A forum suggestion for Blizzard

You can leave, or stay, up to you. “Grow-up”.

Sure it did.

lol - so you are saying I switched characters in the other thread. Awesome - blizzard please take note and ignore these people because you can’t see I did not. They aren’t basing anything on facts.

I see.

So…

“I’m upset… because they said something wrong… on the internet… on a video game forum!”

Yeah, tell your friends, they’ll be proud, I’m super sure.

One word- boredom. I mean, what are you doing that your friends would be proud of? You actually offered nothing to the thread.

I personally still want the Char option, but sub to the Battletag. Char would be the avatar.

This is from the main thread on the topic and has a player made example image that I liked.

• Changing your char name, transferring, etc makes you start over with post count, trust level, etc. Other Blizzard forums don’t have this issue because they use Btags.
  • Flags and likes are per character, not Btag (this is not how the rest of the forums work) and it allows people to abuse the reporting system. Yes, some get penalized, but it is rare. Abuse of reports is common.
  • People sock puppeting to self promote, to argue with themselves, cause drama, etc.
  • People switching alts to circumvent the Ignore features.
  • Posting char name-server means people can message you in game without your permission, and add you a friend on that char to track you, without your permission. Btags require you allowing contact and don’t let anyone pester you in game.

Switch this forum, like all the other Blizz forums, to a Btag format would resolve those things, mostly. Or force them to use separate Btags with new accounts/payments to get around it.

Nobody is saying your char identity would be erased. But it would be sub to your main Btag. The example above is what I would love to see.

2 Likes

Only thing about it is the window is still open to change that can be abused.

This needs to happen. It would at least slow down the troll threads. And, people who harass on alts would also be limited. Actions taken, would be taken against an account just like now, so that wouldn’t change… Realistically, this doesn’t have any downsides that I can think of.

2 Likes

This is how the other battlenet forums work.

Works fine for the HS/Diablo/OW forums.

1 Like

That’s basically what the devolved discussion was about. No one had really been able to articulate downsides that are not based on misunderstandings/misinformation of the BattleTag system. People complain, just to complain and are unable to explain their reasoning. I said it before, but I found 1 person with over 60 alts who was against it for obvious reasons in the other thread.

That is a problem if we were to vote on it there would be alts casting votes to bunk in their familiar.

So would the battle tag include all the accounts or just one account?

they originally intended for this new forum to be exactly like all the other forums, except the community didn’t want the battle tag id and there were all sorts of reasons most of which I can’t remember but because of that outcry blizzard went and got it changed to character specific. Blizzard thought those concerns were legitimate even if some people in this thread think they can be ‘fixed’ in other ways.

Also, I have seen no one harass others on alts and I get harassed a lot on this forum. It is always the people who want to keep track of who is who that are the ones doing the harassing in my experience.

it would be pretty hard to do all accounts because people have accounts that aren’t linked.

Then would be we are back to the same problem again.

okay, perhaps talk to your guild master and maybe practice internet 101 and not devulge personal information online.

A Battletag is the top level game account nickname. Under that Battltag you can have one of each other game license, and up to 8 WoW licenses.

Each WoW license can have 50 normal chars + something like 100 classic chars.

So, for each Battletag, a person currently can have 400+ characters they post on - each separately.

Battletag posting would put all those under one main Battletag nickname - but the person could select which one of those chars they want to use for Avatar and such. Got to keep transmog!

1 Like

there really isn’t much of a problem to begin with - a blue in customer support indicated their records show very few people switching alts to like posts and what not.

You are QUITE wrong, it was RealID that caused a big stink. RealID uses your real name for it to work. Battletag is something different, no personal information (like your real name) is given. But you already know this as several of us have told you before. Get your facts straight.

3 Likes

Then it wouldn’t work.I have two accounts 120 toons dropping them down to 2 with a option of changing without time restriction set we whine up the same again. Some people have a lot of accounts. You see the amount isn’t the problem it’s the timing they are on.

That was back in cata - they switched the forums over this new format back in 2018. There were outcries about both.

All you people arguing with me - tell me why if there wasn’t outcry - this forum ended up being character specific and not btag id like all the other forums. Blizzard had to go out of their way to make it character specific.

1 Like

What an incredibly terrible idea, lol.

1 Like

yes that one is even worse than just switching to battle tag id.