. The troll threads need to stop.

Just came from a thread where all of these things were happening, so it is an issue.

The current model of the forums, obviously isn’t working. Something needs to change.

1 Like

Okay? Show us?

For some reason I was tagged into this, but I’ll make the same point I made before in order to keep the conversation healthy and away from an echo chamber.

Putting the battle tag over your character will erase your character’s identity. You will become your battle tag, and not your avatar/name. I do not like that option and will disagree with this until someone provides a better alternative. The argument that “oh your avatar is you haha” is a poor attempt at placating, not a genuine realization. I am my avatar and my name.

trolls thread will continue - all you will do is stop the handful of people who are using alts to make them.

and people liking their own posts - why would that bother you?

people get forum vacations for multiple flagging on alts - so blizzard has that handled already.

tell me a way to retrieve all the forum posts from the old forum and I will

Well, this thread got mucked up!
After 130 replies, I doubt mine will be read but:

I don’t want battle tag.
I am very tired of the constant LGBQ threads that are designed to bait us. I get sucked it too and I know it is troll bait. It is not just the LGBQ threads but they sure stand out as taunting.

I’m fully willing to admit that this might do nothing. But, currently what Blizzard is doing… is nothing. The current model for the forums is a terrible mess, so, again, something needs to change.

I’m willing to listen to suggestions, but, there does need to be change.

2 Likes

Replace the < > where the guild name is with battletag

Irrenhause
60 belf priest < irrenhause >

Then when you swap to your alt battlemaster itll show

Battlemaster
60 chad paladin < irrenhause >

Or add it below guild name

It literally doesn’t matter where they put it, it just needs to be visible somewhere so that people know that you and me are the same human behind the monitor

It doesn’t even need to show btag, just have a list of connected alts under the same license when you click on someone’s forum profile

all they need to do is use their moderation tools and moderate - they have a fix, they just aren’t using it.

Actually if they just made people stick to talking about the actual game instead of everything else like this and the gender business - there would be very little trolling. Other games that force that, don’t have the problem this forum has.

Simple, look up on Google “Internet Wayback machine”

and this is what I have been getting all weekend because you people annoyed me that much

https://prnt.sc/Uowf0zOZRq9w

A much preferred solution over Mirasol’s proposal, I will admit.
I am still not convinced that it’s necessary and Blizz has tons of tools at its disposal to fix these issues anyways, but I might be able to live with that.

I will also be fine with this.

1 Like

That is a browser issue.

I actually, looked, there was no outrage as Blizzard never mentioned using Battlenet ID with the new wow forums. The ONLY outrage was the RealID stink back in 2010. The only stink raised with the new forums was the loss of post counts from old posters.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think that most of the moderation is automated.

That could be since AI come a long way.